• azful
  • azful's Avatar Topic Author
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • awa
  • Thank you received: 38
04 Feb 2021 16:43 #1
hi, im azful or just az

i was introduced to the game by kalle29 in november or so but have been too scared to really post here. i was a bit scared to join the discord server as well initially, but ive been interacting with the community on discord for a bit and just realized ive never said anything at all here :blush:

i work from home so i get a lot of time to play games and chat lol, so i am around

uuuhhh i dont really know what else to put here, but i hope to continue to make friends here and have fun <3

(=⌒‿‿⌒=)
The following user(s) said Thank You: NF, Connie, Yoshicraft224, Eclipsia, c0wmanglr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Doomblah
  • Marble Blast Veteran
  • Thank you received: 83
04 Feb 2021 16:47 #2
Hello! Welcome to the forums and to marble blast. I hope you enjoy your time here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NF, azful

• Thank you received: 406
04 Feb 2021 16:48 #3
Good to get a formal introduction here! It's been a lot of fun getting to know you and talk with you so far, and you're wonderful to have in this community and you make it better and stuff. Also I'm sorry that you're scared of posting on the forums—is it because it feels more formal or more official or something?
The following user(s) said Thank You: azful

• Connie
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • i code for balls
  • Thank you received: 64
04 Feb 2021 16:49 #4
hiii and welcome to the community!

For the best Marble Blast levels, head over to:
- marbleland.vaniverse.io/pack/18

connieofro.neocities.org/

[img

• azful
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • awa
04 Feb 2021 16:51 #5
hi nf! thank you, that means a lot jsdjsdjhzdhjdsh

and yes, it does feel a bit more formal - if i say something dumb on discord its like, kinda glossed over, but if i say something dumb here, its forever. though i have always preferred this format for discussing things

also i type like a 5 year old and that feels more accepted on discord lol

(=⌒‿‿⌒=)
The following user(s) said Thank You: NF

04 Feb 2021 16:56 #6

i have always preferred this format for discussing things

Yes this. This is why I would have preferred the forums to be the place where paragraphs of discussion take place. That way it is easily accessible without much scrolling, people can take more time to think about what they want to say, and there's generally less... anger I guess? between people when writing on the forums because it's not an instantaneous platform. While Discord does work for this, it's inconvenient because we have people interrupting discussions, replying to super old posts, and lots and lots of people typing a lot at once. It can get overwhelming, and so the forums are a much cleaner and clearer place for discussions like that.

• azful
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • awa
04 Feb 2021 16:56 #7
ok first i hope im using the reply function correctly because it didnt work in the last one LOL

but also hi alexis ilu and im also realizing my bio is super closer to your signature woop jahsdfjjdg

(=⌒‿‿⌒=)

• azful
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • awa
04 Feb 2021 17:06 #8

Nature Freak wrote: Yes this. This is why I would have preferred the forums to be the place where paragraphs of discussion take place. That way it is easily accessible without much scrolling, people can take more time to think about what they want to say, and there's generally less... anger I guess? between people when writing on the forums because it's not an instantaneous platform. While Discord does work for this, it's inconvenient because we have people interrupting discussions, replying to super old posts, and lots and lots of people typing a lot at once. It can get overwhelming, and so the forums are a much cleaner and clearer place for discussions like that.

okay cool so it doesnt do a blockquote thing, it wants me to manually quote stuff? i can do this yes

yeah, for sure. i like that there is more time to think and less pressure to reply because youre like, replying elsewhere, online, streaming, playing a game, whatever - i generally dislike the idea of things being done so fast and so instantaneously. text as a format in general is good for this, but especially on a more paced platform like this one

voice is fun and cool but for serious discussions kinda sucks, its better to be able to think through what youre saying, scroll up and reread/quote, etc. and i feel like instant messaging is a slightly better but not ideal version of this

that being said, im still quite a bit hesitant to participate in any discussion here actually involving the game yet LOL, for the same reason im more inclined to ask SRing questions in a more general mb channel on discord - just overall feeling a bit intimidated by the skill and hours put in by literally everyone else in the community

thanks for being patient with me when i do get those splurges of wanting to share gameplay/talk about stuff related to the game :) <3

(=⌒‿‿⌒=)

• Connie
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • i code for balls
04 Feb 2021 17:13 #9

azful wrote: but also hi alexis ilu and im also realizing my bio is super closer to your signature woop jahsdfjjdg

hewwwo ilu2 and yes ur bio is close to my signature thingy lmfao

[img

• azful
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • awa
04 Feb 2021 17:17 #10

StrawberryCake wrote: hewwwo ilu2 and yes ur bio is close to my signature thingy lmfao

JSDHFJSDH DO U WANT ME TO CHANGE IT

or maybe we can be matching :blush: (imagine theres a flushed emote here, the blush one doesnt hold the same connotations i feel like lol)

also i feel dumb bc my last post literally blockquoted right as i was saying it wouldnt LOL AHHHHHHHH PANIC

(=⌒‿‿⌒=)

• azful
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • awa
04 Feb 2021 17:19 #11
OKAY NEVERMIND it just shows up in blockquotes when im using the reply feature? but not when im just looking at the thread normally?

i am now revoking everything i said about this platform being easier and less anxiety inducing LMAO

(=⌒‿‿⌒=)

• Thank you received: 2
04 Feb 2021 17:19 #12
Hello! I hope you'll enjoy staying with the community.

