If you're announcing a release, please start your topic with [COMING SOON] or [RELEASE]

file New marble game gameplay test, supports LAN up to 4 players

• TuarGames
  • TuarGames's Avatar Topic Author
  • New Marbler
  • New Marbler
  • Thank you received: 2
11 Oct 2020 12:32 - 11 Oct 2020 12:33 #1
Trailer:

Free Demo: drive.google.com/file/d/11_ZKAdyGlq90A72OgDqj6cDO_S7xPwCt/view (win64)
Have fun! :lol: All feedback will be highly appreciated.
Last edit: 11 Oct 2020 12:33 by TuarGames.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vanilagy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 49
11 Oct 2020 14:49 #2
Yooo, dope, man. You made this?

I really liked the unique ideas in this and I think they definitely have potential. This gravity surface especially is really sick and trippy, but that's a good thing. Also, I really like the shiny and reflective aesthetic of the whole thing. The way the levels zoom into play from the menu is also cool.

Some things you could improve: While the shiny look was cool, often I felt like it hindered visibility, especially on the tornado level. the tornados are already almost invisible so it doesn't help if the surface below them is super shiny and bright too. The tornados themselves I didn't like that much, because they stopped all velocity and threw you into some random direction without any chance of intervention. Then, the jump height feels a little too low for the size of the marble, but maybe that's intentional. I struggled a lot on these disappearing hexagons, often I felt like I couldn't jump right after landing, but needed to roll on them first. You should turn down the volume on the mines a bit, they absolutely jumpscared me! Is there a pause screen, or a way to restart the level? Escape didn't do it for me, and I got stuck on tje planets on No Ball's Sky, so I had to quit the game. And last thing: I feel like the OOB triggers are too large, it became tiring having to wait for the OOB to trigger when I've clearly already dropped out of the level.

The powerups seem good, although I could totally see this airplane powerup thingy be overpowered. Also, maybe I missed it, but it felt like you could not move up and down with them by pressing space.

Overall, a cool game with a lot of cool ideas that just need some retouching until they feel right.

• TuarGames
  • New Marbler
  • New Marbler
11 Oct 2020 15:22 #3
Hello and thanks for the reply!Yes I made from scratch in UE4 and blender.

The tornado level was intentionally made to be so shiny, otherwise it's not difficult. The jump height is intentionally so low because you have the blast power. The pause scree is on Enter button or on start button if you are using a gamepad (xbox). Airplane is made just for forward movement, it makes it more realistic and harder.

I hope this was helpful. I will take notes from you suggestions. Thanks again for the nice feedback.

• Thank you received: 49
12 Oct 2020 11:24 #4
No problem!

What's the button for the blast? E? I would definitely put the pause button to Escape, Enter is really unintuitive. Regarding the tornado thing... idk, I feel like if you have to reduce visibility to make the level difficult, then there's something wrong with the level itself, or the tornados. Something not being visible is an annoying type of difficulty. I feel like the game should focus mostly on mechanical difficulty. But that's up to you!

~Vani

• TuarGames
  • New Marbler
  • New Marbler
13 Oct 2020 13:39 #5
Hello again, the blast button is right mouse button, its described in the tutorial, pause button advice was noted. For the tornadoes your right I'm going to remake them to be more like the ventilators.
I will notify you when the update comes, if you wish.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.717 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.