file [WEEKLY] Week 40: Balls to That!

• whirligig
  • whirligig's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 261
07 Mar 2016 01:34 #1
So, now that we're back in business and have things cooking again, it's time for some more progress on the balls level! (Side note: that level really needs a new name for production.)

This week's primary goal is Balls "Pushing Off" Section: creating a section of the level that involves pushing balls off of switches. What, what were you thinking?

This week's secondary goal is More Balls: making more sections of the balls level.

As you can see, I'm taking a different approach to the level building process this time. Rather than trying to make all of the design in one week, then all of the actual code, then all of the art assets, I'm instead building completed parts of the level, one part at a time. I feel like this approach will work better in the future than my previous approach because it doesn't rely on having completely disparate aspects of the level completed within a whole number of weeks--I can spend as much time on each section of the level as is necessary. Also, it forces me to plan out the level before I begin to build parts, which is helpful.

Feature Friday will continue to be on Saturday until further notice, as I'll have a consistent conflict on Friday nights (and, eventually, there will be a couple of weeks where Saturday too won't work, and I'll have to push it back to Sunday). Yesterday's stream is currently being processed on YouTube and should be up by the end of the night, even though it might be a couple of hours into Monday before then.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• whirligig
  • whirligig's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 261
11 Mar 2016 00:49 #2
The stream will be Saturday at 6 PM EST.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.872 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.