file New Teleport Pad for 1.03?

• Phil
  • Phil's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 1
21 Jun 2008 12:57 #1
Since I am pretty confident with making DTS models (see my Custom Marble thread), do you think I should recreate the Teleport Pad? It looks very cheapo and not very MBP-like, and I think I could do a better job than that and make it look better. (or perhaps I could just re-texture it?)

What's your opinion? Maybe I could even do a new Finish Sign (yeah I do remember that thread with design ideas for the new sign)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
21 Jun 2008 14:33 #2
GO FOR IT!!! NEW LOOKS FTW

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
21 Jun 2008 14:51 #3
I talked to Phil and we're delaying it to 2.00.

Reasonings:
1) We don't have any suggestions/drawings/etc and some staff are not here to comment.
2) Phil just started using Maya. Let's admit it, he's average at best. He needs to learn a lot more and get tons more experience before we can actually do that.
3) If we're going for such redesign I will as well ask for a complete remade of the powerups/hazards set, but this is a lot of work and I'm still in doubt of actually doing that coz that means a total redesign for almost all levels and total gameplay change and just about WR changes, you're gonna overkill the entire leaderboards with such a huge reset so I'm not in favor for a powerups/hazards redesign. Teleporter about the same unless triggers stay in the same place.
4) You are aware you're going to change a lot of levels [I'll have to check many levels and modify them appropriately] and tons of screenies. This is PATCH 1.03, it's not MAJOR like 1.10 and 2.00. Keep it small size, not 50mbs and above which is what 1.10 and 2.00 will become like.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• Thank you received: 18
21 Jun 2008 17:57 #4
I agree with the above. New shapes, especially for powerups, would make the game a whole lot better but would mean a lot more work than a small patch warrants. I'd definitely love to have new shapes in the future. You could start making them any time, I guess.

• Thank you received: 15
22 Jun 2008 00:51 #5
Looking forward to seeing these new shapes. I agree also that they should wait, however, until a more major update.

• Phil
  • Phil's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 1
23 Jun 2008 02:42 #6
Okay then. I'm fine with the wait. And I use 3DS, not Maya

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.935 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.