file My new song!

• Joey
  • Joey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
  • Thank you received: 191
14 May 2011 02:22 #1

It's an upcoming project I've been working on called Synthetic Symphony. This link directs you to just a 30 second sample of it... It is still being worked on, as it needs more action, if you know what I mean... So, yeah. Hope you like what's coming! Also, I'm working on two drum n bass songs as well, so expect those in June...

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ian_Cordle
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
  • Thank you received: 10
14 May 2011 02:30 #2
The video is private.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
14 May 2011 02:37 #3
Well it isn't suppossed to be... I'll change it

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.

• Thank you received: 18
14 May 2011 02:41 #4
Very interesting! You definitely have a talent for that.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
14 May 2011 02:44 #5
Thanks Pablo !

• Ian_Cordle
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
14 May 2011 02:51 #6
I'm guessing you don't actually compose the music with notes and chords, just with preset items and beats?

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
14 May 2011 02:51 #7
Yes... In a program However I do play an instrument if you want to know...: Piano!

• Ian_Cordle
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
14 May 2011 02:52 #8
Well, you use Fruityloops, correct?

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
14 May 2011 02:52 #9
Indeed

• Ian_Cordle
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
14 May 2011 02:56 #10
Oh, okay. It takes skill, don't get me wrong, but techno (especially in Fruityloops) is a rather easy genre.

Great job, nonetheless.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
14 May 2011 02:59 #11
Ofcourse making music in ANY genre is easy on the program... But the hard part is the mixing and mastering and making sure everything flows correctly and this and that and blah blah blah...
The sample you just heard (if you heard it ) took me a chunk of time - not on the beat itself, but rather the mixing and mastering...

• Three
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • level designer
  • Thank you received: 349
14 May 2011 20:12 #12
Great song!

Follow me on twitter at @threefolder

• dobrakmato
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 0
14 May 2011 21:38 #13
I more like your In the Moment song...

• Thank you received: 91
14 May 2011 23:59 #14
You should really test out a program called Finale 2011, if you're really serious about music composition. Essentially, it enables you to individually place every possible characteristic of the music, note by note, articulations, different instrumentals, key signatures, and many other options. As a matter of fact, included in the Garritan pack of instruments, are a lot of the sounds that you're using in your music. I have it, and it's really awesome, I've done some cool stuff with it.

Here's a link to it.

• Ian_Cordle
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
15 May 2011 04:02 #15
He doesn't know how to compose, he just uses Fruityloops. It's better than mixing clips in GarageBand, but nowhere near knowing music theory.

Plus, Finale is a paid program, and if he was going to try to truly start composing he should probably use MuseScore. Free and multiple platform.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
15 May 2011 04:30 #16
It doesn't MATTER what program you use, just HOW you use it... FL Studio is just as good as some others like Reason or Ableton Live... If you have skill the program doesn't matter; the same applies to if you have NO skill.

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
15 May 2011 04:42 #17
joey has skill, why else do you think hes making mbopal's music

Joey, keep it up, that was awesome, loved how u put it together piece by piece with just the right instruments, tempo, ect.

Ian, I am sure he knows some music theory, after all, have you ever heard this kid play piano before? This kid is amazing, which i am sure he defiantly knows his stuff. Plus for mbopal, it would take him too long to use musescore for all of the instruments and instrumental sounds he uses.

Also for giggles:

Patrick: Is mayonnaise an instrument?

Squidward: No Patrick, mayonnaise is not an instrument. And Horse Radish is not either!

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

• Ian_Cordle
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
15 May 2011 05:01 #18
Playing piano does not equal knowledge of music theory.

Let me explain to you what I mean. It is easier to make music in Fruityloops than by composing it yourself. I am not saying Joey's music isn't good, it's just not 100% his creation. It is certainly a good tool, and he has skill. I'm just saying it takes more skill to work in a program like MuseScore or Finale.

Of course it would take him to long if he used MuseScore, because he makes long songs with the program without actually writing the notes. It's a different field. Again, that doesn't make him bad, he is just a different type of music-maker.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
15 May 2011 05:10 #19
What do you mean it's not 100% my creation? If I made it, regardless in notes or in the program, it's mine...

• Ian_Cordle
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
15 May 2011 14:42 #20
I'm not going to continue this argument. You simply don't understand the difference.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
15 May 2011 18:39 #21
Then don't.

UPDATE: I will post another sample of Synthetic Symphony either later or tomorrow as it's almost finished! Currently it's at 6 min. 20 sec., and I'm expecting atleast 7 or 8 min. And don't worry, just because it's long doesn't mean it keeps repeating the same beats, because it certainly doesn't!

• Thank you received: 25
15 May 2011 19:40 #22
Great song, Joey! I listened to Tactic too. That was pretty good for a trance track!

15 May 2011 20:24 #23
nice job!

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
15 May 2011 20:27 #24
Thanks guys! And btw, Tactic was my very first trane track . I'm also working on a second trance song called Electron Wave, but it isn't even close to being finished... I'm more focussed on some of my newer projects including Synthetic Symphony and Omega.

15 May 2011 20:38 #25
Wait, did you use Sytrus? I SO need to buy that synth... .

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
15 May 2011 20:40 #26
Yep I use it in just about every song! It comes with the Signature Bundle of FL just sayin'....

15 May 2011 20:44 #27
Damn, I got the Fruity Bundle

• Thank you received: 0
15 May 2011 23:47 #28
I 100% loved that clip! Very catchy, and a great work with the instruments overall! Looking forward to the full release.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
16 May 2011 01:00 #29
Wow thanks Rokoshu!

So for the second sample, would you guys a part of it with action, or a softer section of the song... You know, with piano...

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
17 May 2011 03:17 #30
ATTENTION! ATTENTION! ATTENTION!

Synthetic Symphony is about 95-98% complete! It needs just a few tweaks and it's done! It will be up on YouTube... TOMORROW!

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.997 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.