• IsraeliRD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
03 Jun 2017 19:29 #1
Hey all,If you aren't following our ...

Hey all,

If you aren't following our Twitter account then you probably haven't heard that we have finished all SinglePlayer levels for PlatinumQuest. This major milestone means a lot, since PlatinumQuest started as SinglePlayer only. Now we just have to make the Online section work nicely with the multitude of features it adds (spoilers: it doesn't work that nicely). I find it rather interesting that the SinglePlayer levels are split into two eras: 2009-2012 with the original Platinum Team, and then 2015-2017 with a whole new Platinum Team (save for me). In most of 2012 and the entirety of 2013-2014, we had no new levels. I'm pretty sure parts of 2015 had none, but I digress. The ideas of what makes a level and how this evolved really shows.

We still have to wrap up all the corners of SinglePlayer and blast through Online before we can release.

In addition to all that, I'm super happy to tell you about the new Replay System. It replaces all current and previous recording systems (rec/avi/mov/mp4) with a new rrec format which allows you to painlessly record a run, restart without any player input and recognise when you finish a level (prompting you to save). You can then replay the level and it'll keep recording on a new file. It works with all PlatinumQuest's features, including Hunt mode. You can replay the recording on video in any resolution, framerate and OS, giving it very good stability. When you play Online, it will automatically record your run, and should you get a World Record, immediately sends it to the server, so we don't have to worry about missing runs when it comes time to make videos.
This rrec format will be required for all future World Record Rampages (excluding MBG, which continues with rec/avi/mov/mp4) as default.
As this system does use its own versioning system, any future versions of this game that change the rrec version will not have their recordings work with the release version, and vice versa.

Whatever the case, I'm excited that we've made so much progress, and I'm looking forward to releasing Soon (TM).

Until next time,
Matan

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
The following user(s) said Thank You: J@ckRB, whirligig, eNetro, Enigma, MBOUltimate, NF, Nockess, Xedron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• whirligig
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 261
03 Jun 2017 19:37 #2
Dang it, you might beat Quaternion after all. I'm still three months from releasing Quaternion ...

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
  • Thank you received: 208
03 Jun 2017 22:12 - 03 Jun 2017 22:15 #3
Unbelievable. Sounds like a new age is finally coming -- I'm sure there are many of us around here, who aren't members of this newer community like me, who thought these days were never arriving. But holy crap, the recording system sounds exciting. I've been struggling with recording quality for quite a while, and this'll be exciting if I may soon participate in speedrunning MBP/PQ. You guys are seriously shaping this up to be the type of game experience that we can take with in our lives.

"it's the internet eguy. where children are men. men are monkeys, and women are PQ."
-Jeff 2014
Last edit: 03 Jun 2017 22:15 by Eguy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NF, Nockess, Evokrypt

• Thank you received: 69
04 Jun 2017 17:08 #4
Yes, I am also really very happy about the new recording system, and am looking forward to any new features which we may not have expected!! I know that everyone involved in this will have put LOTS of effort into every aspect of this. Look forward to the new music as well! Haha. Will have to wait to play this as I've got exams and other things this next month, but at least this will be the perfect reward.

SoundCloud page here:

• CylinderKnot
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Personal Text
  • Thank you received: 76
06 Jun 2017 23:35 #5
It's unfolding before our eyes. PQ THERe!

Signature

• Red_zone
  • Novice Marbler
  • Novice Marbler
  • when that cold brew hits
  • Thank you received: 2
12 Jun 2017 11:09 #6
I cant wait to see the full version. Will there be Multiplayer soon?

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.839 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.