× If you're announcing a release, please start your topic with [COMING SOON] or [RELEASE]

file MultiVerse Marble

  • MultiVerseMarble
  • MultiVerseMarble's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Marbler
  • New Marbler
More
10 Feb 2018 10:03 - 10 Feb 2018 15:41 #1 by MultiVerseMarble
MultiVerse Marble was created by MultiVerseMarble
Hey guys, I've been Working on this game for the past 1 and a half year, It's heavily inspired by Marble blast, marble madness and bounce 2d, this is not yet finished and still need to work on it but here is video of my level 1 prototype.
This game will have different universe every level , Like if first level is sci-fi based, Second level environment might be completely different. Hence i named it MultiVerse marble.



Power ups of this game :
-Anti-gravity : This powerup let's you roll on any platform for 10 seconds.
-Gravity Modifier - You guys are familiar with this power up already
-Grapple Hook - this will allow you to shoot grapple hooks for few seconds on given points
-Spring - This is kinda like super Jump
-Time pause - This one let's you stop the current time
-MegaMarble - Changes the size of marble , It auto resize back to normal ball after some time
-Mini Marble (Not actually a power up but a buzzer ) - this one resize the ball size but doesn't resize back to normal ball but infact you need to use normal ball buzzer to do that.


Ability Cards (These cards are similar to power ups but they don't re-spawn)

-Time Travel - this one let's you travel back in time.
right Now i have only 1 ability card, Might think of adding more in future

Materials -
Gravity material - This material changes gravity based on it's normals.
Ice - Ice Material makes the ball slippery
Space - This material doesn't allow the ball to jump

will try to add more

Other Objects :
-Bumbers
-Fans
-trampoline
-mines
-nukes




Things that are not yet finished

- Portal Gun power Up - it will allow you 2 shoot portals on walls to solve puzzels
-Tornado
- Ui
-Endless Mode
-MultiPlayer ( This one is not yet planned but i might roll this update out once i get decent player base)


My only goal right now is to finish this game asap and get it on steam store, Hope you guys like this and any feedback is highly appreciated :)


also some old videos i recorded during it's early stage

Warning: Spoiler!


also please excuse my English
Last edit: 10 Feb 2018 15:41 by MultiVerseMarble.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • hPerks
  • hPerks's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • getting the joj done
More
10 Feb 2018 15:45 #2 by hPerks
Replied by hPerks on topic MultiVerse Marble
Definitely looks interesting, you've put a lot of work into this and it shows. A few pieces of advice from seeing many other MB-inspired games in the past:

- Make sure you iron out the physics hardcore to make it as responsive and fun as it can be. MB succeeded in this where 90% of marble games fail.
- Don't fall into the trap of substituting variety in gameplay with variety in scenery and aesthetic. The idea of multiple "universes" is great, but keep in mind MBG succeeded with only one very minimalist and consistent cartoonish style (and PQ likewise with only three styles), because each level was interesting on its own to play, and not just to watch. By contrast I've seen a lot of marble games that feature almost exclusively linear, flat, almost 2.5D racing style levels that don't explore the game's full potential the way MBG does.
- As an addon to the above, don't think that you need to keep adding new features to introduce variety. Often the best features are ones that have meat and can be expanded on in creative ways, and not just used as one-offs. MBG has a very small selection of these features, but they're used to their fullest extent and it really makes the player feel that there's an exciting progression to the game.

Feel free to keep us in the loop on your progress!
The following user(s) said Thank You: MultiVerseMarble

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • MultiVerseMarble
  • MultiVerseMarble's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Marbler
  • New Marbler
More
10 Feb 2018 15:59 - 10 Feb 2018 16:00 #3 by MultiVerseMarble
Replied by MultiVerseMarble on topic MultiVerse Marble
First of all Thank you so much for the feedbacks

hPerks wrote:
- Make sure you iron out the physics hardcore to make it as responsive and fun as it can be. MB succeeded in this where 90% of marble games fail.

I've been working on physics for a long time and i think right now it's kinda similar to marble blast, i will soon post a demo scene for this forum, So you guys can gives some feedbacks on the physics part

hPerks wrote:
- Don't fall into the trap of substituting variety in gameplay with variety in scenery and aesthetic. The idea of multiple "universes" is great, but keep in mind MBG succeeded with only one very minimalist and consistent cartoonish style (and PQ likewise with only three styles), because each level was interesting on its own to play, and not just to watch. By contrast I've seen a lot of marble games that feature almost exclusively linear, flat, almost 2.5D racing style levels that don't explore the game's full potential the way MBG does.

By multi universe i meant different things to offer, Like some levels might take place in 2d universe and some might take place in voxel universe, This idea matches the story line and my game tittle but still i will look into your suggestions

hPerks wrote:
- As an addon to the above, don't think that you need to keep adding new features to introduce variety. Often the best features are ones that have meat and can be expanded on in creative ways, and not just used as one-offs. MBG has a very small selection of these features, but they're used to their fullest extent and it really makes the player feel that there's an exciting progression to the game.


I always wanted more power ups in marble blast games, So i tried them in my game, I will try to make levels and fully utilities these power ups


Once again thanks for all your feedback it really helps me a lot. Sorry about my English
Last edit: 10 Feb 2018 16:00 by MultiVerseMarble.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.