file Yo-yo, Bro

• Joey
  • Joey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
  • Thank you received: 191
14 May 2012 05:35 #1
Back in 2008, I had gotten into the somewhat-of-a-sport-but-not-really of yo-yoing. No, a yo-yo is not simply a cheap plastic toy that goes up and down. This is an example of what the true art of yo-yoing is all about:

And this is what yo-yos really are: www.yoyoexpert.com

Also, even your average looping yo-yo can look extraordinary:

Anyways, I had forgotten about for a while. But ever since I made that bedroom transition discussed in my previous blog, I came across the yo-yos, and recently got hooked on the hobby again. I am not nearly as good as that guy in the video (who happens to be a world yo-yo contest champion), but you know: practice makes perfect.

So yeah. I just wanted to make awareness of the yo-yoing hobby really. Many call it a sport, so that's how I'm going to address it. It's not easy either; it takes a lot of practice - years of practice. But, it's fun - very fun.

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
14 May 2012 23:41 #2
That guy in the video looks pretty epic.

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
15 May 2012 00:05 #3
It would take me two years just to master the technique without the yo-yo.

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

• Thank you received: 0
15 May 2012 00:22 #4
Oh. My. Gosh. This guy is sick! This would take me 4 years just to get the coordination right! I'm still hooked on yo-yo and i don't know how to get rid of my addiction, nor do I want to.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.959 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.