• Jeff
  • Jeff's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
29 Sep 2014 03:34 #1

Hey there,

The Platinum Team would like to announce a new and improved version of the master server. This master server is now more stable in RC2 than any other master server that has been in the previous builds. Not only does it come with stability, it also comes with new features. Take a look for yourself!

Image of Master Server for RC2 

Here is a description of what each and every column does on the master server:

• Lock Icon - This icon is visible if there is a server password
  • Bar Icon - This icon is visible if ratings are turned on
  • Server Name - The name of the server
  • Players - The amount of players currently on the server over the maximum players allowed
  • Mode - What type of server is this, such as Free-For-All or Teams mode
  • Ping - The latency to the server in one round trip.  The lower this number, the better the connection
  • Min Rating - The minimum rating required to play on the server

You will also notice, that there is now a status bar. The status bar will tell you what the master server's current status is when it is refreshing. It will display statuses for connecting to the master server, querying the master server, receiving pings from the servers, and finally the amount of servers that it has found.

We hope you enjoy the new master server as much as we do!

- Jeff and The Platinum Team

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 22
29 Sep 2014 04:00 #2
Nice. I like how you can now see the exact amount of ping you have to a server. The only thing that is missing and I think would be nice to implement is to be able to know the name of the map the server is currently running, just like you can do when you look at the server list on MarbleBlast.com's homepage.

• Imperial
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Custom Levels Lover
  • Thank you received: 86
29 Sep 2014 06:01 - 29 Sep 2014 06:02 #3
Cool features, the ping column is definitely my fav of the bunch (also only until now do I realize that bar icon means ratings is on). I also agree with UltraRobot's suggestion, whereas the running map could be displayed somewhere in the description of the server, so that it can only be seen when a particular server is clicked on, thus the menu wouldn't be too crowded.

Vanquisher / Red Stealer

My youtube channel: www.youtube.com/imperialcuirassier
My twitch channel: www.twitch.tv/imperialcuirassier
Last edit: 29 Sep 2014 06:02 by Imperial.

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
  • Thank you received: 447
29 Sep 2014 13:13 #4
Looks great, I especially like the minimum rating to play feature so I can block plebs out c:

No, but seriously, I'm looking forward to it. And UltraRobot's suggestion would be cool too.

Also, stating that the Master Server (thistle) is more stable... does this mean less collision/serversteal?

• Jeff
  • Jeff's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
29 Sep 2014 15:28 #5
A master server is not Thistle, that is just another dedicated server hosted by HiGuy. But with his internet...your connection should be good that less lag happens (400mbps i mean seriously WTF).

A master server simply connections a client to a server without having to know the server's IP Address. Much easier on your end instead of typing in an address ;). It does not effect game play at all. Stability was in reference to the actual master server, as it is brand new (does not use TCP Sockets anymore, now uses UDP listeners).

@All regarding level name, Well, there really isn't much more room on the actual listing. However, I guess we could put it inside of the server description ;)

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

• dushine
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • PING STEALLLL!
  • Thank you received: 10
29 Sep 2014 22:49 #6
This looks really brilliant, great idea staff! Looking forward to this, could really help people like me with crappy ping, not to mention how awesome the other options will be! :D

Legit Marbler
Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/MBdushine

• Thank you received: 18
30 Sep 2014 12:56 #7
Yesss, finally, a rating limit!

And he waddled away, waddle waddle..

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.846 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.