file Hi!

• Exuro89
  • Exuro89's Avatar Topic Author
  • New Marbler
  • New Marbler
  • Thank you received: 0
01 Aug 2016 00:55 #1
How's it going?

I recently got back into playing/messing around in Marble Blast Gold/Ultra(It's been almost 10 years since I first played Ultra :o). I was wanting to make a game and figured I'd try my shot at a clone of this so for the last week or so I've been playing these games a bunch to remember how they feel and have had a lot of relit memories.

Is there any information on how some of the marble movement was done? After experimenting with movement I've noticed it's a lot more interesting than your standard ball with physics(like the odd alternating angular velocities when you move in the air and just hold jump forever). I know the devs never posted code of it but I figured a few people have at least tried to emulate it. The stickied advanced techniques thread was pretty helpful. If there's a better place to ask this let me know!

Anyways, nice to meet you guys in advanced!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Three
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • level designer
  • Thank you received: 349
02 Aug 2016 05:05 - 02 Aug 2016 05:05 #2
Welcome!

If you've got questions like that, I'm sure Jeff or HiGuy can answer them.

Follow me on twitter at @threefolder
Last edit: 02 Aug 2016 05:05 by Three.

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
02 Aug 2016 07:29 - 02 Aug 2016 07:30 #3
Heyo and welcome.

If you have questions about the marble physics, I have spent waaay too much time replicating them for bullet physics, and could give you some pointers if you're trying something similar. Jeff could also tell you stuff about this, but if you mention the marble bouncing when it crosses the intersection of two triangles on a trimesh then he'll have Torque3D flashbacks :)

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
Last edit: 02 Aug 2016 07:30 by HiGuy.

• ImNotAllThatGood
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Back as of June 2018.
  • Thank you received: 17
02 Aug 2016 14:38 #4
Hi, great to meet you!
I can probably familiarize you with things around this community, but yeah, for what you're trying to do there, I am not a coder. You'll probably have to talk to HiGuy, Jeff, or Threefolder. They are our developers here.
My full user name is kind of long, it's "I'm Not All That Good" but you can just call me "INATG" like I sign every one of my posts with.

-INATG

I'm just a 15 year old who's been playing MB for over a decade and can be annoying at times.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.888 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.