• Aayrl
  • Aayrl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Big Deal!
  • Thank you received: 368
30 Nov 2014 21:39 #1

Hey folks,

The weather outside is frightful, and the warm glow of your computer screens is delightful. If you've got no other place to go, let it go, let it go, and come play in the snow!

To celebrate the wintry holiday season, we're introducing this year our first annual Winterfest Event! All of your favorite Marble Blast Multiplayer levels have received a wintry makeover, featuring:

• 6 Brand New In-Game Achievements and 35 new Website Achievements
  • A new Title and Suffix system
  • Snowball Game Mode
  • Loads of new scenery objects and obstacles
  • Multiplayer UI Recolors to match the Winter Season
  • Brand new Chilly and Frozen scores to beat
  • Hidden Snow-globe objects
  • ...and much, much more!

In addition, for a limited time, the website will feature daily achievements between December 1st and December 31st, so be sure you log in to the website and visit your User Profile via the Profile Button every day and claim your rewards! Perhaps there will be an extra special gift waiting for you under the tree on December 25th?

The Winterfest Event will be live beginning on December 1st, and be available until the 11th of January, 2015 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time. In addition, the fabled PlatinumQuest Multiplayer Levels will be unlocked for the public to play between the 1st of December and the 4th of January, 2015, inclusive.

In addition to the exciting content we've prepared for you, we will also be upgrading our servers late this December. We will be launching a brand new dedicated server for our leaderboards and website and several new dedicated servers for the leaderboards system. One server will be located in London, UK, as a testing server for several days. We openly invite you to provide us with feedback so we may improve our dedicated server process.

If all goes well with the dedicated server testing, the remaining dedicated servers will be launched. In total, we expect to have 7 dedicated servers by the end of January, 2015:

• Tsuf 1 - California, USA
  • Tsuf 2 - California, USA
  • Thistle - Vermont, USA
  • Beginners Only (Provisional Users only, < 20 games played) - Vermont, USA
  • Cuties Only (Established Users with 1650+ rating only) - Vermont, USA
  • London 1 (TBA) - London, UK
  • London 2 (TBA) - London, UK

We would like to thank the following community members for making this Winterfest event possible:

• Aayrl - Usability Testing, Quality Assurance, Winterfest Ideas, Winter Textures, Level Design, Web Programming
  • RDs.Empire - Jaw-dropping scenery and dts shapes for Winterfest
  • Whirligig - Physics Programming related to Wintry Hats
  • Buzzmusic - Phenomenal Winter-themed Music
  • HiGuy - Lead Programmer, Level Design, Web Programming
  • Jeff - Physics Programming, Assistant Programmer
  • IsraeliRD - Lead Designer, Winterfest Ideas, Level Design, Usability Testing

As always, we greatly appreciate donations to help us keep the website and leaderboard services running as optimally and efficiently as possible. We are currently paying the expenses for our website and dedicated servers out-of-pocket. Any donations provided by community members will only be used to pay for the website and dedicated services. You may donate via PayPal through your User Profile by clicking on the Profile button (once logged in to the website) on the top right side of your browser. From here, click on the Donate button, located on the right side of the screen. Please be aware that donations of $1, while greatly appreciated, will still have a premium taken off the top by PayPal (whom takes 33 cents as part of their fees).

Happy Holidays, and enjoy the wintry levels!

~Aayrl
Marble Blast Community Manager

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 198
01 Dec 2014 01:26 #2
YEA!!!!!!
THANK YOU GUYS!!!

lee is awesome

• Thank you received: 156
01 Dec 2014 01:48 #3
I'm normally not a fan of winter, but I really love the environment that has been created! The music and shapes are outstanding as well. Go Platinum Team!

• CheepFishMBP
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • I am currently inactive.
  • Thank you received: 14
01 Dec 2014 02:00 #4
I'm so hyped for this!

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
01 Dec 2014 02:01 #5
Contrary to popular belief, I did somewhat contribute 1 day for a few hours by providing smooth and groovy snowballs, as well as testing 3-way multiplayer with some of the new features.

