If you're announcing a release, please start your topic with [COMING SOON] or [RELEASE]

file [IN PROGRESS] Great Marble Adventure (GLC Unity Port)

• NaCl586
  • NaCl586's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • An Ordinary Marble Blaster
  • Thank you received: 70
02 Dec 2020 09:28 - 01 Feb 2021 09:30 #1
So, in case you don't know, I dropped out of my old college (where I took food technology) and moved to another college to take Game Application and Technology. One of my goals in my four years of study in my new major is to be able to port the Marble Blast GLC series (all games 1-4) into Unity which is the game engine used by my university (in case you also don't know, I also created the Marble Blast GLC series, a series of MBG mod). I am currently still in my third month of the first semester in my new college, so I have still a lot to learn about programming (yes especially about linear algebra).

I am calling this project "Great Marble Adventure". Well yeah, it is an adventure despite having no story because you are traversing through levels with varying sceneries, such as grassland/forest, desert, castle, Japanese garden, oriental pagoda, as well as heaven and hell. (Yeah, hell.. which means this game is supposed to be rated ESRB 13+). This project might really be my manifestation of Marble Blast Adventure, the marble blast mod that I miserably tried to make back in 2011.

The devlogs of this project can be seen here:
www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbqt_M_x3...JJPpd4sxKcYLZa-lOEAs

One thing that I realized is that I may not be able to perfectly remake marble blast physics and some marble blast features in Unity (due the differences between Unity and TGE), especially wall hits and half pipe jump tricks (which sadly is the main mechanics of Learning Curve from GLC1). Despite that, I think I see a good future in this project.

Nevertheless, I am learning a lot about unity and scripting in C# from this project. In addition, I also get some other help from the game development club from my college for this project, as well as Jeff, Vani, and Whirligig. Oh boy it's still a long long way to go.

I'm just an ordinary marble blaster who like to create new and unusual things.

Creator of the Marble Blast GLC series
Check out and download my custom levels here .
Check out my original musics in this thread and in my soundcloud here .
Last edit: 01 Feb 2021 09:30 by NaCl586.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greenjoepie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• NaCl586
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
17 Dec 2020 16:46 - 17 Dec 2020 16:46 #2
Let me just give a quick preview for the remasters of every GLC games:

Last edit: 17 Dec 2020 16:46 by NaCl586.

• NaCl586
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
01 Feb 2021 09:32 - 06 Feb 2021 04:22 #3
Great Marble Adventure Demo 1.3
drive.google.com/file/d/1INDK5cUkDyTDrg5j1gCIfuBBhfSwxEO7/view

This is the updated version of the GMA Demo 1.2, which contains these changes:
- Blurring completely removed (changed with the post processing effects)
- Post processing option is now available for post processing and anti aliasing effects (it is set to be enabled by default)
- Marble approximately moves at the same speed on the ground and in the air
- Some other minor level-design related fixes

Yes, this is the demo of my unity project containing 10 normal levels from Chapter 1. Feel free to try out, give any comments and feedbacks from any aspects related to the game, as well as to report any bugs or problems with the game. Keep in mind the game logo is just a placeholder.

Currently the demo is windows only, and the system requirements for this game to run is the same as with whirligig's filtration.

Last edit: 06 Feb 2021 04:22 by NaCl586.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.854 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.