file The Time Modifier Race V2 FINISHED!

• IsraeliRD
  • IsraeliRD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
14 Mar 2007 14:06 #1
From 200kbs + lag down to 81kbs, quick loading bar and no lag!

Ok, fine, there is a lag. But really, I could play it normally. The thing was TOTALLY smooth 97.5% of the time. The remainder (lag) was VERY low so that my gameplay was NOT affected by it (unlike in Ian's levels ).

I used 12 TTMR interiors (2 others were for TTMR but ended up as only a 'base' for another interior, so they're free for use now) and ends up one of my road interiors was the perfect size for another part of the level.

PCs can now run this level several times without crashing. I tried 4 times loading and they all loaded without MBP crashing again. I didn't try for a 5th time

There is no Easter Egg in this level either, sorry.

Par Time decreased to 1:30 mins
Platinum Time decreased to 1:15 mins
Ultimate Time decreased to 1:04.50 mins
My Best Time decreased to 58.06 secs

Reasons for time decrease:
- Majorly due to a significant low amount of Time Modifiers (less negatives available)
- Minorly due to lag

Despite popular opinion, the TMs around the goal make no difference in lag at the end, but the level runs rather smoothly. It's very playable.

How to download + Install
Go to /Matan/Levels/ in the FTP and download the TTMR ZIP.
Put .mis file wherever
Put interiors in interiors folder.
Note that mbp_TTMR4 and TTMR5 were NOT used in this level but are available for anyone to use. I also included one of the 6 road interiors.

For all MBP interiors and mission files (as of 10th March 2007) please download the Marble Blast Gold.zip file on the FTP under my folder. As big as it will be, it contains all mission files, interiors, textures, skies ETC. This ZIP also contains all 6 road interiors.

Note - some of the TTMR interiors in the Marble Blast Gold.zip file mentioned above are outdated and wrong. The true fixed versions are in the TTMR ZIP available on the FTP (/Matan/Levels/).

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
15 Mar 2007 04:50 #2
Comments, anyone?

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• Thank you received: 15
15 Mar 2007 05:18 #3
It's a great level! Challenging and fun. It's much better to play now that there's no lag.

Unfortunately, I still can't beat it. You should have kept the Par Time where it was.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
15 Mar 2007 06:06 #4
Hmmm, I might raise it back to 1:45.00, but it should be way eaiser since most (-) were deleted.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.864 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.