file A New Direction

• whirligig
  • whirligig's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 261
01 Apr 2017 16:03 #1
Everyone,

I've had a bit of a revelation. Quaternion seems to have gone down in popularity lately. People aren't talking about it as much as they used to. And why is that? Does it have to do with the fact that I haven't released anything since the demo and that the hype has died out over a year?

No, of course not! Obviously it's because the community wants something else. Because my plan for Quaternion has been to make it artistic, refined, aesthetically pleasing. But the members of this community are perhaps too young to appreciate something as transformative as that. What do they want? More Marble Blast! More of the same! More rolling a ball around to collect gems and get to the goal! And this isn't something my current plan for Quaternion can offer.

So I'm changing it. I'm scrapping most of what I have, again, and starting over. The paradigm will be much closer to Marble Blast's. I've also changed the graphical style from sleek and mature to cartoonish and immature. ... Like most of the members of this community.

Take a look at these new leaked screenshots, and let me know what you think of the new Quaternion!

puu.sh/v5IYp/876f3dabf7.png

puu.sh/v5J10/b53cb00f05.jpg

puu.sh/v5JaB/4213f3dfc4.jpg

puu.sh/v5JcW/934962ac46.png
The following user(s) said Thank You: HiGuy, J@ckRB, MBCollector672, Nockess, Xedron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 57
01 Apr 2017 16:49 #2
Looks amazing, but I think the UI is a bit too clean. Can you have each number have its own color and maybe randomly offset the timer every time it updates?

Also it looks a bit too easy, even a child could play it. Could you drastically increase the number of one-trim tightropes?

• whirligig
  • whirligig's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 261
01 Apr 2017 16:59 #3

Trace wrote: Also it looks a bit too easy, even a child could play it. Could you drastically increase the number of one-trim tightropes?

That's the point, actually, to make it more accessible to children. But I'll take your advice and throw some more tightropes in.

• Thank you received: 57
01 Apr 2017 17:25 #4

whirligig wrote:

Trace wrote: Also it looks a bit too easy, even a child could play it. Could you drastically increase the number of one-trim tightropes?

That's the point, actually, to make it more accessible to children. But I'll take your advice and throw some more tightropes in.

Good, good. Children these days only like new shiny games though, could you port it to Unreal Engine 4 and put it on an iPad as well? Thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.792 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.