file Hello

• Thank you received: 0
27 Mar 2014 20:50 #1
Hello, I am @@ (unconventional username, I know. It is pronounced a-Tat, like Ratatat without the rat in the beginning). I used to play MBU on my xbox a ton before I went to school, mostly single player but I was well ranked on both single and multi-player (I forgot where I was exactly, it's been a while). During my MBU days my gamertag was WizardMango, followed by STOADS WizMango, followed by DJ F00P. I created the @@ name after I stopped playing xbox, maybe some people remember me but I don't expect that.

Anyway, I found this site because one of my friends from high school messaged me out of the blue that he found a pc port of MBU. I was super excited to be able to play again and upon opening it I saw there were a ton custom levels, which meant there had to be a community making these levels. I searched for a community, interested in whether or not it was still active and I can say I am pleasantly surprised. Now, I have done a bit of research and found that this port of MBU is illegal and I shouldn't have had it in the first place so I deleted it. Again through research I found an active community with MBP, however I have some reservations. To be honest, I didn't really like MBG nearly as much as MBU. The ascetics and controls of MBU just felt a million times better to me. What are some improvements on MBU that MBP has (I realize it is a sequel to MBG not MBU but given it has been developed long after MBU I assume some things have been integrated or improved since MBU). Is there any way to make the game feel more like MBU? If there are, I'll definitely give it a shot, otherwise I'm really not sure how much I'll play.

That aside, I'm a Sophomore at Carnegie Mellon University studying Information Systems and Chinese, I have a strong interest in Chinese culture, geography, and rhythm games. I am very active in the ITG and Stepmania community. I have been to China twice for 2 month visits each time and will be there again this summer for three months to work and in the fall I will be in Qatar at CMU's campus there. That's about all you need to know about me. Hopefully I'll be around.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• MBKid
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • XXXquickscoperXXX
  • Thank you received: 35
28 Mar 2014 22:31 #2
Hello and welcome to the forums! hope you have fun here!

I played marble blast

• Thank you received: 123
28 Mar 2014 22:46 #3
Hello, and welcome to these forums! Enjoy yourself here!

I believe that you can actually play MarbleBlast with a joystick, if that's something you'd want to do. How much of MBP/G have you played so far?

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
29 Mar 2014 01:20 #4
Hey there and welcome!

MBP was developed in 2006/7 and released in 07. It is NOT an official Marble Blast game, but a free full-scale modification made by members of the community. As such MBP uses the MBG engine.
MBU uses the same code as MBG, but its engine is based on TGEA 1.6(or 8?) (MBG uses a customized engine based on TGE 1.1 [2001 engine]), which not only has better graphics, but better physics and multiplayer.

If you'd like to play MBP with a controller we recommend a wired x360 controller with xPadder. since it has some support, but there are better programs (cannot remember the names atm) which allow you to bind keyboard keys to your controller so it's a lot better.

MBP Beta 3 coming later today so you'll be able to test it out.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• Thank you received: 15
29 Mar 2014 01:27 #5
Welcome to the forums! I don't play Marble Blast much anymore, if at all, and I'm way less active here than I used to be. I still hang out here from time to time, however, especially when new members come along. :)

• Thank you received: 368
30 Mar 2014 14:40 #6
Hi there, welcome to the Marble Blast community! I am honestly amazed you were able to find our site so easily. I really should sit down with HiGuy and work on meta tags so this new website is the top of Google's PageRank for Marble Blast.

I know Ray liked to play MBG/MBP with a gamepad controller, and I am not sure if Dushine did as well, but I was able to use a generic $20 Logitech Gamepad with Marble Blast without any issues. The physics are slightly different between MBG and MBU, but the recent Beta builds of MBP are fairly close to the competitive style of MBU. If you get a dull moment at College (which, let's be honest, happens very rarely), definitely give MBP Beta a shot. I am sure the development team is open to feedback, especially from a gamepad controller.

Enjoy your stay, we hope to see you around!
~Aayrl

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
31 Mar 2014 02:30 - 31 Mar 2014 02:33 #7
Another Pennsylvanian person :D Was thinking about applying to CMU myself for computer science (Senior in highschool at the moment) but decided not too.

I don't do much with MB anymore, but I'm still around. I used to be on the development team of MBP, did a lot of the multiplayer and leaderboard programming, but have moved on to other programming projects.

Welcome!

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.
Last edit: 31 Mar 2014 02:33 by Jeff.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
  • Thank you received: 191
02 Apr 2014 21:51 #8
Welcome to the Land of Marbles! Here at Marbles, you can opt to donate money, or leave (free of charge). Alternatively, you can dazzle us with your epic violin skills to earn yourself a position of unprecedented dictatorship over us all. The choice is yours!

We hope you enjoy your stay nonetheless.

About me: I am a warrior.

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.852 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.