• STOPX Creator
  • Thank you received: 155
23 Apr 2017 23:02 #1
This Thread contains the current leaked levels of the following:

Tutorial Level 1: "Basics" by Jiquor

Beginner Level 11: "Hazardous Marble Beach" by Jiquor

Beginner Level 27: "Shocking Energy" by Rosie

Beginner Level 35: "Building Scaffold" by Jiquor

Beginner Level 90: "Dark Alley Collection" by Jiquor; concept by Mr. Jackland, my High School Teacher

STOPX Creator. Getting better by every release.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
  • Thank you received: 786
23 Apr 2017 23:05 #2
Interesting new look on the tiles. The only thing I don't really like about it is how much the black stands out in the corners of the tiles. Pay attention to the first picture and look at some of the lower parts of the interior. It looks a little weird.
Aside from that, looking good. Good progress so far.

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5

• Jiquor
  • Jiquor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • STOPX Creator
23 Apr 2017 23:07 - 23 Apr 2017 23:08 #3
I'm glad you approve. The black parts on the tiles weren't exactly intentional at first, but then I thought it would work out somehow. However, that's just me. LOL

On second thought, I think I just thought of a weird way that might fix the problem, but I'm going to look at that for a potential fix in about (oh, a week or two.)

Last edit: 23 Apr 2017 23:08 by Jiquor.

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
  • Thank you received: 447
23 Apr 2017 23:22 #4
Beginner level 90? Meaning the 90th beginner? or the 90th total level?

• Jiquor
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • STOPX Creator
23 Apr 2017 23:43 #5

Frostfire wrote: Beginner level 90? Meaning the 90th beginner? or the 90th total level?

Seems like a silly way to ask a question. It's the 90th beginner level, but it's the 96th level of the total levels (106 so far.)

A quick refresher for how many levels in each packet there will be:

Tutorial: 6 | Beginner: 100 | Intermediate: 100 | Advanced: 75 | Expert: 50 | Ultimate: 25

The following user(s) said Thank You: PacPlayer

• Thank you received: 198
24 Apr 2017 07:59 #6
"Tutorial: 6"

pls no learning to roll, jump, super jump, speed boost, anti-recoil, super bounce levels

lee is awesome

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
  • Thank you received: 188
24 Apr 2017 09:33 #7
Looks great so far, I hope those MBP textures are placeholders and you will be able to do your own versions eventually ;)

Also, I'm not sure where you are making your shapes but if you are doing them in blender then there is simple way to fix dark shading on those umbrellas. Every time you scale something up or down in blender it produces that dark effect. What you do is select all the objects then hit crtl+A, then apply both of these:

One thing to note though that if your shape is really small in general and you scale it up in marble blast it will still turn dark (similar to things like shockabsorbers etc), so it's a good practice to scale object up in blender to size close to desired and most commonly used one. :)
If you have any other questions about blender feel free to ask.

Looking forward for more

Some guy that does DTS shapes and levels.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
makes life easier for you and everyone else :)

• Jiquor
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • STOPX Creator
24 Apr 2017 16:30 #8

Lee wrote: "Tutorial: 6"

pls no learning to roll, jump, super jump, speed boost, anti-recoil, super bounce levels

Tutorial levels will be an optional thing. You won't HAVE to play Tutorial Levels unless you'd want to:
- beat all the Yield and STOP Times
- collect all the Octagons
- find a hidden secret that I'm not disclosing

So before you be a doosh on my thread I suggest you think. :P

• Jiquor
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • STOPX Creator
24 Apr 2017 16:31 - 25 Apr 2017 20:11 #9

RDs.Империя wrote: One thing to note though that if your shape is really small in general and you scale it up in marble blast it will still turn dark.

I've started to notice things like that. I think when I finish every level in the game, I'm going to do a makeover on the shapes - make them large and have great shading.

RDs.Империя wrote: Looks great so far, I hope those MBP textures are placeholders and you will be able to do your own versions eventually ;)
Looking forward for more

I just noticed this comment. To be bluntly honest, some of the textures look VERY, if ACCURATELY similar to some of MBP's textures.
They didn't come from the root folder of MBP - I photoshopped the old walls and made them more... bolder like MBP did.

HOWEVER. The friction textures, along with the sand came from MBP. I'm using them as placeholders while Zac (Beaujibby) creates new high quality frictions.

Last edit: 25 Apr 2017 20:11 by Jiquor.

• Three
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • level designer
  • Thank you received: 349
24 Apr 2017 20:06 #10

Jiquor wrote: Tutorial levels will be an optional thing. You won't HAVE to play Tutorial Levels unless you'd want to:
- beat all the Yield and STOP Times
- collect all the Octagons
- find a hidden secret that I'm not disclosing

Uhh, that's like saying that you don't have to play the MBP Intermediate levels unless you want to get all the PTs/UTs/Easter Eggs.
If you want to make the tutorials truly optional, I would get rid of all 'special' times (Yield/STOP) and not hide any secrets (Octagons/whatever) in them.

