file Pros and Cons: THE FORUM

• Joey
  • Joey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
  • Thank you received: 191
14 May 2011 15:25 #1
Okay this is my 11th day here as a member and I've fully developed my thoughts on the forum. So, here we go:

PROS
An overall friendly community
Gives you help right when you need it!
FULL of fun and games! (Hangman! )
BLOGS
World Record Rampages so I know the best pathways
A collection of MB mods which add to my MB collection of fun and more fun!

CONS
Too much vulgar language and jokes... I DON'T like it...
Useless spam here and there...
The great discouragement among mods...
The fact that I can't beat Oaky in hangman!
The fact that Hangman! is the only game that's ever played in the 'Games' board...
The fact of topics ALWAYS going off-topic...

I'll edit the post as I discover new things

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ian_Cordle
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
  • Thank you received: 10
14 May 2011 15:29 #2
I could rip apart some of the negative opinions in a lengthy rant, but I shant do that.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
14 May 2011 20:25 #3
You mean like disagreeing with them in a nice long rant? Look Ian everyone has their preferences and their thoughts, and these just happen to be mine...

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.

• Thank you received: 91
14 May 2011 20:39 #4
I agree with almost everything in your list, I could add a couple things, but, I disagree with this one:

May 14, 2011, 8:25am, techwarrior wrote:

This is just incorrect. Compared to any other forum I've seen, this is the cleanest I've ever seen. Almost no vulgar language, even innocuous types, are used here, especially after the advent of the new rules. And admit it, at least some of those jokes are funny

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
  • Thank you received: 188
14 May 2011 21:02 #5
May 14, 2011, 8:25am, techwarrior wrote:
CONS
Useless spam here and there...
The great discouragement among mods...
The fact that I can't beat Oaky in hangman!
The fact that Hangman! is the only game that's ever played in the 'Games' board...
The fact of topics ALWAYS going off-topic...

1st I think there isnt any vulgar language after matan changed rules so forum could be family friendly and dont countain vulgar language as you can see in first QOTD post there is vulgar languge like $11t and F*** and in latest ones there isnt. Only exeption is like damn and sometimes crap etc that come out from forum members.
And some jokes are fun but some dont(Like Andrew joke witch is wery old and boring). I expect that you dont like Nobody jokes. But they are sometimes still fun. Would you like to post in some kinda emo forums were everyone is talking like gosts it would be boring. These forums are for fun not just for MB. I like spending time in these forums becuase its not boring.

2nd Spam is everywere so all i can say is deal with it. At least in our comunity its not so big and i dont think there isnt so much of it.

3rd If you would be here before one year then you would understand why many of our members hate fact that all mods fail and why they are discouriging them and call them n00b mods. Its because only mods that have had any sucses is MBP and MBA. They are wery angry about it thats why that kinda things happen. Finaly after long time Matan changed rules and i hope they will change everyting so i hope you will see some changes in future.

4th you cant beat Oaky in hangman. Higest place i have been is 3rd by beating riblet for 1pt. Basicly they are too smart.

5th After hangman returned no other games were played since hangman beated them all. And do you have any other better game to suggest?

6th Yea some topics go offtopic but that usaly happens and there isnt so much cases to realy say its going out of control.

These are my thoughts. Im just telling what i know from my experiece in these forums so dont think im triing to push my thoughts over you.

P.S you may see some grammar mistakes becuse my native language is to english.

Some guy that does DTS shapes and levels.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
makes life easier for you and everyone else :)

• Ian_Cordle
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
15 May 2011 04:03 #6
Agreed with almost everything RDs said.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
15 May 2011 04:04 #7
@Rds.Empire:

1) Every day I'm around the forum there's always vulgar language SOMEWHERE I go...

2) Fine! I will get over it!

3) I still don't get why, instead of being excited, everyone assumes automatically that a mod will die... Just because MBP and MBA released doesn't mean more won't rise up... Just look at MBO, MBF, and MBE... This proves that other mods still have a chance, but thanks to complete discouragement they give up...

4) Actually, currently I'm only 6 points behind him...

5) That is judged on the public what they think is better... But just because Hangman is the most popular game, it would still be great if the community played some OTHER games as well... I mean I hate making a game then coming back 2 days later and seeing 0 Replies...

6) Well the people can control it...

• Ian_Cordle
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
15 May 2011 04:19 #8
1) I would like to see some examples. I have seen barely any vulgar language on this forum, and it is one of the cleanest places on the internet that I have seen.

2) I rarely see spam compared to most places on the internet. Again, this is one of the best places you can be. We have a few members who don't exactly know what to say. (and just like posting) but overall, this is a spam-free environment.

3) You don't know why? How many mods have actually done what they said they set out to do...? 3! Wow. How encouraging. Out of about 30 mods, only 3 get it all done. 10% isn't a promising percentage, and to be truthful, people don't want to see more wasted time and noobs complaining about their lack of staff or their problems making their mod. Bad planning, or lack thereof, is also not a big help.

4) Get over it, it's Hangman.

5) It's a board about Marble Blast, I would consider ourselves lucky that we have any good community games going!

6) It's a forum. This does not mean that all topics have to stay with their original topic. Although they usually are guided to stay in the same area, it is annoying that people keep saying on/off topic and that people keep complaining about topics being off-topic. We have fun and have discussions. Would you rather have us start a new thread every time a slightly new topic comes up? To be honest, I prefer certain topics having a bit of variety.

• Thank you received: 15
15 May 2011 04:28 #9
Locked by request.

Agreed completely with Ian btw.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.903 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.