• Aayrl
  • Aayrl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Big Deal!
  • Thank you received: 368
30 Apr 2017 02:56 #1
Hello Marble Blasters!
While performing some routine maintenance this evening, HiGuy...

Hello Marble Blasters!

While performing some routine maintenance this evening, HiGuy and I have also gone through the Forums layout templates and made some slight adjustments based on user feedback over the past few months. Some of these were pending issues from the original release of the latest forum platform, and I apologize for not having these necessary changes in place sooner.

If you have any additional suggestions, comments or remarks for the forum layout, certainly let us know in the comments section below so we can investigate any issues further.

Here are a list of changes that went live tonight:

• Website Security Updates
  • Users may now update their Avatar once again.
  • Changed the Forum username links to redirect to a member's Marble Blast profile instead of their Forum Profile. A link to the Forum Profile is now listed on their Marble Blast profile for ease of access.
  • Changed the "Quote" styles - The quoted member name is now bold and underlined, and a noticeable quote style and border has been added to the quote block to make them more obvious.
  • Changed the "Last Edited By" informational text styles to be smaller and less distracting.
  • Changed the behavior of "Staff Member" or "Blue Posts" - Staff member posts will now only show with a blue background at the discretion of the staff member posting them.
  • Slightly adjusted the display position of member signatures on forum post messages to prevent crowding of post content.
  • Fixed an issue with Avatar images being resized incorrectly on certain browser sizes.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the "Recent Topics" and "My Subscriptions" views to be disproportional on certain browser sizes.
  • Fixed an issue which caused user details on a message post to scale incorrectly on certain browser sizes.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the "Attachments" button to overlap other elements when uploading images to a new post or post reply.
  • Fixed an issue with the "Forum" breadcrumb link which would erroneously send users to the "Recent Topics" section instead of the Forum Index.
  • Fixed an issue where certain Avatars would cause the web server to timeout unexpectedly. Special thanks to Weather for reporting this issue.

Please Note: Some changes will not be visible until your browser cache refreshes.

Thank you,
~Aayrl

The following user(s) said Thank You: Derpky, Nockess

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 69
30 Apr 2017 13:47 #2
This is good to see, BUT I have noticed this kind of message on every single post:

"Aayrl created the topic: More Forum Changes!" ... for example.

Is this intentional? Or is it even necessary? Seems a bit cluttery to me. And I find it hard to find the start of the post as well.

SoundCloud page here:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Weather

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
30 Apr 2017 16:51 #3
We changed around some parts of the CSS and you may have an outdated version in your cache. Try force refreshing (Ctrl + Shift R on Windows, Cmd + Shift R on Mac) and it should pull the new stylesheet. Or if you wait a few days your browser will sort itself out automatically.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aayrl

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.823 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.