file The Big Announcement • Marble Blast STOP II

• Jiquor
  • Jiquor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • STOPX Creator
  • Thank you received: 155
31 Dec 2017 01:57 - 31 Dec 2017 02:02 #1
To be updated later is a new video and a teaser image which will come in January 2018. A few new updates and changes list as follows:

- hPerks is now the new music-guy for Marble Blast STOP II, besides the addition of some Markus Schulz into the game. He replaces Tskater7000's music tracks.
- Every single level, from the very small and optional Tutorial Section to Intermediate Level 75 has had its storyline, description, help-text and other things changed.
- Black dots have been changed/removed as best as possible from platforms along with making the game look less cartoony.

There are 270 levels instead of 500+ levels as previously, and (horribly,) thought. 270 is a good, ambitious amount and seems more reasonable.
There are 56 different Skyboxes.
There are 14 different soundtracks.
There are 18 different "marbles" out of the 75 that will be available in-game.
There's so much more to Marble Blast STOP II, but I won't spoil all of the details.

YES, for those who know what ROBLOX is, that IS "The Crimson Catseye" in Marble Blast STOP II.
(I was terminated in January 2017 falsely.)

Below you will find previews of three levels of both Tutorial; Beginner; Intermediate difficulty, as one of the levels was *actually* leaked on a small Discord server by someone somehow. Trust me, I don't know how it got out either, but it really doesn't make a huge difference/big deal.

The new storyline of the game takes a newly born character, Captain S. Marble, to save Marble Universe from mayhem and destruction. Along the way, you will review and learn things that you've already been through before, or not!

Finally: This part is a bit late, but Marble Blast STOP II, on December 19th, 2017 hit one year in development/production. This is the longest I've ever been working and attached to a project, and there will be no way I'm giving up this project now.
I couldn't have made it this far without the Marble Blast STOP II Team. You know who you guys are. <3

Until next time,
Jiquor the Liquor God

STOPX Creator. Getting better by every release.
Attachments:
Last edit: 31 Dec 2017 02:02 by Jiquor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lee, CylinderKnot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 198
31 Dec 2017 02:05 #2
Wow, those look really good!

But for the 1st picture, what is with the Super Bounce powerups in the sky? Are those for aesthetics?

Also just a tip, if you have a large amount of scenery (like the trees in the 2nd picture), I suggest you rotate them slightly for every tree to make it less repetitive.

Good luck!

lee is awesome
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jiquor

• Jiquor
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • STOPX Creator
31 Dec 2017 02:15 #3

Lee wrote: Wow, those look really good!

But for the 1st picture, what is with the Super Bounce powerups in the sky? Are those for aesthetics?

Also just a tip, if you have a large amount of scenery (like the trees in the 2nd picture), I suggest you rotate them slightly for every tree to make it less repetitive.

Good luck!

Aesthetics, yes, you'll see those in all Beginner Levels, then it gets more dedicated-scenery in Intermediate. It's a little bit of a weird system, but trust me it works.

Rotate the trees? You know, I hadn't thought of that! You might be onto something. Thanks for the feedback!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Lee

• eblu
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • (formerly eboyblue3)
  • Thank you received: 54
01 Jan 2018 05:33 - 01 Jan 2018 05:34 #4
Looking good! Those skyboxes look neat and I love the color coordination in the levels. In addition, I really like what you've done with level design! I do want to critique something though. The HUD I'm looking at here looks horribly dated and distracting. Try to keep it minimal. Other than that, great work. I can't wait to see what 2018 holds for STOP II.

PS, might want to update the avatar you used for my marble. Might have a few wrapping errors though. i.imgur.com/97QL7Oh.png

IsraeliRD wrote: The...

come discord brah: eblu#8048
Last edit: 01 Jan 2018 05:34 by eblu.

• Jiquor
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • STOPX Creator
01 Jan 2018 20:29 #5

eblu wrote: Looking good! Those skyboxes look neat and I love the color coordination in the levels. In addition, I really like what you've done with level design! I do want to critique something though. The HUD I'm looking at here looks horribly dated and distracting. Try to keep it minimal. Other than that, great work. I can't wait to see what 2018 holds for STOP II.

PS, might want to update the avatar you used for my marble. Might have a few wrapping errors though. i.imgur.com/97QL7Oh.png

Thank you for your feedback, eblu! Very much appreciated.
This isn't the first time I've seen someone complain about the HUD - Rosie has as well.
I think the best thing to do would be to change the numbers on the clock. I'll do that eventually. Probably halfway through the Advanced Levels - on a tight schedule.
I appreciate the critique, response and post! Thanks again :D

• Jiquor
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • STOPX Creator
11 Jan 2018 21:25 #6

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: CylinderKnot

• Ralph
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Matan's Fervent Fan
  • Thank you received: 136
12 Jan 2018 08:23 #7
Are you sure I didn't gave you new numbers and a new powerup box in the zip I sent you in MP?

You forget a thousand things everyday. Make sure Marble Blast isn't one of 'em.
Instagram : ralphfrommb

• Jiquor
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • STOPX Creator
13 Jan 2018 13:59 #8
Ralph, I finally implemented the new numbers and some sounds today. I've been caught up in many things, unrelated and related to MBSTOP II, and I'm finally getting back on track for the first time in months.

The HUD Powerup Box is staying tho. I think the old and new ones actually kinda look good together

• Ralph
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Matan's Fervent Fan
  • Thank you received: 136
15 Jan 2018 14:41 #9

Jiquor wrote: Ralph, I finally implemented the new numbers and some sounds today. I've been caught up in many things, unrelated and related to MBSTOP II, and I'm finally getting back on track for the first time in months.

The HUD Powerup Box is staying tho. I think the old and new ones actually kinda look good together

Alright. If you want some more stuff, such as sounds or graphical content, ask me whenever you want. ;)

You forget a thousand things everyday. Make sure Marble Blast isn't one of 'em.
Instagram : ralphfrommb

• Jiquor
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • STOPX Creator
08 Mar 2018 07:56 #10
Someone in the future will be fixing the GUI so they'll center no matter how you resize your screen.

Ralph, your new numbers are working great. Can you join the Discord?

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.830 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.