file It's Almost Here...

• Joey
  • Joey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
  • Thank you received: 191
15 Jul 2012 01:42 #1
What I'm about to announce to you all is likely to be my biggest musical event to date. What's ironic is that I came up with the idea only in June, when yet I want to have it all done by my birthday this year (September 1). I am offering a second series of events, similar to how last year's went, but bigger and better.

Last year, I offered The Gauntlet. It didn't have much of a theme, which is what I lacked. It was simply a compilation of various things I was already working on. In addition, there were some non-musical related things as well, what with the revival of MBS and what not (which is long dead, btw). The Gauntlet featured a fast-paced dance track, the sequel to Soviet Prophecy (Soviet Dream), and a heavily industrialized track, CalKulus. In addition, the 'Forum Games' took place (which were an obvious and complete fail, if you didn't pick up on that). I was basically looking for various things to add and put them all together.

This year, however, I want to bring you something different to the table. Again, it will simply be a copmilation of things, but it will be more organized this time. I will leave some things censored for the same reasons as I did last year, what with suspense and what not. I will be presenting TW's Music Marathon Series of Events. Here is the overview:

That is a lot of stuff right there, especially considering I don't have a lot of time to do it. But, a lot of it was already being worked on ahead of time, so it's very possible to get it all done. It just depends on if I want to work on it and add it in, as with Synth City's case. However, keep in mind that I'm human, so if I end up leaving out one or two things, don't hate me. I've got a very tight schedule in these particular months. Did I mention that I also plan on getting promoted prior to the Marathon?

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
15 Jul 2012 01:46 #2
I like Marathons, I think that this one will be very exciting.

15 Jul 2012 04:02 #3
Your amount of determination towards your work is really astonishing. But um... maybe you should try a music specific forum for this kind of stuff, instead of this one? I mean this has absolutely -nothing- to do with marbles and you'd probably get more recognition and feedback somewhere else.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
15 Jul 2012 04:55 #4
Thanks! You have a point, Ridley. In fact, after looking back, you're way right. This is a Marble Blast forum, and here I am announcing upcoming music events.

Hmm, I'll go out and look for some music forums, but other than Soundcloud and Newgrounds I can't really think of much atm. But likewise stated, I'll look.

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.

• Thank you received: 25
15 Jul 2012 05:27 #5
I'm looking forward to seeing all of it. I've also some new songs that sound very good .

15 Jul 2012 18:30 #6
I'm exited to wait for all these nice upcoming songs!

15 Jul 2012 21:06 #7
Jul 14, 2012, 9:55pm, techwarrior wrote:Hmm, I'll go out and look for some music forums, but other than Soundcloud and Newgrounds I can't really think of much atm. But likewise stated, I'll look.

Good plan! Just try not to focus too much on popularity. If your stuff is as good as you intend it to be, then recognition and love for your music will eventually follow. People who worry too much about popularity forget about the actual reason why they're doing what they're doing. Not to mention it comes with an insane amount of stage pressure (which honestly KILLS me).

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
15 Jul 2012 21:22 #8
Jul 15, 2012, 2:06pm, tehmarbler wrote:
Jul 14, 2012, 9:55pm, techwarrior wrote:Hmm, I'll go out and look for some music forums, but other than Soundcloud and Newgrounds I can't really think of much atm. But likewise stated, I'll look.

Good plan! Just try not to focus too much on popularity. If your stuff is as good as you intend it to be, then recognition and love for your music will eventually follow. People who worry too much about popularity forget about the actual reason why they're doing what they're doing. Not to mention it comes with an insane amount of stage pressure (which honestly KILLS me).

I get what you mean. It's not that popularity is my number one goal, but it's definitely true that I want to get out there in some way. It's always good to have a large number of people follow your work and get excited for upcoming stuff. In addition, music is something I want to get a career in, which means that popularity of some sort would be necessary. But no worries, because I make music because it's fun. If it wasn't then I would have already dropped it by now. With each track I try to get better, and I'm always up to try new things.

Thank you to everyone else as well! RC, you must let me hear those new songs.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
30 Jul 2012 20:14 #9
I've taken Ridley's advice and have successfully found an active music forum! That said, I can do all this advertising there as well, and even talk with other producers (I never said I'll stop advertising here as well ). In addition, I've considered some Facebook advertising as well (but that costs money so a decision like that would have to require a little more thought). This may just be the start in moving forward with a musical career!

The Marathon may just be a success!

Also, short blog post, but you get the idea of it.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
09 Aug 2012 04:29 #10
^That

The Marathon Series of Events opens for those who have desperate ears! Have a look and listen at the trailer!

It's almost here!

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.003 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.