• Connie
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • i code for balls
04 Feb 2021 17:20 #13

azful wrote:

StrawberryCake wrote: hewwwo ilu2 and yes ur bio is close to my signature thingy lmfao

or maybe we can be matching :blush: (imagine theres a flushed emote here, the blush one doesnt hold the same connotations i feel like lol)

I meeean if you wanna match then sure :point_right::point_left:

[img

04 Feb 2021 17:23 - 04 Feb 2021 17:24 #14

okay cool so it doesnt do a blockquote thing, it wants me to manually quote stuff?

Yes it's kind of unintuitive and annoying, hopefully the interface can be made better at some point.

i can do this yes

Yes ❤️

i like that there is more time to think and less pressure to reply

Yup for sure. I especially like the "more time to think" part, which is very important during serious and/or heated discussions. I also love how the forums separate everything by category, which is great for new members because if you want, for example, custom levels, you can just go to that category and everyone has their own level topic and stuff. I just really like how clean and organized everything is (although I have thoughts on how to improve it as well haha).

that being said, im still quite a bit hesitant to participate in any discussion here actually involving the game yet LOL, for the same reason im more inclined to ask SRing questions in a more general mb channel on discord - just overall feeling a bit intimidated by the skill and hours put in by literally everyone else in the community

I think that's very understandable and kind of a problem in this community. Because it's so ridiculously competitive and people are so crazily good at the game, it's really hard for newer or less skilled players (who really represent the majority) to feel represented and respected even though they're not right up there with the disgustingly good players. I think we need to be more welcoming in general to players who are just starting to learn. Basically, I think a good goal for this community is that no one should feel scared or intimidated to post anything or ask any questions.

thanks for being patient with me when i do get those splurges of wanting to share gameplay/talk about stuff related to the game :) <3

Of course! It's just so much fun to spend time with you no matter what, whether you're playing or just talking, so I enjoy it regardless!
Last edit: 04 Feb 2021 17:24 by NF. Reason: The quotes have an automatic new line after them but not before and I hate it

• azful
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • awa
04 Feb 2021 17:24 #15

StrawberryCake wrote:

azful wrote:

YES THATS CUTE rdsfgfghfjg

(=⌒‿‿⌒=)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Connie

• Connie
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • i code for balls
04 Feb 2021 17:28 #16

azful wrote:

StrawberryCake wrote:

azful wrote:

YES THATS CUTE rdsfgfghfjg

aww hell yeahh
uwu

[img

• azful
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • awa
04 Feb 2021 17:42 - 04 Feb 2021 17:43 #17
your edit was cute LOL

Nature Freak wrote: Yup for sure. I especially like the "more time to think" part, which is very important during serious and/or heated discussions. I also love how the forums separate everything by category, which is great for new members because if you want, for example, custom levels, you can just go to that category and everyone has their own level topic and stuff. I just really like how clean and organized everything is (although I have thoughts on how to improve it as well haha).

yes, the organization is definitely a plus. i also like how easy it is to read back on super old stuff just to make sure im not asking a question thats been asked a million times. this is especially useful while im making my entire game pink bahahah

I think that's very understandable and kind of a problem in this community. Because it's so ridiculously competitive and people are so crazily good at the game, it's really hard for newer or less skilled players (who really represent the majority) to feel represented and respected even though they're not right up there with the disgustingly good players. I think we need to be more welcoming in general to players who are just starting to learn. Basically, I think a good goal for this community is that no one should feel scared or intimidated to post anything or ask any questions.

your use of the word disgustingly here made me laugh quite a bit LOL. it certainly helps that my boyfriend is one of those disgustingly good players, i cant imagine what it would be like if i stumbled upon the game organically without knowing anyone prior. that being said, i would see more room for growth in there being more guidance in the game itself, and with some of the things that are just taken as normal in the community to have better guides and such? (such as our discussion about rating and the lbs yesterday.) i think any good game should be able to be played to its fullest without needing any prior knowledge or social connections or supplements. then again, its easy to just say im dumb and should be able to figure it out, so im not sure lol.

ive definitely felt welcomed by the majority of the community, while the polar opposite from others. i can see why that might be discouraging to some, though i dont think theres much room for improvement via any concrete actions taken there - some people will just be like that, and the best way to change the overall culture of a community is through conscious effort. i would just continue being as you are, sweet to newer players. <3

Of course! It's just so much fun to spend time with you no matter what, whether you're playing or just talking, so I enjoy it regardless!

OH STOP NF IM GONNA CRY SJDGNSDKGJNKS i hope to hang out in the server a bit more since im a bit motivated by getting better times lol. still need to figure out how to play online with my texture pack though because i still dont get it hdsjhfjh thats a whole can of worms im not looking forward to

(=⌒‿‿⌒=)
Last edit: 04 Feb 2021 17:43 by azful. Reason: redundancy

• Blasted
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Speedrunner and Level Maker
  • Thank you received: 105
04 Feb 2021 18:02 - 04 Feb 2021 18:04 #18
There is an edit button you can use to edit your posts. You don't need to post two times.

