file It's been a while...

• Technostar
  • Technostar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • I Factorial
  • Thank you received: 40
03 Dec 2014 02:38 #1
Hello. My name is Technostar, and I have played Marble Blast tonight for the first time in 3 years.

Some of you (Buzzmusic in particular) might remember me from when I was active under my dad's account (Mr. E.) (I was 10 at the time). I was straight-out addicted to this game. I played levels, built levels, made videos, and even tried my hand at a custom 0-gravity trigger. Then, 3 years ago, I vanished without a trace, leaving behind a few good (and a few bad) custom levels. Where have I been all this time? Well, this is what this post is about, isn't it?

Also note that I have not been completely blind to the happenings of this forum. I know that we switched over to a new host and MBP 1.50 came out (Nice work Jeff and HiGuy), and I know that PQ is STILL not out (C'mon, it's been 5 years).

It all started in January 2008. One day, at my elementary school, a group of kids was clustered around the class computer (It was a 2004 Mac) playing a video game with some catchy tunes. I tried my hand at it, and it was pretty fun! I went home that day and had my dad purchase this game called "Marble Blast Gold". Ever since that fateful day, I have been a Gamer.

In 2010, I finally figured out how to make custom levels. For about a year, I messed around with the level editor until my skills were fairly good. By 2011, I had custom levels ready to share with the community. I persuaded my dad to create an account and post my level. I still remember the excitement I felt at uploading that level (It was really bland, but at the time, I still did not know how to use constructor). It was met with constructive criticism, and pretty soon I was uploading a level every weekend.

I continued this level-building spree until I had made about 30 levels. During this time, I also conceived of a mod idea. The idea was to recreate Marble Blast in the torque game engine with better graphics and new mechanics. Of course, given that I had little experience with HD graphics, complex models, or leading a group, and no experience at all programming... The project never got anywhere beyond a list of 7 ideas for the mod that was thrown into the graveyard where so many other naive mod ideas went. Nonetheless, I kept on playing Marble Blast, until the next fateful day occurred...

It was in June 2012. I had one of my friends over. He was showing me this video game called "Minecraft". The next day, I watched some tutorials, started playing Minecraft, and am still addicted to it.

Loads of good has come out of Minecraft for me: I actually am good at design, I now know how to program using Java, and I have learned the patience it takes to complete a project that takes over 100 hours of work.

One of my best builds so far in Minecraft:

I could go into a lot more detail, but that would be a case of tl,dr.

Anyways, I will probably be checking in occasionally, maybe even releasing a custom level or 2 if I ever download constructor onto my new Windows laptop.

Also, I noticed that Marble Blast is now free to download from this website (That's how I played it on my new Windows). A few questions about that: Can you play MBP if you have that version of Marble Blast? Also, what ever happened with IAC? I thought they made it impossible to legally download a copy onto a Windows computer?

System.out.println("Hello");

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 368
03 Dec 2014 03:50 #2
Welcome back! It's always nice to see old faces.

~Aayrl

• Buzzmusic
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • I make levels and songs.
  • Thank you received: 145
03 Dec 2014 04:30 #3
Welcome back, Tech! :lol: Glad to see you're getting interested in the community again. We should play multiplayer together sometime!

All posts from my account that were made before July 29 2013 are from the point of view of my dad unless it states otherwise.

• Battlecube314
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • 100% Gold/Ultimate/Awesome!!
  • Thank you received: 155
03 Dec 2014 05:18 - 03 Dec 2014 05:21 #4
Welcome back, Technostar! I remember I played some of your levels, such as Green Pass, Out and Back, Green Brick Tower, and the Color Fold series! Those were all very well-designed levels! Have fun in MBP 1.50 and the new Winter event features!

And now, MBP 1.50 is available for free download. You just need to download the launcher, and running the launcher will automatically download and update the game files. And don't worry about IAC, they haven't done anything interfering with Marble Blast and it's been nearly 4 years since that got the rights from GG.
Last edit: 03 Dec 2014 05:21 by Battlecube314.

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
03 Dec 2014 16:19 #5
This is a treat to see you! I kept wondering what happened to you and your father whenever you vanished! Welcome back, always great to see old people return! :)

- Jeff

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

• StewMan46
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 46
03 Dec 2014 17:11 #6
Hey, welcome back!! :D

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
  • Thank you received: 447
03 Dec 2014 18:02 #7
Welcome back! You'll see a lot of new faces around here now (including me :P)

I play Minecraft as well btw; that's quite an impressive build you have there.

• Thank you received: 123
03 Dec 2014 21:28 #8
Hello, and welcome back! I remember you! :)

Nice introduction, too. I could never build something like that in Minecraft, for I have absolutely no decent creative ability. :P Looks cool!

• CheepFishMBP
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • I am currently inactive.
  • Thank you received: 14
04 Dec 2014 03:18 #9
Welcome back! Better than ever!

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.992 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.