file [NEWS] Not Quite the Worst Possible News to Receive on Week 50

• whirligig
  • whirligig's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 261
17 May 2016 05:14 #1
So, um, I'm taking the week off from working on Quaternion.

Why? For one, school is winding down, and I want to make sure I can finish the year strong.

Secondly, if you haven't noticed, I've really lost most of my motivation to work on Quaternion at this point. With all of the other things I've been exploring (and that's a lot of things), it's turned out that my set of interests hasn't been as set in stone as I would have liked. I'm taking a week to contemplate what to do about this so that it doesn't just shrivel slowly into a ball of crappy mod.

Does this mean Quaternion might die? Technically yes; I'm leaving that as an option. I know it would suck to quit the mod a year after starting, but if I don't pick up the pace, I'll probably pay off my student loans before Quaternion releases. (And by then, I don't know if there will even be a Marble Blast community, though I'm optimistic.) So either I have to call it quits at this point or come up with a new strategy.

Rest assured that I have a plan in mind, and it doesn't involve killing off the mod. It does have its drawbacks, though, which is why I'm holding off on making it final for a week. You'll hear more on Sunday, I hope.

Meanwhile, I'll try to get the last couple of streams up on YouTube, so I at least have something to my name this week (and, more importantly, so I don't have a backlog of videos).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Xedron
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Level Speedrunner
  • Thank you received: 294
17 May 2016 05:24 #2
Do what is best for you. Even though I was excited for Quaternions release if you feel stressed with school and aren't interested in the mod anymore it's alright to call it done. I'm not going to force you to continue working on this like some other people have. If anything, good luck for the future and what it holds ;).

"cna you salt spalt the slevel salt of 6 year salt who ca salt the lsat" - nobody, 2017

• whirligig
  • whirligig's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 261
22 May 2016 18:06 - 22 May 2016 19:05 #3
Hey, everyone. I will be hosting a stream at 10 PM this evening in order to explain what decision I've come to. I'll also be playing Crypt of the NecroDancer if you want to watch!

EDIT: Postponed an hour.
Last edit: 22 May 2016 19:05 by whirligig.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.863 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.