file General MBStop II News (taken from Discord Server)

• Jiquor
  • Jiquor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • STOPX Creator
  • Thank you received: 155
17 Mar 2018 10:54 #1
For Marble Blast STOP II, there will be five different versions for the application. Here's what it will consist of. Note: These versions will not come out with the first initial release of Marble Blast STOP II.

1. Story Mode - If you want to play through the full story.
2. Free Mode - If you don't want to play through the full story.
3. Light Mode - Recommended for inexperienced users. Some levels will change and the Ultimate Section + Story Mode will not exist.
4. No Jump Mode - Some levels are removed, including most of Expert and Ultimate - no story mode. You are not allowed to jump in this version. Ever.

5. Challenging Mode - Only given to those who complete Marble Blast STOP II including its STOP Times in Free Mode and show valid proof of all completed levels via video going through packets Beginner through Ultimate. Users chosen to receive this .zip containing Challenging Mode have proven they can handle the most challenging packet of all.
Challenging Mode will also feature a complete change of GUI, levels, and user watermarks everywhere so everyone can know it is theirs in case someone tries to share it out. Unauthorized distribution of Challenging Mode will not have records on the record book for Challenging Mode and might risk MBStop II world record deletion.

Jiquor HERe with some exciting news. Chapter 8 of Story Mode for Marble Blast STOP II has been complete. We're expecting to finish all the Advanced Levels on 4/20/2018.
We expect to be done with the Expert Levels on 6/1/2018.
We expect to be done with the Ultimate Levels on 6/25/2018.

After the Advanced Section is done I will be building all the Expert and Ultimate levels. Here's the current count of levels so far!

6 Tutorial Levels | 100 Beginner Levels | 75 Intermediate Levels | 50 Advanced Levels | 25 Expert Levels | 10 Ultimate Levels
In Non-Story mode, story-mode levels will be replaced with a different level. Note that Story Mode should be releasing on 7/6/2018, while the other packets (except Challenging Mode) will release one month after or so. Challenging Mode will take an additional three to four months to complete. Thanks for your patience and we're all excited to release this game.

Trailer 1 -

Trailer 2 -

Forums - marbleblast.com/index.php/forum/mb-stop-2
Discord - discord.gg/RGXfhbB (contact me if broken)

Until next time,
- Jiquor

STOPX Creator. Getting better by every release.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Xedron
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Level Speedrunner
  • Thank you received: 294
18 Mar 2018 01:22 - 18 Mar 2018 01:23 #2
I like the format of the mod with the amount of levels in each difficulty. Just make sure to be creative with the expert/ultimate levels - it's much better to have a short level that is unique and is fun to play than a long level with annoying challenges (which in my opinion was one of the problems in marble blast stop). With all the modes, this seems like it will be one of the biggest mods this game has seen, which is exciting.

"cna you salt spalt the slevel salt of 6 year salt who ca salt the lsat" - nobody, 2017
Last edit: 18 Mar 2018 01:23 by Xedron.

• whirligig
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 261
18 Mar 2018 02:11 #3

Xedron wrote: it's much better to have a short level that is unique and is fun to play than a long level with annoying challenges (which in my opinion was one of the problems in marble blast [strike]stop[/strike] platinum)

FTFY
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nockess

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
18 Mar 2018 02:24 - 18 Mar 2018 02:25 #4
Sounds like a lot of work for a mod that is already very large. Got a couple questions:

Are these extra modes entirely different versions of the game? Why not just make them an option and release one game?

Challenging mode sounds kinda fun actually, why do you have to hide it behind a completion wall? That will just make fewer people play your game because it's a considerable amount of effort to grind through the base game first. Just release it to everyone with a warning that it's difficult. Also the strange control over who gets a copy will probably have little effect and again just makes less people want to play. Isn't it your goal to get as many people playing as possible?

The large level count makes me think that you didn't cut any levels. This almost certainly lowers the average level quality and having to sort through many levels will hide the good levels and make the game look sort of mediocre.

Jiquor wrote: Note that Story Mode should be releasing on 7/6/2018

discordapp.com/assets/53ef346458017da2062aca5c7955946b.svg

Regardless I'm still excited to see you make progress on this mod and hope you can complete it. Just don't bite off more than you can chew. Looking forward to seeing it!

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
Last edit: 18 Mar 2018 02:25 by HiGuy. Reason: why does quote not have padding on top
The following user(s) said Thank You: Three, CylinderKnot

• Jiquor
  • Jiquor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • STOPX Creator
  • Thank you received: 155
18 Mar 2018 21:51 #5

Xedron wrote: I like the format of the mod with the amount of levels in each difficulty. Just make sure to be creative with the expert/ultimate levels - it's much better to have a short level that is unique and is fun to play than a long level with annoying challenges (which in my opinion was one of the problems in marble blast stop). With all the modes, this seems like it will be one of the biggest mods this game has seen, which is exciting.

A couple of Expert Levels are long but most of them are short/medium size and...well, you guessed it- difficult.
For the Ultimate Levels, seven levels are "funnoying" in the sense of difficult but that levels are very challenging. Yes, the levels are small and medium sized. However, for the last three levels of Story Mode, they are long as its, well, you guessed it, the end of the story! Thank you for your feedback, I really appreciate it.

NOTE: Marble Blast STOP II's other mods will have story levels replaced with other levels created one to two months after the initial release of Story Mode.

HiGuy wrote: Sounds like a lot of work for a mod that is already very large. Got a couple questions:

Are these extra modes entirely different versions of the game? Why not just make them an option and release one game?

Challenging mode sounds kinda fun actually, why do you have to hide it behind a completion wall? That will just make fewer people play your game because it's a considerable amount of effort to grind through the base game first. Just release it to everyone with a warning that it's difficult. Also the strange control over who gets a copy will probably have little effect and again just makes less people want to play. Isn't it your goal to get as many people playing as possible?

The large level count makes me think that you didn't cut any levels. This almost certainly lowers the average level quality and having to sort through many levels will hide the good levels and make the game look sort of mediocre.

These extra modes are entirely different versions of the game, but unless you want to code EVERYTHING (remember, I'm not the best coder lol!) to make it switch between one version or the other, that would be amazing! I don't know how that would exactly be possible - like I said, I'm horrible at coding!

Thank you for your kind feedback on Challenging Mode! I think you're right. Its supposed to replace Challenges System (and instead Challenges should be replaced with Achievements and Statistics if we can get someone to code those.) I will have to take you up on that offer. Great thinking!

Don't worry. I'm taking a long time making levels that are fun, well made and difficult. If there are enough problems on sorting through levels, best result I can think of is a search bar to find a level you want to play if you're qualified to play it. Remember: You may play the next level packet when you beat the last level of that packet.

EXAMPLE: Beat level 100? You can now play Intermediate level 1! I appreciate your feedback and REMEMBER! The game will be updated a lot - its going to be the most updated and largest user modification for Marble Blast. So any "building errors" or "texturing errors" you might have can be sent over to the Marble Blast STOP II Email when its publicly released and we'll or we'll not take care of those errors depending on how its actually supposed to look like! But I appreciate all suggestions and future ideas to help make the game better.
(>> USER << Mod = not made by Staff/GarageGames Old Staff. =b)

STOPX Creator. Getting better by every release.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HiGuy

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.816 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.