file 2013 - A New Leaf

• Joey
  • Joey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
  • Thank you received: 191
15 Nov 2012 03:00 #1
Today has been quite an emotional day. And usually, they are the best days for me to post things like this. I can't believe it's been a year already! Wow, time certaintly has flown by; I can't even believe how fast 2012 has been! It feels like every year passes faster and faster, yet in reality it really doesn't. This past year has been one of trials, excitement, downfalls, and conclusions. It was definitely a very active year, if that makes sense. Basically it was a very changing year, and so may things happened - much more than I would have initially expected. So, I will do this in a similar format as I did last year: Post what has happened this past year, and post what is planned for the coming year, both in music, and life in general. However, I'll be more formal with the descriptions of things.

2012 has lived up to my standard in some ways... Basically, I strived for a year of excellence, as I had put it. There was a period of time in the beginning of the year where I wasn't happy at all. There were a lot of events that took place, and it was only within the past few months did things change drastically. I've been a little more inactive this year than I had expected, but it is what it is. However, aside from life in general, there have been a lot of events music-wise that have shaped my standards for the year. The beginning of the year was a bit inactive, but then things picked up with the Marathon, and things are slowly picking up further. So, let's have a closer look at this year.

The past year - 2012 - Overview:

January:

- At this point, all is good. The year is off to a good start, just ending an awesome Christmas (2011's was one of the best I'd say), and getting started with Danceparty.
- Things took a bit of a turn when I had found a nasty virus on my system that threatened the life of it, and everything that was on it.
- After a couple weeks or so, it had been wiped out, but I managed to recover everything. Skype, however, I had stopped with.

February:

- Danceparty continues going strong.
- Homeschool, however, was not going so well for me at this point. I felt isolated from everything, and there wasn't much else that was interesting.
- I do, however, begin to head in the next direction with music, with To Infinity, taking my skills to the next level.

March:

- Music work is slow, and isn't the number one things on my agenda anymore.
- Quite a boring month, I should say.

April:

- Pretty much adds on to March, as nothing very interesting has happened. In fact, April was a very isolating and depressing month.
- When Fates Collide, though, has brightened things a bit.

May:

- Even while I had wanted to get homeschooling done by this month, it had not happened, thereby making life just a bit more stressful (worrying about the fact that I'm going into June and still am not finished with school).
- Soviet Revolution's revival was an upbringing of this month.

June:

- Homeschool is finished within the first week, thankfully. I did not care about it anymore, honestly, and did not even want to think about it. I did get straight A's though, which is good.
- The Danceparty surprise is unveiled.
- To Infinity and The Epic, two monstrous projects, are finally released after much work.

July:

- It wasn't really until now did things begin to change drastically. There was only one event that changed everything. Let's dive into the story:

It began early the second week. I had gone off to a 1-week camp with my youth group. All the while, unwanted things had been happening back at home, and I was relieved to remove myself for a week. This camp was the first time I had seen most of my friends since I was last at my old school back in May of 2011. And, being homeschooled, it was nerve-wrecking. However, I had overcome this the first night, and was quite emotional indeed. It was a very inviting experience; let's not forget that the girl I had always wanted was there as well. However, I was quite nervous, and we didn't talk a whole lot. But, come the end of the trip, I came home to a surprise. Even after going through the drama that was of April-May 2011 with my school and things, it had come to the decision that I was going back. I never wanted to leave, but I was very happy inside. I knew that this was going to be the start of something new. And, while nervous, I was ready.

And so it happened. To this day, I am no longer isolated, and locked away in homeschool. I am where I feel I belong: with people.

- Danceparty released.
- Things have taken a positive turn.

August:

- The Marathon trailer is posted.
- First day of school!

September:

- 14th birthday. Hurray.
- The Marathon happens, as to make up for all the time that had been lost, giving a plethora of sound!
- I had entered a remix contest in which to open up opportunities and win $1,000

October:

- When Fates Collide's official teaser trailer is released, in the event that it has been revived, as I predicted it would back when it died.
- Things are going good in general, but still relatively slow in music production.