Welcome, though. I already know you, but it is nice to see a proper introduction.
Last edit: 04 Feb 2021 18:04 by Blasted. Reason: Demonstrating what editing a post can do.

• azful
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • awa
04 Feb 2021 18:08 #19

Blasted wrote: There is an edit button you can use to edit your posts. You don't need to post two times.

Welcome, though. I already know you, but it is nice to see a proper introduction.

thank you :) and yes, nice to, er, re-meet you lol. <3

(=⌒‿‿⌒=)

• Kalle29
  • I blame ping for losing
  • Thank you received: 754
04 Feb 2021 19:10 #20
Welcome to the community! I hope you will enjoy your stay here :3

༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽ You have been visited by the Nivea™ Donger of moisture. Soft skin and good fortune will come to you, but only if you post "thank you Mr. Skeltal" in this thread ༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽

• Thank you received: 2
04 Feb 2021 19:11 #21
thank you Mr.Skeltal

• azful
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • awa
04 Feb 2021 19:13 #22

Kalle29 wrote: Welcome to the community! I hope you will enjoy your stay here :3

thank you :3 <3 <3 <3

nice to meet you mr General Kalle29 the King of Mines ;)

thank you Mr. Skeltal

(=⌒‿‿⌒=)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kalle29, NF

• Thank you received: 31
04 Feb 2021 19:18 #23
Life tip: monky

04 Feb 2021 19:57 #24

i also like how easy it is to read back on super old stuff just to make sure im not asking a question thats been asked a million times. this is especially useful while im making my entire game pink bahahah

Yeah that's a really good aspect of the forums and also it's a good point—there should be tutorials and stuff on how to do all that so that people don't have to feel so lost about what they're doing. We need more resources! Even with having an account here for over six years, I still have no idea how to do something like that.

i would see more room for growth in there being more guidance in the game itself, and with some of the things that are just taken as normal in the community to have better guides and such?

There definitely should be more guides and a dedicated spot for new members and a place explaining everything that they will encounter by joining the community and stuff. That's a really good idea, so thank you!

i think any good game should be able to be played to its fullest without needing any prior knowledge or social connections or supplements.

Absolutely. More people would probably enjoy this game if it wasn't such a hassle to figure out.

then again, its easy to just say im dumb and should be able to figure it out, so im not sure lol.

Easy ≠ correct! You are absolutely not dumb! If anything, I think that's a sign that things are too complicated to figure out around here, and does not imply lack of intelligence on your part. It's definitely not your fault!

i dont think theres much room for improvement via any concrete actions taken there - some people will just be like that, and the best way to change the overall culture of a community is through conscious effort.

I fully agree with this. I'll do what I can individually though.

im a bit motivated by getting better times lol.

YAY that's great! The leaderboards are great but still could be better haha

still need to figure out how to play online with my texture pack though because i still dont get it hdsjhfjh thats a whole can of worms im not looking forward to

Yuppp I don't blame you. That's going to take some time but it'll totally be worth it and you'll be able to write a guide on how to do it afterward!

• Thank you received: 96
04 Feb 2021 22:18 #25
joj

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
05 Feb 2021 06:01 #26
Welcome Az!

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

• Thank you received: 43
05 Feb 2021 06:22 #27
Welcome to Marble Blast and our forums!
Hope you enjoy your stay :)

• azful
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • awa
05 Feb 2021 19:59 #28

Nature Freak wrote: Even with having an account here for over six years, I still have no idea how to do something like that.

i am writing stuff down as i go so i can share if needed ^^ its super fun!!

There definitely should be more guides and a dedicated spot for new members and a place explaining everything that they will encounter by joining the community and stuff. That's a really good idea, so thank you!

yeah!! i introduced the game to my server, and seeing the way they react to things and figure things out organically is super fun even for me, but its also evident that there isnt a lot of direction initially, lol. one of the first things kalle told me was to play the mbg levels, but my friends thought they were to play the pq levels first since they were told "play pq". it would be cool if there was some little snippet explaining the differences between the games? unless i am missing somewhere that that exists, i dont think i would know without being told by an existing player.

Easy ≠ correct! You are absolutely not dumb! If anything, I think that's a sign that things are too complicated to figure out around here, and does not imply lack of intelligence on your part. It's definitely not your fault!

awww! you are too sweet. i think at least some of it is slowness on my end though LOL, there are some things that seem intuitive to even other new players (my aforementioned friends) but not myself. diagonal movement is the biggest example....lol. that being said, i think you are right that some things could be a bit more beginner-friendly in the way they are presented or explained :)

YAY that's great! The leaderboards are great but still could be better haha

oh im not even playing online LOL i just like seeing the little yellow border around the levels...makes me happy :blush:

Yuppp I don't blame you. That's going to take some time but it'll totally be worth it and you'll be able to write a guide on how to do it afterward!

yes!! im excited and ill keep you posted!

(=⌒‿‿⌒=)

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.121 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.