• Aayrl
  • Aayrl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Big Deal!
  • Thank you received: 368
05 Jan 2015 06:05 #1

Greetings folks,

While we apologize for the extended maintenance and the delay in bringing all of our services back online, we are pleased to announce that MarbleBlast.com, and the Leaderboards service are now both located on our brand new blazing fast server located in London, UK! This newer server hardware and extensive hardware capabilities should reduce the number of server crashes and increase the amount of traffic our services can withstand during peak hours. You may also notice increased performance when submitting scores to the server, even in the remote regions of the globe.

In addition, our Website is now running on the latest and greatest version of Joomla 3.3.6! As some of you are aware, we've been running on Joomla 2.5.xx, which had its final day of long term support on December 31st, 2014. As a result, we took the server hardware upgrade opportunity to also upgrade our Joomla CMS system. There may be small portions of the website that are still a bit buggy, and we would appreciate it if you would let us know in the Feedback Forum if you encounter any bugs or issues in the next few days.

As always, additional update notes may be found on the Forums under the Rules & News section that detail additional upgrades and changes that were made in this weekend's maintenance. And, of course, please let us know if you encounter any troubles or issues when using the Website or Leaderboards so we may be made aware of any errors as a result of our updates.

Cheers,

~Aayrl
Marble Blast Community Manager

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
05 Jan 2015 06:54 #2
Well done to Tyler and HiGuy for pulling off another fantastic job!
I was sleeping (army) during this time so I missed all the fun. Nonetheless the site is faster. On mobile data, in Israel for the maintenance forums topic, I had 0.096 seconds to create the page. Speedy!

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• eNetro
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Skilled PlatinumQuest Player
  • Thank you received: 49
05 Jan 2015 16:11 #3
After I opened up MBP 1.50 (the latest version of it), I can't get into the leaderboards. All I see is the 'logging in' screen.

Awesome Hint:

Since the Awesome Time/Score is secret, you will have to beat it in order to find out what it is. Just practice every day, and be ready to keep pressing the 'Restart' button...A LOT!

• Thank you received: 123
05 Jan 2015 21:00 #4
There were a few moments of Leaderboards downtime earlier, all should be good. See: www.marbleblast.com/index.php/forum/mb-s...de-requesting-status

• Nathan125
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Thank you received: 8
07 Jan 2015 23:04 #5
um I don't get this. Oh also the marble blast multiplayer servers are down I don't know why? Let me know some how.

• Thank you received: 123
11 Jan 2015 17:17 #6
For all those wondering, the Thistle server is currently offline, and will be fixed in a few days.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.830 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.