lock The Festival of Champions

• IsraeliRD
  • IsraeliRD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 913
22 Nov 2018 18:30 #1
The end of the year is once again near us,...

The end of the year is once again near us, and with it the Winterfest event.
To celebrate the year's end, I am pleased to announce that I will be hosting the second Festival of Champions event.

To make it truly the Festival of Champions, there is an open invitation*, as a guaranteed join, to the top 16 players of the 2018 Summer Hunt Tournament**.

To sign-up for this event please post here. Entries for this event close 19th December 2018***.
Further details will be posted within the thread of this news post, so be sure to check it out.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
The topic has been locked.
  • IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
22 Nov 2018 18:30 #2
Tournament Details

Date and time
Friday, December 21st 2018 at 17:00 UTC.

To compare UTC to your local timezone, you may use one of the following internet services: greenwichmeantime , timeanddate , timezoneconverter .

This tournament will be run on PlatinumQuest's Online section, so please confirm that you have signed up there and activated your account on MarbleBlast.com. When you join the event please state your Online username as well as the name you will be using in game.

It is your own responsibility to make sure you show up at the correct time (15 minutes before the tournament is due to start) and date. The entire tournament will be finished within an estimated 5-7 hours, so please make sure to clear your schedule in advance.

Prizes
Prizes will be awarded as follows:
- First place: 70 USD
- Second place: 40 USD
- Semi-Finalists: 20 USD each

The prizes are sponsored by IsraeliRD.
You can select on receiving the prize as a gift card either on Steam or Amazon.com

Rules and Formalities

Event Format
The tournament will be played as a single elimination tournament in best of three up to the semi finals, which will be played as best of five rounds. The finals will be played as best of seven rounds.
The person who chooses the first match is chosen by a randomizer (e.g. a coin flip), and then the next map will be chosen by alternating between both players. Should a tie breaker occur (scores of 1-1, 2-2 or 3-3), the final match will be picked by the randomizer. All picks by the players and the randomizer will conform to the map pool rule below.
Please do not have Snowball enabled for your matches. Go outside and throw some snowballs instead.

Titles and Achievements
A number of unique titles and achievements, as well as a special flair are available to be won in addition to the above prizes.

Servers and Referees
Each game must be played on Tsuf or Thistle, and both players must be present in the chosen server. A referee may be present in the same game if so desired. Additional observers are strongly discouraged as to avoid excessive lag connection, but should both players agree that additional observers can watch, they may open additional slots.

Map pool
All Winterfest maps can be played.

Seeding
Seeding will be fixed by the tournament organizer prior to the start of the event. Players are entered into challonge which will then seed them randomly into their spots.

Result Reporting
Games should be reported as they happen either by one of the players or the referee if applicable. Once your match is finished you must wait until your next round in the leaderboard's lobby. Going idle is not recommended.

Conduct at the Event
Any conduct which tends to disrupt the event, including a failure to follow its instructions or discourteous or disruptive conduct generally may result in disqualification from the tournament. Players or individuals that disrupt or attempt to disrupt the event will be kicked or banned.

Disconnection issues
Should a player be disconnected mid-match, the following data is required: level played, time remaining, scores and who was closest to the next spawn (if applicable). If there is a clear winner, that person will be given the game point. If not, the match will be replayed. Intentional disconnecting will result in exclusion from the tournament and possibly future tournaments. Cheating will result in an immediate ban from the tournament and all MarbleBlast.com services.

Being Late
Players should check-in on the leaderboards at least 15 minutes before the event is due to start. Players that fail to check-in or that do not show up to their match might be disqualified. At this point the opponent will advance. Players are expected to continue playing until eliminated or until the end of the tournament is reached.

Because there are only two servers, the players who are in the first and second brackets go first. If they are unable to start, the next bracket gets selected to start, and so on. Because of this, it is essential for players to check in and remain in the lobby ahead of their matches.
If players do not show up by the time all brackets were played in order, they will be disqualified from the tournament.

If you have classes/work please make sure ahead of time you are able to play your matches, because we do not want you to hold up the tournament (e.g. all other matches have been played and we're ready to proceed to the next round).
Likewise if you have to take a break for food/bathroom, make it 15 minutes at the most per break and as far away from your next match as possible.

*Openly Invited Players
Those who reached the top 16 of the 2018 Summer Hunt Tournament are given an open invitation to join the tournament as a guaranteed entry. These players are: Creep, Jackrb, Eguy, Kalle, HiGuy, Rosie, MBCollector, Dave, MBOUltimate, M@s, Lee, CylinderKnot, ItzJean, Alex, LaSharkus and jacob69431.

