file No rest for the wicked

• IsraeliRD
  • IsraeliRD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
21 Aug 2016 17:27 #1

With the PlatinumQuest demo released, the Platinum Team is back to work towards the full release in 2017. There is still plenty to do, so we're hard at work!

Based on the (fantastic) demo feedback and watching a few videos, we noted that people have an environment-mapping problem where the textures are quite messed up. The easiest way to solve this is to go to the Options Menu and choose the Medium or Low Quality Graphics setting. In addition, open your console and write the following (then press enter): $pref::environmentMaps = "1";

In addition to the demo releasing, we went ahead and removed the 65-achievement requirement on the four PlatinumQuest Multiplayer levels, and they are now permanently open for all users to play.

Remember that if you find an issue in the PlatinumQuest demo, you should post it on the forums on the feedback topic.

Thanks,
The Platinum Team

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ralph
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Matan's Fervent Fan
  • Thank you received: 136
21 Aug 2016 20:47 #2
Go, Platinum Team! We all believe in you guys!

You forget a thousand things everyday. Make sure Marble Blast isn't one of 'em.
Instagram : ralphfrommb

• Connie
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • i code for balls
  • Thank you received: 64
22 Aug 2016 18:36 #3
Ya Can Do It Guys !

For the best Marble Blast levels, head over to:
- marbleland.vaniverse.io/pack/18

connieofro.neocities.org/

[img

• Thank you received: 69
26 Aug 2016 22:00 #4
Why some people have followed a very minor trend of encouraging y'all I do not know, BUT I am very much looking forward to seeing the entire game. I am sure that a lot of hard work is going into this, and the graphics are much less 2008-ish (thank God). But please, get your shape dude to make a new fan. I would REALLY appreciate it.

SoundCloud page here:

• Thank you received: 405
26 Aug 2016 22:24 #5
A new fan and a new button would be ideal. I am very much looking forward to the full version as well and it looks like Whirligig is pleased enough with just Sky High Circuit, he doesn't need any other levels to keep him occupied.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Evokrypt

• Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
  • Thank you received: 786
26 Aug 2016 23:47 #6
Make Whirligig as happy as ever and put King of the Mountain or some kind of remake of it in the full version.

Jokes aside, I can't wait to see what the real MBP 2.0 will look like. Marble Blast will actually be reaching it's final (as we know of) stage of evolution soon. Incredibly scary to think about.
Does this mean PQ WHERe's not gonna be a thing anymore?

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5

• Thank you received: 8
30 Aug 2016 17:33 #7
I second Rozi's proposition for a KOTM remake.

• Thank you received: 69
31 Aug 2016 10:08 #8
No no, please can nobody want any sort of remakes! PQ should be original and different imo. But I would not be against a KoTM-inspired level with cannons and ice shards and stuff. Like a 'King of the Icy Mountain' type thing. I dunno.

SoundCloud page here:

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
31 Aug 2016 19:17 - 31 Aug 2016 19:17 #9
In response to remakes: Very few of PQ's non-bonus levels are considered "remakes" of other levels. While some levels have pretty strong references to others (in terms of design), they are completely different levels than the originals. Bonus, however, has quite a few levels that are direct references to other games.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
Last edit: 31 Aug 2016 19:17 by HiGuy.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.908 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.