• Aayrl
  • Aayrl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Big Deal!
  • Thank you received: 368
07 Aug 2015 23:43 #1

Hello everyone,

It is with great sadness that I must announce the retirement of our fabled Shoutbox feature on the Marble Blast Community Website. The decision did not come lightly, but ultimately the Marble Blast Community Staff have decided the Shoutbox's utility versus practicality is simply not worth the effort nor the resources to maintain. We will officially be removing the Shoutbox module from our Website at 6:00 PM Eastern Time on Monday, August 10th, 2015. The live Webchat system will remain as the official method of conversation between members of the community in real time in addition to the Marble Blast Community Forums.

We will be improving other communication channels to account for the absence of the Shoutbox, including numerous fixes to the Private Messaging and Support Request systems over the next few weeks to ensure users are able to communicate with the Staff in the event of an emergency or a system outage. More details on these improvements will come to fruition later this month.

Thank you again for your understanding. We encourage members to utilize the Webchat system for all of your real-time conversational desires.

Best regards,

~Aayrl
Marble Blast Community Manager

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
  • Thank you received: 191
07 Aug 2015 23:56 - 08 Aug 2015 00:01 #2
This is a smart decision. The Webchat not only looks graphically fitting (as compared to the aesthetic turn-off that the Shoutbox displayed), but it already has its own tab atop the website, plus it's integrated into the LBs. IMO having two chat rooms never made much sense, so I'm happy to see the Webchat taking priority focus.

EDIT: Many forums have a chat system in which you can instantly chat with another member privately (similar to Facebook chatting). If possible, I think this would be a great communicative addition to consider.

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.
Last edit: 08 Aug 2015 00:01 by Joey.

• Aayrl
  • Aayrl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Big Deal!
  • Thank you received: 368
08 Aug 2015 00:56 #3
We did explore live-chat options similar to Facebook Chat, but at this point in time there is no plans to implement such a feature on our website.

~Aayrl

• Three
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • level designer
  • Thank you received: 349
08 Aug 2015 04:28 #4
RIP ShoutBox 2006(?)-2015

Follow me on twitter at @threefolder

• J@ckRB
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • *some self-degrading humour*
  • Thank you received: 164
08 Aug 2015 11:53 #5
The Shoutbox has been pretty useful over the years. It filled the gap of 'webchat' for a while (alternatives were PMs), especially after the really old chat (early proboards days?) was taken down at some point. The leaderboards was again was realtime chat, but wasn't really used.

But now, with webchat integrated into the leaderboards (which is great) the shoutbox is less relevant, and while its been in existence for a long time, its usefulness has pretty much come to an end.

obligatory rip shoutbox comment even though I've already done it in the shoutbox itself

"funny quote" - funny person 2016 part 2 electric boogaloo

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
  • Thank you received: 208
08 Aug 2015 15:08 - 08 Aug 2015 15:09 #6
Farewell, we love you shoutbox. You shall live on in our memories.

"it's the internet eguy. where children are men. men are monkeys, and women are PQ."
-Jeff 2014
Last edit: 08 Aug 2015 15:09 by Eguy.

• StewMan46
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 46
08 Aug 2015 16:20 #7
RIP shoutbox. Farewell. Goodbye.

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
09 Aug 2015 15:29 #8
about time this box is put out of commission. Been advocating this position for a while.

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

• Ralph
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Matan's Fervent Fan
  • Thank you received: 136
10 Aug 2015 18:35 #9
*plays Flanked* RIP, my dear ShoutBox. You'll still stay in my mind and in my heart. Farewell, my friend.

You forget a thousand things everyday. Make sure Marble Blast isn't one of 'em.
Instagram : ralphfrommb

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.889 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.