lock Marble Blast Super [INCOMPLETE RELEASE]

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
  • Thank you received: 208
01 Jul 2015 16:27 #271
Frosty, you're missing the point. Behavior-wise means in terms of friendliness and niceness of posts. Even if they contain constructive criticism, they're not necessarily nice. And, the only reason that person made a video of the sidescrolling level is because some boofhead moved the level to tutorial, when it should've been in custom. Custom levels are meant for testing physics only, that level was never meant to be released. And, I think you do not realize that this is not the time or place to talk about stealing from PQ. It stole, true, but it removed it right away. The past is behind us.

"it's the internet eguy. where children are men. men are monkeys, and women are PQ."
-Jeff 2014
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 123
01 Jul 2015 17:13 - 01 Jul 2015 17:25 #272
I still sense some nit-picking of details, but just let me clarify.

I did not attempt to directly shame you. Had that been so, it would've sounded more like "you are entirely wrong and it's unbelievable that you're still defending this worthless mod".
And I didn't say that.

I did try and counter your arguments, trying to point out the possible flaws in your reasoning, hoping to make it clear to you of the staffs' and community's reasoning. Have we made some important points? I understand that we have. Has our posts been mixed with strong emotion? Most certainly. Our community loves mods which sport new and creative ideas. We care about whether the mod is a huge success or a dismal failure.

When I say things like "this mod has no credibility," I am being blunt and to-the-point. It may not have been the most ideal choice of words to make, but the words are powerful. They get the point across. Exaggeration? Maybe. Completely untrue? Not at all.

We do not have total control over the behavior of others. The forums do not allow us to moderate to the best of our potential. Had we been permitted more finely-tuned control over the forums, systems would be in place that allow us to individually set limits on the ability of each user. This user has repeatedly been told NOT to post, but does not abide by our word, bumping and cluttering topics and confusing other users. We want to ensure that our members and guests can get the support they need without feeling like the Support board is no place to go.

You should also be aware that this user is very likely under the age of 10. ProBoards prohibited members from signing up until they were thirteen. Legislation such as COPPA assures this, for their protection. The Marble Blast Forums has only permitted this to ensure that our users can interact in our games without restricting the freedom of our users.

I am not angry. I have justified why we frown upon his posts. It was not for "no reason". Rules are rules, and we will enforce them as need be. You can choose to defend his post, but your defense does not change those rules. Ignoring the rules and staff warrants action. And we take action. Do not see it as an attack. It is not.

Disagreeing with someone is fine. People are permitted to post in this topic. However, if you choose to reply without aptly considering about what your message communicates, be aware that the community response may not be entirely friendly. Keep that in mind. People can and will state their opinions, and you may not like it.

I am trying to communicate as much as everyone else. It does not need to go to private messages. This is a public issue that everyone should be aware of.
~ Pro Marbler

EDIT: It seems I am a terribly slow writer and can't write fast enough to save my life. Oh well...

Also, people do not HAVE to be nice in their posts. People will give harsh criticism. That is a fact. However, if you ignore some of what others have to say, no matter how it is said, the community response will only hurt you. And by cause and effect, it will also hurt Marble Blast Super.
Last edit: 01 Jul 2015 17:25 by ProMarbler. Reason: amending post, language structure.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frostfire
  • IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
01 Jul 2015 17:38 #273
Locking until my headache is gone and I can think out a proper post (and delete this one) or not even make a post and just unlock or do something with this thread.
Saying it is getting out of hand is an understatement.

If anyone wants to talk to me on Skype meanwhile, you can.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff, J@ckRB, ProMarbler, Three, StewMan46
  • IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
03 Jul 2015 20:24 #274
Alright, unlocking the topic after the weekend so this post can be read and understood by all parties.

First off we have an issue regarding the mod's perception and how the staff attempt to defend. I know Pro Marbler was told by us to cool himself down and he did so 2-3 pages ago. This time around I can see he's angry but he has done, in my opinion, a very good job to restrain himself. Regardless one of his points wasn't helpful and he was told off by us about that.

I'd like this thread to continue in an appropriate manner and resume regarding mod development and criticism, rather than about other members. Likewise I want all parties to learn from their outbursts and learn how to handle themselves. If anyone wants to discuss shortcuts we can do so in a separate thread. Discussion regarding other members of this community can be discussed with me personally (Skype is preferred).

If anyone DID expect me to write more, and I know most of you did, I am sorry to disappoint. Yes there is more to these issues, and yes I do want to reply to the previous posts, but this isn't the time and place to do so and it would not have helped the issue at hand.

Thanks,
Matan

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HiGuy, Jeff, ProMarbler, StewMan46, Lichable, Frostfire, Neon_Lightning
Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.942 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.