November:

- The results of the remix contest were announced on 11/15/2012. Unfortunately, I did not win, but I will continue to enter more and try again!
- The second trailer of When Fates Collide was released.
- The second trailer of Synthetic Symphony 2 was be released.
- Divided by 0 was postponed indefinitely.

December:

- The Christmas Marathon will bring forth more musical drama, preparing for the new year.
- The Elite Class is a relatively new album of mine in progress which will have its first preview unveiled as part of the Christmas Marathon.
- Synthetic Symphony 2 will participate, being a project of great intensity, though not as massively big as I initially portrayed it to be.
- When Fates Collide will also participate and be released, being possibly the biggest and most epic track I've ever done. (Seriously, the results of the progress are beyond incredible with this)

Well, that's that. It has been a relatively exciting year, but things are still not as great as I had hoped them to be. There are still personal things going on, but I'll make it through! There's still a month left!

Now next year, and I'm not setting my expectations ridiculously high as to avoid disappointment, but I intend on taking things to the next level. My plan is to get myself out to the public, and I'm ready for a change. Now granted, I don't 100% know how this will all turn out, but I'm ready for it. It is March 2013 that I'm aiming for, and you may know that 'No Limits' ends in March, and precisely for this reason. This is why I have been inactive lately. This is why I entered this contest. I'm ready for something drastic to happen, but I must remember and take into account that it is based on my own actions. I have to make this happen, and I am willing to take the steps to get there.

I won't be posting the plan for 2013 in the format I listed above, but I will within the next month or so when I get things sorted out a bit more.

The plan for 2013 is now up:

January:

- When Fates Collide will be released on January 1, 2013 at approximately 12:00 AM EST, and will blow minds.
- When Fates Collide will be sent to places to be promoted, in a reasonably reasonable manner.
- A new system will begin, Weekly Updates, giving you inside info on anything happening within the week, music-related or not. (These will be in this blog as well as FB).
- I will have an official logo, that is currently in progress. This logo will be the splash for the openings of my tracks, and then the normal still pics will appear.
- A variety of new, fresh projects will begin, leaving all my unfinished ones behind. Anything not being worked on before this coming year will likely be trashed. Some of these new projects will include The Epic II, Genesis, Mantis, The Exodus, The End, as well as plenty more! (None of these are in progress as of yet) Remember that every project I work on now fulfills a high level of professionalism and detail, giving off the quality of Into Midnight and higher! So, these are all considered big projects that may take a while to complete... Just keep that in mind.
- I will likely be entering another contest for another chance to win $1,000. Since I've purchased Pro Membership, I can enter infinite contests essentially, leaving endless opportunities.

February:

- Any of the above projects will likely be sent out to promotional places if WFC does not make the cut.
- I will likely focus on doing a variety of remixes in this month, in an effort to continue the promoting quest. Winning an Indaba contest (the contests I've been mentioning) would be like the golden door-opener for the future, so that will always be a goal.
- Anything else that comes to mind during this month will be added...

March:

- Weekly Updates will always include updates of The Elite Class from this point on.
- Whatever contests I enter in January will end here in March, so therefore, if that happens, not only will my door of opportunity open but I will also get $1,000, which I will use to buy a new, super fresh computer.
- The quest for searching for promotion channels and things will continue.
- I'm involved at a website called IDMf. They have a netlabel there which I've considered getting into. However, while I do not want them controlling everything that happens with my music (since it is a label), I may or may not decide to get involved with it. If anything of that sort does happen, though, it will be in this month. Though, more thought would be required of it.
- No Limits will end, but projects I start in January will likely still not be finished, so they will carry on into the next group, but not the next era.
- My third music development era will begin, and will be significant of my rise of fame, as I'm calling it. All I can do is try. If I do happen to get no luck within these first few months, then I will continue to try.

