lightbulb 100 levels might not work

• Nathan125
  • Nathan125's Avatar Topic Author
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Thank you received: 8
26 Apr 2017 00:51 #1
I've been thinking this for a while about MB Stop 2 having 100 levels for each category and in my standers I don't think you should do that. Because the game might take longer with designs, Level Construction, and ideas. The minim I think you should have would be around 50 or so like in the original Marble Blast that way the game would be released quicker and not released in a far future when the MB Community might not hold anymore.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
  • Thank you received: 786
26 Apr 2017 01:05 - 27 Apr 2017 03:22 #2
Keep in mind that you don't want mods to be released as early as possible because that would probably mean that Jiquor would rush to finish the project and then the game wouldn't be as good as it could've been if Jiquor had gone slowly.
I understand you worrying that the community might die soon, but with PQ just around the corner, I can basically guarantee you that the community will be long from dying, even to the point where it will get much bigger and some of the older players will return to have a taste of their own.
Jiquor's developing the game at a great speed right now. Be patient. :)

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5
Last edit: 27 Apr 2017 03:22 by Nockess.

• Jiquor
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • STOPX Creator
  • Thank you received: 155
26 Apr 2017 02:19 - 26 Apr 2017 02:20 #3
I'm not rushing this project. It will take as long as it needs to.

Even I'm going at a reasonable speed to get the modification finished. The community here won't die anytime soon either.

Also, I don't think you've read yet, but you probably should know and read that each packet isn't going to have 100 levels. Only the Beginner and Intermediate sections have those numbers. Advanced, Expert, and Ultimate are decreasingly small in Level count.

By the way, if you are going to complain about my modification, please don't do so here and post something like this elsewhere.

STOPX Creator. Getting better by every release.
Last edit: 26 Apr 2017 02:20 by Jiquor.

• eblu
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • (formerly eboyblue3)
  • Thank you received: 54
26 Apr 2017 15:36 #4

Jiquor wrote: By the way, if you are going to complain about my modification, please don't do so here and post something like this elsewhere.

Criticism helps to improve something. If you don't accept criticism then your game will probably be much worse.

People can post criticism in this board. It's your choice whether you want to listen.

IsraeliRD wrote: The...

come discord brah: eblu#8048

• Jiquor
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • STOPX Creator
26 Apr 2017 17:06 - 26 Apr 2017 17:15 #5
eboy, the kind of criticism he's giving is not criticism - it's him complaining that i should finish my modification faster which i'm not going to rush it

Criticism helps to improve something. If you don't accept criticism then your game will probably be much worse.

not accepting criticism doesn't make the game worse LOL

eboy stop trying to seek attention and go be rude elsewhere ok

Attachments:
Last edit: 26 Apr 2017 17:15 by Jiquor.

• Regislian
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 255
26 Apr 2017 18:57 - 26 Apr 2017 18:58 #6

Jiquor wrote: eboy, the kind of criticism he's giving is not criticism - it's him complaining that i should finish my modification faster which i'm not going to rush it

not accepting criticism doesn't make the game worse LOL

eboy stop trying to seek attention and go be rude elsewhere ok

First of all, the pictures you showed look promising, keep it up.

Now, to be honest, the only person I see being rude is you. You are the only one actually attacking people personally.

It's fine if you don't agree with what people post about your mod. If you want to explain why you don't agree with them, that's also fine. The point of a forum is to have people share their different views on any given topic. To me it seems like you are interpreting those different views as personal attacks to you, while they aren't.
Last edit: 26 Apr 2017 18:58 by Regislian.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Three, Ralph, Derpky, Frostfire, NF, Nockess, Xedron

• Jiquor
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • STOPX Creator
26 Apr 2017 19:09 - 26 Apr 2017 19:10 #7
Here's the cycle I keep seeing:

- I post something about my mod
- Negative criticism and an attack is written on me
- I defend myself and my mod and show them the door
- Someone steps in to defend their statement and not mine
- Thank you's come in to piss me off on the other posts because they agree that my mod is bad and will always be negative about it

also apologies if I've come across as rude, I've been on edge all week but that's no excuse to take it out on other people on the forum.
Part of it is a lot of negative and rude criticism, joking or not. I'm wanting to see criticism but in a nice way instead of a rude way like Eboy's posts

Last edit: 26 Apr 2017 19:10 by Jiquor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Evokrypt, CylinderKnot

• Ralph
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Matan's Fervent Fan
  • Thank you received: 136
27 Apr 2017 13:32 #8
Okay then, if you want a positive thing about your mod : your level-production yield is insane.
I mean, you can make maybe up to 5 levels in a day, whereas I can spend 10 months to make the few crappy levels you see in my level topic.
This is a rather encouraging point about MBStop right now: your creativity.

You forget a thousand things everyday. Make sure Marble Blast isn't one of 'em.
Instagram : ralphfrommb

• Jiquor
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • STOPX Creator
27 Apr 2017 15:20 #9
Yes! In all honesty, even if I am fast with level building, I'm very detailed and hardly miss any texturing errors anymore.

I try my best, even if I'm fast. I can say I'm not good at speed running in a lot of games, but when it comes to creativity and building things, I hold the world records of building things in my personal opinion! XD

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
  • Thank you received: 447
27 Apr 2017 17:09 - 27 Apr 2017 17:09 #10

Jiquor wrote: Here's the cycle I keep seeing:

- I post something about my mod
- Negative criticism and an attack is written on me
- I defend myself and my mod and show them the door

I've bolded the problems here. The rest of the post is beside the point.

The first bit is where you're wrong. No one is attacking you. If criticism is phrased bluntly, that is not an attack against you. People are sharing their opinions on your mod, and you can take them or leave them - they aren't doing anything wrong by sharing negative opinions.

The second part, 'showing them the door', is the part that is causing strife. You are taking their negative opinions to be attacks on you, and as a result, "defend" yourself against them. However there were no attacks from them to begin with, so what ends up happening is you are attacking them, intending to defend.

Even if you personally still don't see it this way, this is how most everyone else sees it - hence, as you said, the thank yous coming in to their side and not yours. IMO you should just ignore posts you find unhelpful, it will save you a lot of trouble strife-wise in the long run.
Last edit: 27 Apr 2017 17:09 by Frostfire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Three, Regislian, Xedron

• Nathan125
  • Nathan125's Avatar Topic Author
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Thank you received: 8
12 May 2017 00:18 #11
mate I'm not complaining its just that I'm not to sure if it will work or not for file size sake.

• Jiquor
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • STOPX Creator
12 May 2017 03:28 #12
Nathan, saying 100 levels might not work and continuing to try and prove a point IS you complaining, whether it being intentional or not.

Anyways, file-size sake is a problem for the people who can't hold that much space on one computer/the drive is full. File size of a game doesn't affect gameplay or mechanics. It just takes space in your hard drive.

You don't have to play it (especially if you are one of those saying that doesn't have the space to do so.) I'm stating that this topic isn't a good topic to talk about and should've been clear that I'm sticking with my plan right now.

Thank you.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.840 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.