exclamation-circle STOP II 1.4u1 - This Week

• Jiquor
  • Jiquor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • STOPX Creator
  • Thank you received: 155
05 Aug 2021 19:48 - 30 Aug 2021 06:28 #1
Greetings to this Community! Updates to the post are in bold.

STOP II will be getting a small update this week or the next. This update will primarily focus on reverting physics (by choice) and it will also correct some visual bugs. For the important change-logs, look at the spoiler.

Warning: Spoiler!

BLUE NOTE: Nockess' stages may be moved to the D.L.C section under the Directors Cut and replaced with some new and fun ones, but this still needs confirmation. Nockess prefers them to be played immediately rather than later, and we give *him permission to upload stages that were created by *him to PlatinumQuest. You can view *his recent stage on the Forums (the preview looks really good).

PURPLE NOTE: It was either we were going to re-name this modification to NOT have anything to do with "Marble Blast" to make it seem like a strange hybrid of the game that's entirely different to not confuse the new physics, or we were going to allow users of this community to switch back to the old ones so if they wish upon installing or modifying the game with the installer.
After an 11 to 3 general Discord vote, we will be offering players with an option to play with the old physics, but they will still get their modern patch for interior collision properties. Don't worry, the physics will remain exactly the same, it's just hacky-stuff with interiors that has changed. If you still decide to play with the new physics, you'll get a bonus award in-game, and your Pentagon count on Discord will increase if you prove to be playing with the new physics consistently. Users will be able to choose between the old and new physics to appeal to this community and all other communities outside of this small marble hub.

GREEN NOTE: Thanks to MindsEye's creative installer, the installer will pull from a source which will update your game contents accordingly. This new installer will thankfully keep your save data intact unless you wish to destroy it yourself and start fresh. However, we know there are technical issues in the world, and we know this is very hacky technology, so if you happen to lose data you otherwise did not want to lose, and you have proof of your progress, you can submit a ticket to Tekannabrand Feed on Discord or to Tekannabrand's e-mail address and we will resolve the problem for you, restoring your data to a condition that is "suitable" of your old progress.

For a complete #to-do list, check out our Discord. You'll need to install the game to see it or ask someone for an invitation.

LAST POST
For those who got this far into reading, this is my last (new) post on the Forum, not including Time Capsule updates. We will have communications still open for this marble blast hybrid on Discord and we also have our Wikia. In due time, we may have more places for general communication. I will be using my account to update the downloads page and to participate in time capsules, but honestly it's time I left this place. [strike]I doubt I'll be missed but it was fun being here for a few years.[/strike] Maybe I'm wrong after hearing what I've heard lately. Thanks everyone for all the good and bad memories.

STOPX Creator. Getting better by every release.
Last edit: 30 Aug 2021 06:28 by Jiquor. Reason: Date Closer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kalle29, Steven

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Steven
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Marble Blast bug hunter
  • Thank you received: 20
06 Aug 2021 19:28 #2
To be honest, I think you will be missed by many.

If there's a bug, YO! I'll report it!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jiquor

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
10 Aug 2021 08:50 #3
Hi Isoplere!

I just wanted to say thank you for all the hard work you've put into MB STOP and STOP II over the years. It's super impressive that you've managed to release two mods during the time in which only a handful of others were completed, and I hope the criticism you've gotten hasn't stopped you from creating what you enjoy. Best of luck on your future projects, wherever you may announce them.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jiquor, Weather

• Jiquor
  • Jiquor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • STOPX Creator
  • Thank you received: 155
22 Aug 2021 23:28 #4
Still creating what I enjoy, and I appreciate constructive feedback very much. All of it has helped this modification improve and my overall skill-sets improve vastly.

I'll still be updating the downloads page here but my forum days live on.

STOPX Creator. Getting better by every release.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.093 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.