file [NEWS] Switching a couple of things

• whirligig
  • whirligig's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 261
01 Apr 2016 16:29 #1
Hey everyone!

So I've noticed that Quaternion isn't going as well as I'd like lately. For one thing, it's hard to do some things in TGE, such as physics and model loading. As such, I've decided that I'll be moving engines. As of today, Quaternion will be moving to the Unity engine!

Will this set back development? It will, a bit. I'll need to rewrite all of the code thus far. But I'm optimistic that it will only delay release by a couple of months, and I look forward to exploring some of the new possibilities available in the Unity engine!

My second announcement has to do with the team. So far, Quaternion has been, by and large, my project. I've had a couple of people help me slightly, but that's all. However, this is a big project for one person to handle, and I'm not sure if I want to be the one in charge of it. So please welcome Jeff as the new leader of Quaternion. I'll still be doing a lot of code and level design, so stay tuned.

I look forward to moving forward under Jeff's supervision. With the new leader and new engine, I'm confident that Quaternion can be all I want it to be. I'll let Jeff reply to this with his goals for the project going forward, so he can elaborate as to how the project will be planned under his control. I'm looking forward to it!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
01 Apr 2016 16:35 #2
We will Make Quaternion Great Again!

We are going to build a yoooooooooooge marble wall to keep those illegal marbles out. Then, we will sue UT for not letting Unity support PowerPC macs (for all of you powerpc users out there this is for you). Then, we will make Marble Blast Great Again by suing Matan for being of dragonkin.

I look foward to developing Quaternion in IronPython (We will write an interface from Unity's c# to IronPython first, followed by a whole PhysX wrapper since you know....using the built in PhysX which is the same version just isn't wasting enough time.

Remember, MAKE QUATERNION GREAT AGAIN. Whirligig you will now be my slave.

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Derpky

• Thank you received: 57
01 Apr 2016 16:58 #3
I am absolutely appalled at your choice of not using the absolute masterpiece that is the Lumberyard engine.

S T U M P T H E T R U M P
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff

• whirligig
  • whirligig's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 261
01 Apr 2016 17:27 #4

• Thank you received: 405
01 Apr 2016 18:54 #5
Oh look, Trace is alive.

• Thank you received: 57
01 Apr 2016 19:16 #6

NatureFreak wrote: Oh look, Trace is alive.

I'm always around on Skype. Jeff sent me a link to the topic :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.938 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.