file The Members

• Joey
  • Joey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
  • Thank you received: 191
12 May 2011 22:25 #1
Just a question I've thought a lot about... : What so you think about the fact that more than half of the members of these forums have only got on once and never posted a thing???? Honestly, I'm bit shocked... For it being THAT many members!

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 18
12 May 2011 23:01 #2
They probably do it to access the member-restricted boards and download stuff. I think all internet forums have ratios like that.

• Thank you received: 25
12 May 2011 23:22 #3
Yes, that is really annoying. I have wondered that too...

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
12 May 2011 23:28 #4
May 12, 2011, 4:01pm, pablovasquez wrote:They probably do it to access the member-restricted boards and download stuff.

Yeah, that's got to be it, I don't see why else.

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
12 May 2011 23:47 #5
There are member-restricted boards? I simply thought that you just can't post when you're a guest...

• Three
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • level designer
  • Thank you received: 349
13 May 2011 00:23 #6
Many of the boards in the Vault are, but I can't see that being the reason for 2000+ people to join. One of the current main boards used to be restricted, but I can't remember which.

There are probably a lot of reasons. Many people probably just create an account in case they feel like using it one day. Maybe a small portion of them have a problem which then goes away before they get around to posting about it. Some of them never figure out how to activate their account (noobs ). Many more reasons I'm sure.

Follow me on twitter at @threefolder

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
13 May 2011 00:33 #7
The New Levels used to be the restricted-access board but I decided to lift that up... not that it helped the registered members amount, it kept growing

Honestly I don't know why people do. The reasons MF gave sound best though.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• Three
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • level designer
  • Thank you received: 349
14 May 2011 00:23 #8
May 12, 2011, 5:23pm, marblefire wrote:Many people probably just create an account in case they feel like using it one day. Maybe a small portion of them have a problem which then goes away before they get around to posting about it. Some of them never figure out how to activate their account (noobs ). Many more reasons I'm sure.

I did that, too! I joined in 2008, and my first post was in January 2011.

Follow me on twitter at @threefolder

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
14 May 2011 00:28 #9
LOL believe it or not I was just wondering that...

• Thank you received: 91
14 May 2011 00:29 #10
I remember checking a while ago and only 18 out of ~70 pages of members had people that actually posted, even once. It would be awesome if a lot of them DID post, though

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.909 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.