file "The Depths of Drum n Bass"

• Joey
  • Joey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
  • Thank you received: 191
18 May 2011 22:30 #1
Okay, as some of you may know, I divide my songs and projects into groups so that everything is a bit more organized... You can go to my YouTube under the About Me to read more on the song groups... So, at the beginning of May, the next group arose! I decided to name it The Depths of Drum n Bass. I plan to focus more on what I'm best at: EDM. I also plan to include projects on newer ideas and styles as well! (Just look at Synthetic Symphony! It's COMPLETELY different from my other songs!) So, here are some song ideas I've had. If they have a (W) next to them, they are being worked on. If they have a (C) next to them, they are complete. If they have a (I) next to them, it is a song idea I haven't actually started yet. So, without any furthur adieu:

Sequence: Song - Genre - Suppossed Tempo
(C) Synthetic Symphony - Techno - 190 BPM
(W) Omega - Drum n Bass - 120 BPM
(W) Light Show - Drum n Bass - 150-160 BPM
(I) Kamikaze - Drum n Bass/ Techno - 160-180 BPM
(W) Drum n Haste - Drum n Bass - 210 BPM
(I) CalKulus - Industrial - 100-120 BPM
(I) Cataclysm - Drum n Bass/ Techno - 160-170 BPM
(W) Soviet Prophecy - Medieval Techno - 180-190 BPM

There also some other projects I'm working on, but they will go in some different groups and not my Tech Warrior project series... If you'd like to know more on different groups and series's (?) go to my YouTube channel :

www.youtube.com/joeseta

Tell me what you think!

~ Tech Warrior

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
19 May 2011 01:20 #2
Started Soviet Prophecy! Yay!

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.

• Thank you received: 0
19 May 2011 05:36 #3
All of this sounds very interesting, and I'm definitely looking forward to Drum n Haste. With a BPM like that I'm expecting to see some grimey wobbles and such

And ooh, a song of the industrial genre! I positively love industrial! I used to browse that genre segment of Newgrounds daily, but recently I've been more into breakbeat/jungle. I still don't mind a good industrial song though. Really looking forward to it!

I can't seem to get over how nice it is to have a musician on the forums who's actually interested in the more intellectual genres of music, instead of the classical rock, metal, pop and other common genres. Speaking of intellectual, have you ever made any IDM? You know, Intelligent Dance Music? Aphex Twin, SessileNomad, etc... That stuff is my overall favorite.

19 May 2011 08:42 #4
May 18, 2011, 10:36pm, tehmarbler wrote:All of this sounds very interesting, and I'm definitely looking forward to Drum n Haste. With a BPM like that I'm expecting to see some grimey wobbles and such

And ooh, a song of the industrial genre! I positively love industrial! I used to browse that genre segment of Newgrounds daily, but recently I've been more into breakbeat/jungle. I still don't mind a good industrial song though. Really looking forward to it!

I can't seem to get over how nice it is to have a musician on the forums who's actually interested in the more intellectual genres of music, instead of the classical rock, metal, pop and other common genres. Speaking of intellectual, have you ever made any IDM? You know, Intelligent Dance Music? Aphex Twin, SessileNomad, etc... That stuff is my overall favorite.

In commonly accepted jargon, he's talking about how he likes Tech Warrior's electronic music.

Oh and btw, rock, metal, pop and other common genres are not classical - classical is a whole different thing. Wrong centur(ies) mate.

19 May 2011 09:03 #5
Classical as in describing the genres, not classical rock as a genre itself. that rock song is a classic

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
19 May 2011 21:22 #6
I'm looking forward to those songs. Can you make a list somewhere of all your songs?

19 May 2011 21:25 #7
Looking forward to these songs. Make it so it's really fast drum and bass

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
19 May 2011 22:07 #8
@Rokoshu Thanks! Glad to see you're excited and interested! Um... Drum n Haste will indeed be a CRAZY fast DnB song WITH brief wobbles, but not dragged out wobble bass as it's not dubstep The industrial song, CalKulus, is like my second or third attempt at industrial, but from what I know industrial isn't really that hard to do! Now mixing industrial and DnB would be EPIC! And I personally don't like stuff like rock and pop. In my preference it's just too '90s and I do indeed love the intelligent stuff! And yes I have indeed created IDM. I love it! Any style of EDM, you know who to come to

@ktbold12345 Check my YouTube channel ...But I may make a list in my blog sometime...

@Alphanumeric Yep then you'll LOVE Drum n Haste!

19 May 2011 23:46 #9
With it having brief wobbles and stuff like that, would you qualify it drumstep instead of DnB?

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
20 May 2011 00:17 #10
I guess you could say it's kind of both as it does indeed have the qualities of drum n bass, with strong drums and such...

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.976 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.