• IsraeliRD
  • IsraeliRD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
19 Jan 2014 09:05 #1

With the bots, at least.
We found out we got 15k registrations (15,001!!) with bots, and that might have been why the site been acting so slowly. Besides the registrations disabled for a while, if you registered on our site from the 11th of January and your account is unactivated... your account is now deleted. We also deleted a large number (~250) users that were registered and activated (more bots), but we have a sneaking suspicion a few legit accounts were deleted as well. In our defense they looked really suspicious.

If you wish to register with us, please e-mail us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Hopefully performance slightly improves. By 400%*.
- the MarbleBlast.com staff

*Actual improvement may be 200-1000%.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 123
19 Jan 2014 16:06 - 19 Jan 2014 16:09 #2
Page loads seem to be noticeably faster based on prior creation speed numbers. Thank you. Is it possible to set up a server to filter out some of the bot traffic?
Last edit: 19 Jan 2014 16:09 by ProMarbler.

• Thank you received: 368
19 Jan 2014 20:39 - 19 Jan 2014 21:34 #3
I have noticed some other potential causes of slow page loading times.[strike] I am currently looking into the issue and hope to have some resolutions for folks by this evening.
[/strike]

EDIT: It appears the source of the slow loading times is our shared hosting server. We are currently discussion alternative hosting plans at this point in time and will provide an update later this month.

~Aayrl
Last edit: 19 Jan 2014 21:34 by Aayrl.

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
23 Jan 2014 15:53 #4
So this just happened:

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

• IsraeliRD
  • IsraeliRD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
23 Jan 2014 19:27 #5
Haha damn, I thought my 29.3 seconds yesterday would've been the record. Then again lately the forums were 1-2 seconds for me even on the bigger topics.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• Thank you received: 123
24 Jan 2014 10:48 #6
I should mention that the mega.co.nz sites don't work on my Mac, because it requires updated browsers, which I don't and can't possibly have.

• Thank you received: 3
26 Jan 2014 06:05 #7
When I try to download the new MBP, it says "marbleblast.exe has stopped working."

with the music and the lights and everything :P

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.795 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.