file My Life So Far...

• Joey
  • Joey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
  • Thank you received: 191
13 May 2011 03:25 #1
Well, a lot is going on for me in the Marble Blasting world and just the world in general... First off, I'm staff as a music-maker in like a dozen mods! Well, almost staff on some... Not quite yet, but have applied for music-maker... But that's my fault . Here are the mods I'm working in:

MBOpal
MBAdventure
MBMega
MBElite
MBSuperStar

Ah the stress...

Secondly, my mod, MBSuperStar. Everyone was SO excited when it first started, but now it's turning more of a This will fail simply by the atmosphere of the topic... Apparaently I don't know what I'm doing... I knew 300 levels was outrageous and I keep trying new ways to plan everything but things just keep going wrong... It's 5 months already since the mod started and barelyANY work has gotten done thanks to unaccurate planning! I just hope and am believeing this mod won't fail, but I fear that a year from now I would have completely forgotten about it... I don't even have any STAFF for heaven's sake! How on earth will I finish this?!

Third, school. It's almost over, but it's simply ADDING to the stress. I've about had it with school and can't WAIT for these last 2 weeks to be over! I've got a few end-of-the-year exams that I'm totally stressing over, especially this literature final... And the guy there I was talking about somewhere else in this blog... Oh he's pushing it all right! Although today was a MUCH better day at school than MANY others, I can't promise it'll be like that for the rest of the school year...

*breathes in* *breathes out*

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
13 May 2011 03:36 #2
What I would do if I were you:

1. Contribute what you feel won't take you too long, but is adequate for each mod.
2. Take a nice long break. Build a log cabin in minecraft, play some portal, whatever.
3. Come back to YOUR OWN MOD and ONLY work on YOUR OWN MOD for a while, maybe until a milestone (like a demo)
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 until YOUR mod is done, then work on other mods.

• Thank you received: 91
13 May 2011 03:39 #3
May 12, 2011, 8:25pm, techwarrior wrote:Well, a lot is going on for me in the Marble Blasting world and just the world in general... First off, I'm staff as a music-maker in like a dozen mods! Well, almost staff on some... Not quite yet, but have applied for music-maker... But that's my fault . Here are the mods I'm working in:

MBOpal
MBAdventure
MBMega
MBElite
MBSuperStar

Ah the stress...

Secondly, my mod, MBSuperStar. Everyone was SO excited when it first started, but now it's turning more of a This will fail simply by the atmosphere of the topic... Apparaently I don't know what I'm doing... I knew 300 levels was outrageous and I keep trying new ways to plan everything but things just keep going wrong... It's 5 months already since the mod started and barelyANY work has gotten done thanks to unaccurate planning! I just hope and am believeing this mod won't fail, but I fear that a year from now I would have completely forgotten about it... I don't even have any STAFF for heaven's sake! How on earth will I finish this?!

Third, school. It's almost over, but it's simply ADDING to the stress. I've about had it with school and can't WAIT for these last 2 weeks to be over! I've got a few end-of-the-year exams that I'm totally stressing over, especially this literature final... And the guy there I was talking about somewhere else in this blog... Oh he's pushing it all right! Although today was a MUCH better day at school than MANY others, I can't promise it'll be like that for the rest of the school year...

As for the mods, I would recommend quitting everything but MBO and MBSS. While MBSS will almost definitely fail, (you know it's true), it will be a good experience at least trying. And then you can release all the awesome levels that didn't make it into the mod.

Being in any other mod is just going to spread what resources you do put out so thin that it won't be useful. Besides, MBM will fail.

About school, all I can say is good luck.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
13 May 2011 03:52 #4
About the mods, you may be right. I may quit MBO because of all th stress, but am trying to suck it up and stick with it! About MY mod, as much as I know it may be true, you didn't need to emphasize the fact that it will fail... The reality is, MBSS may or may not fail, heaven only knows what the future holds... Whatever happens, happens. And all I can do is go with it...

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.

13 May 2011 03:59 #5
MBOpal will be the next big mod.
MBFuture has a pretty good chance.
MBElite has basically hit the ground running. It looks very good, only bieng a few months old.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
13 May 2011 04:04 #6
If stuff fails we recommend releasing what you do have, it will earn you a lot more respect than a dead mod without anything released.

Additionally, most people don't take into account real life into making a mod. You're experiencing what everyone does. Nobody is right in this case, you do need to rethink which mods you should be at.

Also if Aayrl hears you're in 5 mods, he'll simply call you a 'mod hopper'.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• Thank you received: 25
13 May 2011 04:09 #7
You should not quit MBAd. You are our only music maker! Also, the mod is SO close to being finished!

