file TUFC conversion! RELEASED!

• Thank you received: 15
18 Mar 2007 02:27 #1
I know I said before that I wouldn't convert TUFC for MBP, but thanks to Matan, I have changed my mind! With Matan's help (he'll make interiors), TUFC will be converted into an icy, slippery level that will thrill you and challenge you even more than the original!

As before, there will be diamonds and Time Modifiers to collect. I may add or remove some of these, however. There will be no Par Time, and the Platinum time will remain the same.

Since ice is much more slippery than mud, this level will be much, MUCH harder! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

There will be many changes in the conversion, such as:
- Ice instead of mud
- Interiors made in QuArk (this is Matan's job)
- Removal and/or addition of diamonds and Time Modifiers (dunno if I will or not)
- Checkpoints added (IF they are ever done)
- Removal of most help triggers (all congratulatory messages except for first and ones at the end, and some of the ones at the start)
- Addition of Ultimate Time (dunno what it is yet)
- Change in challenge names (posted below)
- Use of nukes instead of mines in Challenge 5
- Changes in the sections between challenges 6 and 7, and also 14 and 15
- Revamping of challenge 2 to make it easier for people to pass it (*cough* Technostick *cough*)

(More changes may come)

Expect to see updates very soon!

Planning/Building/Testing/Released

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Apr 2007 22:36 #2
As you should know, Matan has finally made and released the interiors for TUFC! This means that now, after being on hold for a month, the conversion is back under way!

Currently, I am still working on an MBP level (Dizzying Heights). Once it is done, I will start converting this level!

Added some more changes that will be made to the list of changes.

Oh, and BTW, here's the list of challenges in the level:

Challenge #1: Basic Ice
Challenge #2: Ice Jumping
Challenge #3: Cyclones and Ice
Challenge #4: Icy Slope
Challenge #5: Nukes and Ice
Challenge #6: Icy Half-Pipe
Challenge #7: Gravity Ice
Challenge #8: Icy Catwalks
Challenge #9: Bumpers and Ice
Challenge #10: Icy Tightropes
Challenge #11: Ice Launcher
Challenge #12: Fans and Ice
Challenge #13: Slanted Ice
Challenge #14: Icy Wall-Hit
Challenge #15: Ice Slalom

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Thank you received: 21
25 Apr 2007 22:44 #3
This is just a thought Matan and I had, but wouldn't it be awesome if you converted your level Space Adventure to mbp?

That would be a good advanced or expert level. You up for it?

01 May 2007 03:05 #4
A couple of updates:

1.) Since Dizzying Heights is now completed and released, I will be starting the conversion of TUFC within the next 2-4 days. Status upgraded (at last) to Building.

2.) I have decided not to have an extra challenge in this level, so therefore the conversion will just have the original 15 challenges. The reason for this was that another challenge would make the level even longer than it already was and would increase the chance of losing and also the frustration level. Oh well. The other changes will still apply, however.

Stay tuned for more updates!

11 May 2007 04:36 #5
About time you guys got another update:

Challenges 1-6, 14, and 15 have been completed, along with the start and finish areas. IMO, it is looking awesome so far. I may post pictures within the next couple of days. Also, Matan is now helping me with the building, and he has so far done the finish area and challenge 14.

Hopefully, this level will be fully converted and ready to be released by early next week. Stay tuned!

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
11 May 2007 12:17 #6
More done till bumper challenge the shimmy bit had to be done much easier but still kinda hard and there're walls to stop marble else its SUPER HARD.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

14 May 2007 02:44 #7
Released, see other topic.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.883 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.