Great job guys, I'll be enjoying the new stuff c:

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

• RandomityGuy
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • This entire place is bruh
  • Thank you received: 61
01 Dec 2014 02:49 #6
Yeah hh, PQ stuff(The ice shards could be just a model, not sure)
Hats thing:probably from MBPU
Snowball stuff:looks like another feature from MBPU

Github:
github.com/RandomityGuy
Feel free to support me at ko-fi.com/randomityguy

• Battlecube314
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • 100% Gold/Ultimate/Awesome!!
  • Thank you received: 155
01 Dec 2014 02:52 #7
The winter remix of the Marble Blast Ultra theme is awesome!

• Thank you received: 11
01 Dec 2014 06:39 #8
Waouw, amazing job here guys! Looking forward to play MBP this month. Like Kurt would have said, you deserve a good beer!

• lxgenda
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Platinum Pioneer
  • Thank you received: 96
01 Dec 2014 08:45 #9
ON THE FIRST DAY OF PQ MY MATAN GAVE TO ME.. A JEEFNUGGET IN A PEAR TREE!!!

"tl;dr joj" - legenda 2016

• lxgenda
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Platinum Pioneer
  • Thank you received: 96
01 Dec 2014 08:52 #10
:D Yay Winterfest! I'll contribute

"tl;dr joj" - legenda 2016

• Imperial
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Custom Levels Lover
  • Thank you received: 86
01 Dec 2014 11:03 #11
OMG, this makes enjoy winter for once. Loved the new features, the staff did a really good job in creating this wintry atmosphere for our fellow members. :) I am already feeling my adrenaline when I get to throw snowballs at my opponents for stealing my gems. :D Looking forward to experience more in this event!

Vanquisher / Red Stealer

My youtube channel: www.youtube.com/imperialcuirassier
My twitch channel: www.twitch.tv/imperialcuirassier

• dushine
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • PING STEALLLL!
  • Thank you received: 10
01 Dec 2014 11:08 #12
Truly something I have never experienced in all my time on MB, I am so pumped for this, gonna camp MB this holiday! I didn't think the Staff would be pulling this from their hat, thank you all! Looking forward to seeing you all in game and also to testing this insane new mod!!!

Legit Marbler
Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/MBdushine

• Thank you received: 4
01 Dec 2014 12:56 #13
This is the most awesome event of the year! I really like the new multiplayer levels with all the lights, ice shards, candy canes, and much more. It's really fun to find the hidden snowglobes and shoot those snowballs, while listening to the Xmas Trance song. Thanks for working so hard, guys! It will definitely be a memorable winter for us. :)

• Ralph
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Matan's Fervent Fan
  • Thank you received: 136
01 Dec 2014 18:33 #14
For the occasion, do you want some levels in Antarctica?

You forget a thousand things everyday. Make sure Marble Blast isn't one of 'em.
Instagram : ralphfrommb

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
01 Dec 2014 18:34 #15
Hey all,

I'd like to respond to a number of queries several have had on both the forums and Leaderboards with regards to the Winter update of MBP as well as the website update:

- The hats/snowball is actually our own, not from any other mod. The only things that are from somewhere else is the snow and ice textures, which are from Fubar.

- The Winter update is currently set as a one-off, but if community response is high (which currently it is) then we will do this on a yearly basis, because all the files are there, and only few changes will need to be made for next year.

- The dedicated server are easily done because the actual server we host them on have this capability readily available. It allows people to have a variety of servers to choose from and you can see sometimes people choose Tsuf and others Thistle.

- Flairs (icons before usernames in LB Chat) are currently for Admins/Mods only. We are planning on making them publicly available but the exact details are something I cannot discuss, mainly because we (and myself especially) aren't sure of them either.

- Likewise, titles on the Leaderboards chat require you to reach certain post numbers on the forums. I believe we require 500 or 750 posts, but do not quote me on this.

If you have other questions, feel free to ask, and I'll be happy to respond to them.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
  • Thank you received: 447
01 Dec 2014 19:40 #16
Wow platinum team! I spent about 30 mins on the awesome new update this morning and it blew my mind.