• Thank you received: 15
13 May 2011 04:12 #8
May 12, 2011, 8:39pm, nobody wrote:While MBSS will almost definitely fail, (you know it's true)

I thought you had learned not to make passive-aggressive comments like this...I guess I was mistaken.

Techwarrior, I think you let yourself get too much in over your head with your grand plans for your mod. While noble, I don't think any one person can do all of that. You should take a step back, relax, and rethink how you want to do your mod. Personally, I would scale it down and just make a level pack with some new textures, like George did. If you really want to make your mod larger, then be more aggressive about hiring staff members. I think you should also step down from the mods that you are in temporarily until a good chunk of work is completed in MBSS.

Also, good luck on your final exams! I know how it feels; I have four of them next week.

• Thank you received: 91
13 May 2011 04:17 #9
May 12, 2011, 9:12pm, andrewsears wrote:
May 12, 2011, 8:39pm, nobody wrote:While MBSS will almost definitely fail, (you know it's true)

I thought you had learned not to make passive-aggressive comments like this...I guess I was mistaken.

I was actually serious, and not trying to antagonize anyone; sorry if anyone took offense. If you look at the history of countless other mods, look at the level topic(s) for it, and look at this post, I'm pretty sure you'd agree with me.

@Tech - If/when it fails, it's not your fault. Planning and doing a mod is actually much harder than it looks, especially when you're involved in many at once.

• Thank you received: 15
13 May 2011 04:25 #10
May 12, 2011, 9:17pm, nobody wrote:
May 12, 2011, 9:12pm, andrewsears wrote:

I was actually serious, and not trying to antagonize anyone; sorry if anyone took offense. If you look at the history of countless other mods, look at the level topic(s) for it, and look at this post, I'm pretty sure you'd agree with me.

Thanks for clarifying. Sorry for the misunderstanding, no hard feelings.

13 May 2011 12:12 #11
My thought for the day:

Why do 75% of people who join and become an active member on the forums decide to make a mod? The most I've done to mod is to use MBO sounds from the IA plugin (*starts to tear up*) in MBP/MBG - and to change my start/end pads around. I joined in Jan 2008, so, hell, if I was going to make a mod, I would have done it by now

(3 years 5 months on forums and only 102 posts. :x)

13 May 2011 12:27 #12
May 12, 2011, 8:25pm, techwarrior wrote:Secondly, my mod, MBSuperStar. Everyone was SO excited when it first started, but now it's turning more of a This will fail simply by the atmosphere of the topic... Apparaently I don't know what I'm doing... I knew 300 levels was outrageous and I keep trying new ways to plan everything but things just keep going wrong... It's 5 months already since the mod started and barelyANY work has gotten done thanks to unaccurate planning! I just hope and am believeing this mod won't fail, but I fear that a year from now I would have completely forgotten about it... I don't even have any STAFF for heaven's sake! How on earth will I finish this?!
Noob mods in a nutshell.

May 12, 2011, 8:25pm, techwarrior wrote:Third, school. It's almost over, but it's simply ADDING to the stress. I've about had it with school and can't WAIT for these last 2 weeks to be over! I've got a few end-of-the-year exams that I'm totally stressing over, especially this literature final... And the guy there I was talking about somewhere else in this blog... Oh he's pushing it all right! Although today was a MUCH better day at school than MANY others, I can't promise it'll be like that for the rest of the school year...*

I took my end of instruction tests yesterday, and today was my last day. Those last 2 weeks go by a lot faster then you'd think. Try not to think about the time passing by, as paying attention to time tends to make it go by slower.

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
  • Thank you received: 188
13 May 2011 13:01 #13
May 12, 2011, 8:36pm, sim978 wrote:What I would do if I were you:

1. Contribute what you feel won't take you too long, but is adequate for each mod.
2. Take a nice long break. Build a log cabin in minecraft, play some portal, whatever.
3. Come back to YOUR OWN MOD and ONLY work on YOUR OWN MOD for a while, maybe until a milestone (like a demo)
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 until YOUR mod is done, then work on other mods.

I got to agree with Sim. Thats how you dont get too bored . you just take some break and then after you come back you work almost full time. Thats what i did in MBR. I took 1 week long break and now i came back and i trying to do as much as i can.

Rest was answered by others.

