If you're announcing a release, please start your topic with [COMING SOON] or [RELEASE]

file Marble Arena 2

• Sporlo
  • Sporlo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Thank you received: 2
12 Jan 2012 07:22 #1
itunes.apple.com/us/app/marble-arena-2/id490388545?mt=12

Just imagine the influx of MBG users we would have if it was put on the Mac App Store.

Has anyone tried this game yet to see how similar it is to MB? I think I might download it because it's free.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 96
12 Jan 2012 16:05 #2
Its actually quite a fun game and I'm kinda hooked now
I'd recommend giving it a try, its only an 90MB file...

The physics take a bit of getting used to but otherwise there is a good selection of powerups, AI marbles and multiplayer which I haven't tried yet.

• MadMarioSkills
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 0
13 Jan 2012 03:11 #3
I gave the first one a try, and I liked it. Nowhere near as good as MB though. Will play the new one soon.

• MadMarioSkills
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
13 Jan 2012 08:21 #4
Marble physics seem kind of off compared to Marble Arena 1. Doesn't matter, all I ever do is mess around with AI marbles.

Heh.

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
  • Thank you received: 188
13 Jan 2012 14:28 #5
The engine has been updated and graphics now look absolutely better but as for rolling this game still misses something. Physics are worser than first MA. The sound has annoying thing that marble makes rolling sound while you're in air. Jumping and rolling isn't improved because it still reminds me marble madness. Jumping is also annoying because you need to wait till marble stops bouncing.
Overall game is good it has different gameplay and graphics are awesome but it still kinda misses something.

As for similarity its totally different from MB in gameplay. (As i mentioned above physics and rolling).

Some guy that does DTS shapes and levels.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
makes life easier for you and everyone else :)

• Thank you received: 96
19 Jan 2012 08:02 #6
Sorry for the bump but I've played the game a lot more now and must say it gets better the more you play it. The multiplayer is somewhat MBO like in that you collect gems/stars and can play side games such as king of the hill. You can also simulate MB style physics when you upgrade your marble. It has similar powerups as well as lots of new ones. But most importantly... I'm ranked #1 on the leaderboards at the time of this post

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
19 Jan 2012 19:13 #7
Now its very easy to get in first place. Later will happen the same as with first MM where some people get almost milion points

But its true about upgrades. Only thing i actualy upgraded was grip beacuse many of textures are slippery .

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom

• Sporlo
  • Sporlo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Thank you received: 2
21 Jan 2012 05:37 #8
I finally downloaded it and tried it out, and I just gotta say, if you compare this game to MBG, I would give this game 1 star.

I hate this game. The only thing they spent any time on was the graphics, and even those aren't spectacular (they're specular alright though ).

After spending about 20 minutes on the game, it says I'm #18 all time on the leaderboards, and I have 1 level with #2 best time, right after Kurt. WHERE ARE ALL THE PLAYERS???? If this was seriously the top downloaded free game in the Mac App Store, there should be FAR more activity on the site.

Unless of course the reason why there are so few people on the website is because their website is HORRIBLE. I can't even navigate it effectively!

By the way, the physics used in Marble Arena could NOT GET ANY WORSE. Hardly ANYTHING is realistic.

Marble Arena 2: worst game of 2012. To be honest, I wish they made it $1 so that less people would have to experience this horrible game.

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
21 Jan 2012 12:18 #9
Have to agree almost 100% to sporlo. While its not actually worst game it still has terrible rolling. There are lot of things you can add to level using level editor but gameplay kinda rubbishes it and makes it usales.

23 Jan 2012 00:43 #10
This game is horrible to Marble Blast when comparing the physics, but the textures and some other things like the water are simply amazing

05 Apr 2012 10:14 #11
:bump:

wow really -_-, this game is crummier than MBG because I've tried it before on pc and it sucks compared to MBG. The only upside is the graphics

• ChaosUnown
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • MB Graphic/Interior Designer
  • Thank you received: 5
09 May 2012 00:44 #12
I checked out this game a while back. While the graphics are stunning, the physics with the marble are pretty awkward. The way it jumps, along with how slow but slippery it is, makes it look like it has some kind of poor moon physics to it. Although the game does pose some great ideas, namely the traction power ups, enemy AI marbles, and how you don't really need to fully touch the stars to collect them.

09 May 2012 02:02 #13
To think that MB was made in 2003 and is a better game than something released in 2011/2012

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
09 May 2012 02:08 #14
2002. Gold came May 03.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

09 May 2012 02:25 #15
^^^ proves my point even more.

• Thank you received: 14
09 May 2012 21:49 #16
May 8, 2012, 5:44pm, chaosunown wrote:I checked out this game a while back. While the graphics are stunning, the physics with the marble are pretty awkward. The way it jumps, along with how slow but slippery it is, makes it look like it has some kind of poor moon physics to it. 100% agree with this. It's like an (almost) all-mud surface, <25?% speed, and a broken jump button on MBG. That's why I simply can't stand playing this game (in single-marble play). I stopped after the level after the tutorial one where you play with the enemy marbles.

May 8, 2012, 5:44pm, chaosunown wrote:Although the game does pose some great ideas, namely the traction power ups, enemy AI marbles, I really like some of the Powerups and other features, they're cooler than MBG's (although maybe less functional). Also I found the enemy AI mode quite fun, it reminded me of MBO and that's the only part of Marble Arena 2 that I'll play (I have the game). I also like how the marble gets steadily larger the more enemy marbles you throw into the lava.

May 8, 2012, 5:44pm, chaosunown wrote:and how you don't really need to fully touch the stars to collect them.Technically that also exists in MBG, but it's nowhere near comparable to MA2's.

If there were a type of combination that adds MA2's Powerups, water, lava, AI marbles, and a few more stuff to MBG, I'd likely find that quite cool.

A time can be beaten, but a path can't be rediscovered. The best path stays forever.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.951 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.