exclamation-circle Website Updates - 6/21/14

• Aayrl
  • Aayrl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Big Deal!
  • Thank you received: 368
21 Jun 2014 20:10 - 21 Jun 2014 20:11 #1
Hey folks. It's about time we had some interactive Leaderboards on the website too, don't you think? Below is a list of changes that went live today:

- Interactive Leaderboards are now available on the website! You do not need to be logged into see the leaderboard standings, though you will need to be registered in order to view other user profiles. You may access the leaderboards by clicking here .

- You may now view other user profiles! You can easily view other member profiles by clicking on their username or their avatar photo on the Leaderboard page. There is also a handy link provided on your profile page if you wish to share your profile with your friends! Remember your friends will need to be logged in to see your profile!

- Fixed display errors on the Profile Panel
- Fixed Total Gem Count math error on the Profile Panel
- Fixed Profile Team Games count on the Profile Panel
- Fixed Ranking Errors on the Profile Panel (now shows the correct rank)
- Fixed Xelna's Colored Username
- Upgraded the website engine from Joomla v2.5.20 to Joomla 2.5.22.

~Aayrl
Last edit: 21 Jun 2014 20:11 by Aayrl.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• dushine
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • PING STEALLLL!
  • Thank you received: 10
22 Jun 2014 02:25 #2
Loving this idea, looks great and much easier to access :D Thanks a bunch for all your effort!

Legit Marbler
Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/MBdushine

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
22 Jun 2014 04:16 #3
Update to leaderboards view-- just added ordering by the different columns. Go wild with data.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

• Thank you received: 123
22 Jun 2014 10:47 #4
Totally break my script by a few characters. Go me.

• Kalle29
  • I blame ping for losing
  • Thank you received: 754
15 Aug 2014 15:10 #5
Can someone tell me what the leaderboard even is? I hear people talk about it all the time, yet I have no idea of what its purpose is or what "rating" is...

༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽ You have been visited by the Nivea™ Donger of moisture. Soft skin and good fortune will come to you, but only if you post "thank you Mr. Skeltal" in this thread ༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽

• Regislian
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 255
15 Aug 2014 15:29 - 15 Aug 2014 15:37 #6
Now I understand why I've never seen u on the leaderboards.. U can chat there, play multiplayer, play singleplayer with ur times being stored on the leaderboards, and receive rating based on what time u got, which will improve ur overall ranking.

All u have to do is download MBP 1.50 Beta 3, login with ur forum account and start playing.

Hope to see u there soon!

Edit: The leaderboards that Aayrl is talking about are the leaderboards from online playing which can now be accessed through the website.
Last edit: 15 Aug 2014 15:37 by Regislian.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff

• Kalle29
  • I blame ping for losing
  • Thank you received: 754
15 Aug 2014 15:44 #7
OK, thanks a lot!

༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽ You have been visited by the Nivea™ Donger of moisture. Soft skin and good fortune will come to you, but only if you post "thank you Mr. Skeltal" in this thread ༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽

• Thank you received: 123
15 Aug 2014 15:49 #8
Not the best spot to post this here, but I'll explain.

In Windows MBP, when you loaded the game, there would normally be a "Leaderboards" button near the bottom right. Previously, you would create an account on "PhilsEmpire", an affiliated site, where you would then log into the leaderboards with it and play "online". With MBP 1.50, this was changed so that the new MarbleBlast website would be able to host the leaderboards without a separate server. The leaderboards also came officially to both Windows and Mac platforms.

The point of the leaderboards is to be able to play online for competitive play. Upon logging in with your username and password for the site, you would access a chat room and numerous other features to the game. When you play levels there, your time and achievements are tallied and "ranked"; that is, a numeric score is determined for the times you achieve online for each level you play. The idea is that your "rating" as it is computed is totaled for the levels you complete and achievements you (secretly) receive, where your rating is then listed on a global "leaderboard" to show your performance to other players. If you beat and improve your times, you will earn a higher score, and be ranked higher on the leaderboards.

Of the more recent and newer features that come with MBP 1.50, you can play against others in more competitive ways, such as challenges/super challenges, and most of all, by playing multiplayer. With the next build of MBP 1.50 being a release candidate, you will be able to hopefully read all of this in the manual, as well as being able to experience all of MBP's new features.

Hopefully this offers a mostly complete explanation to what you're asking. While I typed, Regislian may have snuck in a more concise explanation. As a final note, you can access these leaderboard rankings by the "Scores" menu at the top.
~ PM
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kalle29

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.878 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.