Some guy that does DTS shapes and levels.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
makes life easier for you and everyone else :)

• NaCl586
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • An Ordinary Marble Blaster
  • Thank you received: 70
13 May 2011 13:02 #14
May 12, 2011, 9:09pm, rollcage wrote:You should not quit MBAd. You are our only music maker! Also, the mod is SO close to being finished!
Agreed! also , i recommend you quit mbopal and mbss like mf said!
and you have make music for 5 mod! that just too much.
i recommend you only choose the mod you want to make music into.
(but choose mbad!)
If you make music for your unwanted mod , don't push yourself for making music on that mod!

i hope this helpful

I'm just an ordinary marble blaster who like to create new and unusual things.

Creator of the Marble Blast GLC series
Check out and download my custom levels here .
Check out my original musics in this thread and in my soundcloud here .

• Thank you received: 18
13 May 2011 13:27 #15
Good blog. I recommend you quit your own mod, and maybe resign from some others, while you learn how to make awesome custom levels. The community has dozens of noob mods, but very few good custom levels being released. You could have a lot more of an impact this way.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
13 May 2011 15:31 #16
Well I certainly don't want to just QUIT on it... But Pablo you have a point... Maybe I should LEARN how to make GOOD custom levels FIRST, then get to the hard action on the mod... The only problem is... I can't get Constructor to work! And QuArK... I can't figure out how to open it. This little screen comes up but I've got no idea how to get in it! Anyone know???

• Thank you received: 10
13 May 2011 16:55 #17
May 12, 2011, 8:39pm, nobody wrote:
May 12, 2011, 8:25pm, techwarrior wrote:Well, a lot is going on for me in the Marble Blasting world and just the world in general... First off, I'm staff as a music-maker in like a dozen mods! Well, almost staff on some... Not quite yet, but have applied for music-maker... But that's my fault . Here are the mods I'm working in:

MBOpal
MBAdventure
MBMega
MBElite
MBSuperStar

Ah the stress...

As for the mods, I would recommend quitting everything but MBO and MBSS. While MBSS will almost definitely fail, (you know it's true), it will be a good experience at least trying. And then you can release all the awesome levels that didn't make it into the mod.

Being in any other mod is just going to spread what resources you do put out so thin that it won't be useful. Besides, MBM will fail.

About school, all I can say is good luck.

About the MBM part, even though I'm the leader, I agree

13 May 2011 17:35 #18
May 13, 2011, 8:31am, techwarrior wrote: I can't get Constructor to work!

What do you mean, what exactly is the problem.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
13 May 2011 17:39 #19
It doesn't have enough memory to run... Me and Jeff already discussed it, and the bottom line is that I need more RAM or a new computer...

13 May 2011 19:05 #20
I'll be happy to teach you to use QuArK. To start off, please post a screenshot or the contents of the window that pops up that you don't know how to get past.

13 May 2011 19:58 #21
But Constructor is SOOOOOO much easier

Whatever you have to do...

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
13 May 2011 20:50 #22
I thinl you should take a break in making music, relax, forget about the exams, chill.

13 May 2011 21:15 #23
If you'd rather use Constructor, that's great too. Lots of other people can help you with that.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
13 May 2011 22:57 #24
Like I said the ONLY way it could possibly work is if I get more memory... hence, a new computer... Anyway Pablo I took a screenie of the opening screen that I can't get past...

• Ian_Cordle
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
13 May 2011 22:57 #25
In my opinion, you should probably quit most mods except MBO and MBSS. MBO is probably the most anticipated mod (except PQ) right now, and that is important for you to stay with.

And your stress? Is your fault. I don't mean to be rude, but you have asked and applied for almost every mod. You will end up being unproductive and lose interest. I hope that you actually reconsider your applications to many mods, and stick with the ones that have the best hope.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
13 May 2011 23:00 #26
...As I said in the first post... It IS my fault. I said in the Marble Blast SuperStar topic that I'm quitting every mod except MBO and possibly MBAdventure... Depends on the progress.

P.S. You just ninja'd me in the post before yours!

13 May 2011 23:21 #27
You don't need a new comp to upgrade memory, usually you don't even have to take you computer apart very far. Anyway, any Quarker can get you past that screen. Check the quark/Constructor boards, I think there's a tut there...

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
14 May 2011 15:13 #28
Yes I know that, but I don't have the right kind of RAM my computer needs... And I DON'T feel like buying more... Besides, memory isn't the only thing wrong with the computer... It's old and I need a new one...

14 May 2011 15:23 #29
That's the default home screen that always comes up, Tech. First make sure Game is set to Torque. Then click the leftmost of those three little logos to open the default template map and start building.

• Ian_Cordle
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
14 May 2011 15:24 #30
Matan has a video that I used to start QuArKing for the first time. It's a bit old though...

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.935 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.