• Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 32
11 Jan 2007 23:50 #1
Guys I was reading on garage games about the game and I found this:

www.garagegames.com/pg/product/eula.php?id=15

read number 2!

Making MBP is illegal. I think.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• technostick
  • technostick's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 32
11 Jan 2007 23:58 #2
It indeed goes against that document. However, Matan says that permission was successfully sought from Alex Swanson.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
12 Jan 2007 00:03 #3
Quote:Matan,

I checked with Mark Frohnmayer (Pres. of GG and lead programmer for Marble Blast) he said it would be really cool to see a community lead expansion like that for Marble Blast, and to go ahead. It would have to be a free modification for now, though.

Regards,
-Alex

On 11/19/06, Matan Weissman <israelireddragon@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hey Alex,

Jase, Phil83 and I have lately started developing a new modification for Marble Blast Gold. This modification is named: Marble Blast Platinum.
We are asking for permission to start this modification, as it will, maybe, be a heavy modification and touch several points (see below).
In this modification, all original levels and interiors are removed. Instead, the following will be added:
- New background skies
- New interiors
- New levels: 10 beginner, 10 intermediate, 10 advanced and 6 expert (we will change the Custom tab to become Expert)
- New messages throughout the game: from failing to qualify, to start/end the level and even new powerup messages (we will still use the old powerups)
- New colors for the table. Gold Time is changed to Platinum Time (with the correct platinum color). Qualify Time is changed into Par Time.
- Heavy modification: Addition of new friction surfaces (if I can understand how the Custom Floors mod has been done), changing many messages, credits, help information (in the main menu) and other stuff, such as changing the time in the levels to count to THREE decimal places (i.e: 00:01.638), having new colors and a new UI.

There might be other stuff be we don't know what we doing at the moment.

Please do give us permission, we promise it will be a great modification, but it'll require quite a lot of work

Best regards,
Matan, Jase and Phil

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• Thank you received: 0
12 Jan 2007 00:07 #4
Phew. You had me scared for a second there. Also, even if they didn't aprove of it, wouldn't it be legal since it's free?

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
12 Jan 2007 00:11 #5
We will see what we will do about that part. I have some plans for the moment. I'll figure it out with Alex Swanson so leave me with that

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

12 Jan 2007 00:13 #6
So... you mean it won't be free? lol

12 Jan 2007 00:25 #7
Sorry everyone. I was scared too. Matan It should be free. And if it isn't Can We each have like five free give aways for our friends? Who gets the money? You live in Australia taxes are different there. We live in america. Most of us are under 16 or the working age of our state that means the small amount of money we made would be taxed at our parents rate which is like 40 percent or something. We would losse almost everything we made. And then we would have to make a Demo which if I understand corectlly is a pain is the as*. So what do we do?

Anyway If I do get a ton of $$$ put it in a few apple stocks.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
12 Jan 2007 01:38 #8
PayPal and we share the money (US money) b/w us and some will be sent to GG? Anyway via PayPal you get your money converted too. We'll see how we'll go. If we really want this a $5 upgrade then we really wanna make sure it worths it. Again, I'll talk to GarageGames.

Remember -> the more work we do, the more coding, texturing and levels we do (top quality stuff on everything) then the more we can convince GG we can help them on their release for a new Marble Blast game. Besides, we don't need to release the actual basic game files... only the ones changed and that's how the free upgrade comes along. So you need to have MB/MBG before you can get MBP...

• robotmarble
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 Jan 2007 01:42 #9
Smart

12 Jan 2007 02:08 #10
Lol, are you sierious? MBP might be a $$$ update? Cool, as long as we get it free.

• robotmarble
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 Jan 2007 23:08 #11
Ian if we make like 1,000 each who cares about $5?

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.980 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.