• Aayrl
  • Aayrl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Big Deal!
  • Thank you received: 368
13 Jun 2015 00:56 #1

Hey folks!

Over the past few weeks, the Marble Blast Community Staff have been in discussions on how we want to proceed with the future of the Marble Blast Community. We've noticed a dramatic negative increase of activity that goes against all of the standards we set out to attain when the community was originally conceived. As a result, we're decided (unanimously) to start strictly enforcing our Terms of Service guidelines and our general system rules to ensure all users are treated respectfully and experience a welcoming, friendly atmosphere while they are a part of the Marble Blast Community.

We will also be implementing a new Warning System in the next few weeks. The system is still very much in the early stages, but will be used to restrict access to the various features of the Marble Blast Website and Game Client based on any negative actions imposed on user accounts. We hope to never use the warning system, but we feel the operations must be in place in order for us to strictly enforce the policy guidelines mentioned above. More news on this system will be unveiled as it nears public release.

To assist with these new policy enforcements, we have decided to make the following changes to the Marble Blast Community Staff:

• Regislian has been promoted to an Administrator. Regislian has been a moderator of the Marble Blast Community for almost a year and has shown exceptional support, maturity, and encouragement towards other members of the community. It is without a doubt that Regislian has proven himself to be an asset to the Marble Blast Community, and as such we are promoting him to the highest administrative ranks.

• Promarbler14 has been promoted to Global Moderator. Promarbler14 has constantly provided exceptional support and guidance for both new and veteran members of the community and has proven a vast knowledge of the game content. As a global moderator, Promarbler14 will oversee the operations and actions of all Marble Blast Community Moderators, and will be in charge of ensuring the Marble Blast Support forum and the Marble Blast Support System are checked daily and all issues are resolved by a member of the Marble Blast Community Staff.
  • Kalle29 has been promoted to a Moderator. All members of the Marble Blast Community Staff have spent countless hours debating this decision, but ultimately we have decided that Kalle29 is fully capable of filling this role and his active participation in the community ensures he will be able to assist Regislian with monitoring our Webchat and Forum services as often as possible. Effective immediately, Kalle29 will be granted a temporary moderator role until June 20th, at which point the Marble Blast Community Staff will ultimately decide if we wish to permanently keep Kalle29 as a moderator.

We have also decided to implement a new "tier" of permissions for both the Marble Blast Website and the Game Client. This new tier, dubbed "Developer" will be granted to members that are actively working on official content for Marble Blast Platinum, PQ, Fubar, or miscellaneous Marble Blast Community projects. These members will be displayed in Webchat with a dark green username. This "tier" was conceived to help reduce confusion between developers and members of the Marble Blast Community Staff.

Lastly, a formal post on our forums will be listed later this weekend detailing all current members of the Marble Blast Community Staff and our respective roles within the community. We will also include instructions on how to report any incidents regarding other members of the community in the event that one of our staff members is not available for direct consultation.

Please assist us in giving a warm welcome to our newest moderator and our staff changes, and overall we hope we can improve the atmosphere of the community! We are excited to have these new changes in place and we sure hope everyone will have a more positive experience in the community over the next few months.

Finally...did I mention there is exciting new content coming down the pipeline for everyone? Expect some spontaneous events over the next few weeks and make sure you check in daily to see what's coming!

Thanks!

~Aayrl
Marble Blast Community Manager

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kalle29
  • I blame ping for losing
  • Thank you received: 754
13 Jun 2015 01:15 - 13 Jun 2015 02:10 #2
Just adding that I'm fully aware that I've been the instigator of many sessions where the rules weren't fully followed. Though in my defence I never expected to ever become a moderator so I kinda didn't care. I'll behave in a different manner now that I've been promoted and enforce the ToS as it was intended. If I'm still a moderator after the 20th then I'll keep acting in a more mature manner as one would expect.

༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽ You have been visited by the Nivea™ Donger of moisture. Soft skin and good fortune will come to you, but only if you post "thank you Mr. Skeltal" in this thread ༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽
Last edit: 13 Jun 2015 02:10 by Kalle29. Reason: .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff, ProMarbler, Regislian

• dushine
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • PING STEALLLL!
  • Thank you received: 10
13 Jun 2015 11:29 #3
Great stuff, well deserved PM and Regi. As for Kalle, I want to see how you do. Thanks for the update guys.

Legit Marbler
Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/MBdushine

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
  • Thank you received: 447
13 Jun 2015 12:58 #4
I'll definitely be on more if the ToS is going to be enforced for real.

• Thank you received: 406
13 Jun 2015 13:37 #5
I'm very happy that the ToS will be enforced, because webchat can be pretty nasty. But I don't get this warning system. What happens with it and how is it used and triggered to be used?

• Kalle29
13 Jun 2015 22:34 - 13 Jun 2015 22:35 #6
It is used if anyone breaks the rules, more info will come later on how it will work exactly. I don't know how much of it is set in stone already since it's still under developement.

༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽ You have been visited by the Nivea™ Donger of moisture. Soft skin and good fortune will come to you, but only if you post "thank you Mr. Skeltal" in this thread ༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽
Last edit: 13 Jun 2015 22:35 by Kalle29.

• Battlecube314
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • 100% Gold/Ultimate/Awesome!!
  • Thank you received: 155
13 Jun 2015 22:36 #7
So, is the warning system going to be similar to the one on the old site?

• Kalle29
13 Jun 2015 22:52 #8
It will be % based with thresholds at which certain privileges will be removed.

• Aayrl
  • Aayrl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Big Deal!
  • Thank you received: 368
14 Jun 2015 18:19 #9
At the moment, the design is similar to the old warning system from ProBoards, except that we will most likely have the warning percentages Private, meaning you may only view your warning level, and not the warning level(s) of other member(s). We had some issues with ProBoards where other members would view the warning level as a twisted "contest", and we do not wish to encourage that type of behavior again.

~Aayrl

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.859 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.