Follow me on twitter at @threefolder

• eblu
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • (formerly eboyblue3)
  • Thank you received: 54
25 Apr 2017 01:41 #11
a few things

1. it's not a leak if you mean to reveal it. a leak is when information about something you make gets out to the public.
2. dude, you're overdoing it with the levels. i mean, it's cool that you're aspiring to hit your ambitious goal, but your creative juices run dry eventually. for reference, the original super mario bros. had 32 levels, and the original sonic the hedgehog had 16 if i'm not mistaken. if you want to compare it to same games in the genre, super monkey ball had 70 floors in the main game. try to think about your levels and be a bit more conservative about them.
3. i like the variation in levels so far, however. they look like they each have their own atmosphere.
4. the textures could use some work, though. the floor tiles aren't playing nice with my eyes.

IsraeliRD wrote: The...

come discord brah: eblu#8048
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frostfire, Nockess, Weather

• Jiquor
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • STOPX Creator
25 Apr 2017 05:23 - 25 Apr 2017 05:52 #12

eboyblue3 wrote: it's not a leak if you mean to reveal it. a leak is when information about something you make gets out to the public.

yeah and these things i made did get out to the public so they're leaks. you probably don't know what it means :P

2. dude, you're overdoing it with the levels. i mean, it's cool that you're aspiring to hit your ambitious goal, but your creative juices run dry eventually. for reference, the original super mario bros. had 32 levels, and the original sonic the hedgehog had 16 if i'm not mistaken. if you want to compare it to same games in the genre, super monkey ball had 70 floors in the main game. try to think about your levels and be a bit more conservative about them.

you can't tell me i'm overdoing it with the levels because you really haven't seen all my examples, besides this is just your opinion.
and fyi, i do think about all my levels VERY hard and try to come up with new ideas before i make the actual level - about two levels a week maximum
i've slowed down to make changes to the beginner section though and patch a lot of things up.
i'd honestly keep these things to yourself to avoid offending people, it's not criticism your giving, your just being rude and obnoxious.

3. i like the variation in levels so far, however. they look like they each have their own atmosphere.

ok for a guy like you, i assumed something unfriendly, but this actually surprised me. thank you :D

4. the textures could use some work, though. the floor tiles aren't playing nice with my eyes.

i agree, i'm making changes to the floor tiles for the third time - i'm fixing the black spots because they are kinda playing with me during speedruns and i'm getting annoyed with it -______-

Last edit: 25 Apr 2017 05:52 by Jiquor. Reason: minor text fixes

• Thank you received: 198
25 Apr 2017 11:41 #13
leak (noun)
an intentional disclosure of secret information.
"one of the employees was responsible for the leak"
synonyms: disclosure, revelation, exposé, leakage, tip-off, hot tip
"leaks to the media"

So they're pretty much teasers.

lee is awesome

• Thank you received: 91
25 Apr 2017 13:36 #14
i am still against the idea of making a mod but i will give credit where its due and say that hazardous marble beach and building scaffold look really good

also come discord

• Jiquor
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • STOPX Creator
25 Apr 2017 16:22 - 15 Mar 2019 21:51 #15

Lee wrote: leak (noun)
an intentional disclosure of secret information.
"one of the employees was responsible for the leak"
synonyms: disclosure, revelation, exposé, leakage, tip-off, hot tip
"leaks to the media".

lee, these are intentionally revealed secrets that ive released to the public
teasers CAN be leaks

Last edit: 15 Mar 2019 21:51 by Jiquor.

• Jiquor
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • STOPX Creator
25 Apr 2017 16:25 #16

hPerks wrote: The hell? Give this guy a break on the "leaks" thing. No one minded when it was Quaternion...

I'm very impressed by your effort. The levels you've shown there look like great mod fodder - yes, not every level will be the pinnacle of creativity but these at least look well-made and graphically interesting. If every level is like this then I think this mod can be a great success.

One of my issues with having this many levels is from a marketing perspective - people will tend to be overwhelmed if you release too much stuff at once, and they won't know where to start. It might sound counter-intuitive, but it might be more effective if you release the levels in stages, maybe 30-50 levels at a time. This way, people can really dig into each one and appreciate it, instead of just running through the whole thing and kind of glossing over it. The paradox of choice says that when you give people fewer options at a time, they are more satisfied with your product, because the burden of choice is lessened. I think the same kind of thing might apply in terms of levels. Just my POV.

Anyway, seems like you're on fire - keep it up!

A good reason why I cut Advanced to 75, Expert to 50, and Ultimate to 25 is because of some of the reasons (and yours), mentioned above. To clarify, when the game releases, pretty much every couple of months I'd be releasing DLC's for the game, which are totally optional - no octagons, and no Yield/STOP times.

• Jiquor
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • STOPX Creator
25 Apr 2017 16:26 #17

snowbody wrote: i am still against the idea of making a mod but i will give credit where its due and say that hazardous marble beach and building scaffold look really good

also come discord

Appreciate it Snowbody!
You don't have to make a mod. But I'm glad you approve my work. CX

Also, I might take up Discord again.

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
25 Apr 2017 19:47 #18
(Off-topic:) FYI you may want to use a hr to combine responses into one post (also editing posts)

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.099 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.