file Time to Rock 'n... Techno???

• Joey
  • Joey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
  • Thank you received: 191
07 Jul 2011 07:29 #1
Quote:That's right! I've got a new project coming and I'm trying something entirely different! I will attempt to mix rock with techno. I call this project: Soviet Prophecy! Why? It just sounds cool. Current progress: 5% maybe?

So far I've got the soft beginning with pads, choirs, etc. In the beginning pads there are 3 choir clips: Treble, mid, and bass. Each of them fade in and out during the motion. After that a series of 4 crashes hit, thus beginning the rock!

In the lead, there's a 4 by 4 kick, and guitar riffs. After this, there is a session of a synth lead.

I won't give any more progress away, but I'm expecting 6-8 minutes with this one! I've got a truck-load of ideas with this!

Sorry if I gave to much of a spoiler, but I'm excited for this project! I hope you all are awaiting!

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
08 Jul 2011 01:51 #2
Any comments, guys?

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
08 Jul 2011 03:07 #3
No, no comment. ...

This sounds really cool. Rock and techno are 2 of my favorite genres. I'm excited for this.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
08 Jul 2011 03:21 #4
Thanks Kwill! Some parts I'm having the same pattern but on two different sounds: Guitar and a synth. There's also riffs that play through the song, too. Guitar riffs. At the ends of some sections, I tried this fade-out effect. But instead of volume, I've used cutoff frequencies. I think it sounds really neat. I've also included some hits too. You know, orchestral hits?

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
11 Jul 2011 19:32 #5
Progress:

For those that didn't know, the song's name is Soviet Prophecy. Rock + techno.

Hours spent so far: 8
Length so far: 3 min. 30 sec.
Style: Punchy drums, guitar just about everywhere in the song, hits, 3/4 beat; switches to 4/4 like in Synthetic Symphony.

I guess you can look at it pretty much like Synthetic Symphony, except the style and tone of the song is entirely different. Sample coming soon!

~ Tech Warrior

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
18 Jul 2011 20:18 #6
PROGRESS REPORT (Again!):

NO this song isn't dead! But, good productions take time.

I'll be posting a sample of this song later today! I've come up with an interesting idea for the song. It will have 2 different moods: The first half of the song will be the rock and techno section, whereas the second half of the song will be more acoustics and orchestral stuff... If I ever put up a download, you can download the full song, the first section (rock), or the second section (the rest).

~ Tech Warrior

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
28 Jul 2011 07:14 #7
- Bump -

...The sample never came. I'll get one together as soon as I can!

And boy, this project is taking forever! I started it in April, and am still working on it!

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.903 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.