**Should any of those players does not to join, then the Semi Finalists of the Monster Mash 2018 tournament are given an invitation to join. These are Marson and Robert.
If not enough players have joined, then consider the rest of the spots as an open invitation to the remainder of the community with first come, first served mindset.
As there is a maximum of 16 players, no further players will be allowed to join once all spots have been filled.

Registration
If you accept the rules and wish to participate in this tournament, please post here. When you join the event please state your Online username as well as the name you will be using in game.
Registration for the event close 19th December 2018. ***Entries after that time may be accepted at the discretion of the tournament organizer.

Please do not sign up if you are not 100% sure that you will be attending the tournament.
If something comes up and you are unable to attend the tournament, please post in the tournament discussion topic at once.

Streaming
The event will be streamed live by IsraeliRD, at twitch.tv/IsraeliRD

Good luck to all players!

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
  • Jean
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • The only Maltese MB Player
  • Thank you received: 20
22 Nov 2018 18:42 #3
Sign me up NOW PLEASE

If you don't like camping, go for all spawns, then boom no camping :D

be cool and watch my glorious videos and you get pat
www.youtube.com/channel/UCdizPA26rBvNfxQrpaJZqyw
  • Jacob
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Good, but not too good
  • Thank you received: 1
22 Nov 2018 18:45 #4
Sure why not join and get annihilated
  • Voltage
  • Novice Marbler
  • Novice Marbler
  • slovakian marbler
  • Thank you received: 6
22 Nov 2018 19:25 #5
Yes, yes, and yes, I'm joining it for a good old battle in hell, it's time to de-rust and get serious.

Roll in the crackball.
  • CylinderKnot
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Personal Text
  • Thank you received: 76
22 Nov 2018 19:30 #6
I believe I can participate. Count me in!

Signature
  • Kalle29
  • I blame ping for losing
  • Thank you received: 754
22 Nov 2018 19:55 #7
At the moment it looks like I have time to participate, so I'm in. If anything comes up I'll write here again to inform you.

༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽ You have been visited by the Nivea™ Donger of moisture. Soft skin and good fortune will come to you, but only if you post "thank you Mr. Skeltal" in this thread ༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽
  • MBOUltimate
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Personal text
  • Thank you received: 62
22 Nov 2018 21:11 #8
I'll accept the invitation.
See you all there.
  • Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • There's a patch of sunlight in my room.
  • Thank you received: 788
23 Nov 2018 09:43 #9
ye

Call me Chris!

Discord: nockess
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/53
  • Thank you received: 156
27 Nov 2018 02:02 #10
Sure
  • Thank you received: 24
04 Dec 2018 18:06 #11
I'm in, and this time it's for sure... So sign me up, please. :P
  • Thank you received: 146
05 Dec 2018 15:03 #12
If there'll be any free spots, I could jump in ;)

:>
  • CylinderKnot
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Personal Text
  • Thank you received: 76
06 Dec 2018 03:52 #13
Unfortunately, I will not be able to participate because of events that have been scheduled for that day.

Signature
  • Regislian
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 255
11 Dec 2018 18:43 #14
I'll join.
  • Thank you received: 5
11 Dec 2018 18:45 #15
sign me up
  • HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 605
14 Dec 2018 07:37 #16
I'll be joining as well :)

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
  • eNetro
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Skilled PlatinumQuest Player
  • Thank you received: 49
15 Dec 2018 04:13 #17
It’s worth a shot so I’m in!

Awesome Hint:

Since the Awesome Time/Score is secret, you will have to beat it in order to find out what it is. Just practice every day, and be ready to keep pressing the 'Restart' button...A LOT!
  • IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
20 Dec 2018 04:29 #18
We have 11 participants so far and the tournament is now open for everyone else to join! First come, first serve, so sign up quickly :)

• Doomblah
  • Marble Blast Veteran
  • Thank you received: 83
20 Dec 2018 22:15 #19
eh, screw it. I'll join
  • Connie
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • i code for balls
  • Thank you received: 65
21 Dec 2018 16:04 - 21 Dec 2018 16:06 #20
You know what? I will join in!

For the best Marble Blast levels, head over to:
- marbleland.vaniverse.io/pack/18

connieofro.neocities.org/

[img

Last edit: 21 Dec 2018 16:06 by Connie. Reason: better to use you than ya
  • Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • There's a patch of sunlight in my room.
  • Thank you received: 788
21 Dec 2018 22:19 #21
Thanks for hosting, Matan. Had lots of fun despite the rather familiar final. Congrats to MBO (again) and well done to the rest.

Call me Chris!

Discord: nockess
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/53
  • Thank you received: 369
05 Jan 2019 13:22 #22
Hey folks,

Achievements have been distributed, apologies for the delay. Hope you all had a great time - We look forward to hosting more events in the near future!

~Aayrl
Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.181 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.