file The Inconvenient Truth About Multiplayer

• Ian
  • Ian's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 0
19 Mar 2007 21:30 #1
PLEASE READ:

My fellow MBP staff, I regret to imform you that Multiplayer, Even with the working master and everything, won't work. Spy47 has recentlly reported that the Movement files and Physics system that let's marble blast seem so real is on the Client side of MBP. I didn't believe him and checked, he is right. What does this mean? It means MBP will never send our movements over a network. This would mean playeing online like we do now. It is not to spectacular, is it? You won't be able to see or hit other marbles.

It can be fixed by Completlly redoing the game in Tourge, but this would mean a new physics system which took the programmers of MBG (Some of the worlds best) years to make. We are inexperienced and it would take us even longer. Also it would not be the same as ours is. So your levels might need to be redone and we would be set back to the drawing board for MBP.

Some easier solutions may pop up in the future, but I think it is safe to say that Multiplayer is off. I'm sorry, but it is for the better.

This is the same problem that stopped the makers of MBG from making it multiplayer. They also said in the Development Docs that thier test version with multiplayer being played on some of the fastest computers lagged terribly under the complex system. Not to mentain thier upload speed of 100s of Kps and ours of 30-50. It would never hold up.

I don't want to make it public just yet. And I don't want to have it as we have it now because it is better off without a full one then with one. Again I am sorry.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ian
  • Ian's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 0
19 Mar 2007 21:51 #2
Bummer.

• Thank you received: 15
19 Mar 2007 21:54 #3
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thank you received: 1
19 Mar 2007 22:02 #4
We would still release it almost-functional, right? It's better than nothing.

19 Mar 2007 22:57 #5
Matan says MBP with MP working fully or MBP with no MP or something like that

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
19 Mar 2007 23:25 #6
I FIXED IT A SENTENCE LATER WHEN I REALISED MY TYPO!

What that I TRULY meant to say (without that stupid typo):

MBP With MultiPlayer or MBP with whatever we have of the MultiPlayer because it's better than nothing.

MBG (Some of the worlds best) years to make. - errr, incorrect, big time.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

20 Mar 2007 01:00 #7
I think I can fix it.

20 Mar 2007 03:33 #8
This ain't good

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
20 Mar 2007 08:02 #9
Guys, RM likes to pop up with these kinds of messages, so fucking relax. MP AIN'T CANCELLED OR OVER, there're still several ways we can still try. RM, STFU and don't come up with these messages until we're 100000000% sure there're no other ways or walk-arounds.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• robotmarble
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
20 Mar 2007 21:16 #10
I siad it could be fixed.

21 Mar 2007 00:23 #11
Quote:My fellow MBP staff, I regret to imform you that Multiplayer, Even with the working master and everything, won't work.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.916 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.