I found the first two Snow Globes (BAC & Ramp Matrix) but stopped on Triple Decker after realizing that the snowmaker in the sky that I'd been trying to reach for x minutes wasn't actually the snow globe and it's there on every level (fail). RD.S Empire joined me and we played a couple of MP matches. The ice crystals, shapes, textures, snow drifts and references on the presents (the pink pascal present lol) are awesome, and gameplay is quite fun with the added obstacles. The only negative is that my FPS got a -60%, but with the massive awesomeness level of the additions, I'm happy getting above 20 fps :D

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
  • Thank you received: 208
01 Dec 2014 19:48 - 01 Dec 2014 19:49 #17
Yeah thnx for doing this!!! I'd love for this to continue for other holidays. I lagged as well as frost, but I enjoyed coming back from my thanksgiving trip and playing a some fun matches with higuy, Santa, anson and Kurt, and I won on winter architecture :P
I also suck at snowballing (so far).
Also still a little angry about gym lol

"it's the internet eguy. where children are men. men are monkeys, and women are PQ."
-Jeff 2014
Last edit: 01 Dec 2014 19:49 by Eguy.

• Thank you received: 123
01 Dec 2014 19:58 #18
I would play, but I have homework I need to do... :/ Might get my sister to, who knows. :P

My suggestion would be to add a particle intensity slider, just like the one said to be implemented in MBFubar. That way I can still fathom playing MBP on a computers that don't have a dedicated graphics card. :P

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
01 Dec 2014 20:15 #19

Regislian wrote: I would play, but I have homework I need to do... :/ Might get my sister to, who knows. :P

My suggestion would be to add a particle intensity slider, just like the one said to be implemented in MBFubar. That way I can still fathom playing MBP on a computers that don't have a dedicated graphics card. :P

There is one already in the options menu. Default is 100%. Min is 0% and max particles is 200%.

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
  • Thank you received: 188
01 Dec 2014 22:14 #20
I know I was part of this, but still like to thank MBP team for doing this, really freshes up the casual game and I think everyone who havent played game recently will be interested in hitting some matches again. It was a a very busy weekend but it was well worth it. The saondrack is amazing and it brought joy to me because of how well it was remade from original soundtrack. And Snowglobe placement is just wonderfully creative, i still haven't found all of them but the ones I did where cleverly placed.
As frostfire mentioned I included many references in models, some are quite obvious, others need tinkering or general knowledge of some subject, but I hope you all will enjoy the models nevertheless. What wasn't quite obvious but on what I spent quite some time on was this:

If anyone is interested feel free to use these images for whatever you wish. :) And pardon the grammar, i was running out of space:P
Heres the front....

... and the back.

I know it's no way winter related but it was still fun idea to work with.
Happy blasting everyone!

Some guy that does DTS shapes and levels.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
makes life easier for you and everyone else :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: StewMan46

• Thank you received: 2
01 Dec 2014 22:50 #21
I didn't realize the music was supposed to be Tim Trance until one minute in...then I was strangly happy. Beautiful.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff, whirligig

• whirligig
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 261
01 Dec 2014 23:05 #22

MegaMarbler wrote: I didn't realize the music was supposed to be Tim Trance until one minute in...then I was strangly happy. Beautiful.

I didn't realize until you posted it, and I'm usually the kind of person that would notice those things.

• Thank you received: 123
02 Dec 2014 02:08 #23
The Tsuf instantly makes it 100% amazing.

• StewMan46
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 46
02 Dec 2014 21:45 #24
Nice job again guys!!!

• Thank you received: 0
03 Jan 2015 19:58 #25

whirligig wrote:

MegaMarbler wrote: I didn't realize the music was supposed to be Tim Trance until one minute in...then I was strangly happy. Beautiful.

I didn't realize until you posted it, and I'm usually the kind of person that would notice those things.

Can we get a download of the remix? It's absolutely amazing!

• Buzzmusic
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • I make levels and songs.
  • Thank you received: 145
03 Jan 2015 20:52 #26
Why, thank you. :) Here's a link for the MP3: www.mediafire.com/listen/qa20vko5a290qk4/Xmas_Trance_MP3.mp3

All posts from my account that were made before July 29 2013 are from the point of view of my dad unless it states otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aayrl, Jeff

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.168 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.