April:

- TBA

May:

- TBA

June:

- The Elite Class will unveil its trailer.

July:

- TBA

August:

- TBA

September:

- TBA

October:

- The Elite Class will unveil its second official trailer.

November:

- TBA

December:

- The Elite Class will be released.
- Synthetic Symphony 3 will begin development.

As you can see, many of the details have not been sorted out, aside from the first few months. This is because that, since the goal here is to achieve a high level of promotion, the schedule will most likely change a lot, due to popular demand. I could, for example, get unexpected offers or get offered special projects, which would in turn change the course of the year completely. So therefore, I've only included basic plans for the remainder of the year 2013. The rest will be up to you!

Expect intensity and excitement!

TW out!

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Buzzmusic
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • I make levels and songs.
  • Thank you received: 145
15 Nov 2012 03:14 #2
Read the whole thing. It's amazing how dedicated you are to your music. It's also amazing that you wrote this whole review! Hope 2013 is a great year for you!

- Buzzmusic100

All posts from my account that were made before July 29 2013 are from the point of view of my dad unless it states otherwise.

• Thank you received: 2
15 Nov 2012 03:16 #3
Some great Electro music stuffs. What program / audio mixer do you use?

• Thank you received: 15
15 Nov 2012 04:03 #4
Quite a thorough and detailed review of your year, TW! I wish the best of luck to you in your future music career.

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
15 Nov 2012 05:03 #5
From Nihahhat:

Quote:- It wasn't really until now did things begin to change drastically. There was only one event that changed everything. Let's dive into the story:

It began early the second week. I had gone off to a 1-week camp with my youth group. All the while, unwanted things had been happening back at home, and I was relieved to remove myself for a week. This camp was the first time I had seen most of my friends since I was last at my old school back in May of 2011. And, being homeschooled, it was nerve-wrecking. However, I had overcome this the first night, and was quite emotional indeed. It was a very inviting experience; let's not forget that the girl I had always wanted was there as well. However, I was quite nervous, and we didn't talk a whole lot. But, come the end of the trip, I came home to a surprise. Even after going through the drama that was of April-May 2011 with my school and things, it had come to the decision that I was going back. I never wanted to leave, but I was very happy inside. I knew that this was going to be the start of something new. And, while nervous, I was ready.

I smiled when I read that as I can totally relate to that. I used to be a big mess when it came to social situations, but after a drastic event everything changed for me and life was good. Glad you're this way too.

Anyway, I'm glad that you're turning over a new leaf in 2013. I salute you for being one of the few people in this world who can really set goals and fully achieve them. Good luck in 2013 and in the rest of your musical career, Joeh.

Also, you better win that remix contest, bro.

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
15 Nov 2012 06:36 #6
Thank you all for your support and encouragement! I do hope that the coming year is definitely one to remember! And thank you for your support on this contest. I've been anticipating this for about two months now! And to think, the results are barely 18 hours away! (literally)

@MegaMarbler I use FL Studio for all my tracks.

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.

• Thank you received: 18
25 Nov 2012 02:46 #7
Great blog! Good luck with the rest of the year.

When I read the blog's title, I first thought Leaf is coming back!

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
06 Dec 2012 04:03 #8
Haha Pablo.

The plan for 2013 is now up! Have a read!

Also, some significant changes to the 2012 year in review:

- Divided by 0 has been postponed indefinitely.
- The Elite Class is a relatively new album of mine in progress which will have its first preview unveiled as part of the Christmas Marathon.

*sniff**sniff* Do I smell a lot of major and significant changes in 2013?

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
06 Dec 2012 04:10 #9
nice tw, I will be looking forward to all of your amazing work!

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
06 Dec 2012 04:13 #10
Thanks Jeff! Glad to know that you're excited. There will be much to come! (I hope )

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.876 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.