file A 37-hour Day (or night)

• Joey
  • Joey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
  • Thank you received: 191
18 Aug 2014 22:14 #1
I realize RC 1 has just released and there's a lot of excitement, and I will check that out at a later date. But for me, blogging is always about timing, and timing is right because today was my first day of school. Generally this wouldn't be such a big deal, but I learned a lot of things today - I even cried.

I got up after a nice 8-hour sleep, which came directly after staying up for roughly 37 hours straight. See, I wanted to do that at some point during the summer, so I figured there would be no better way than to give me motivation for getting a good sleep the first day for school. Throughout that night I basically wrote a bunch of papers that I had to turn in on that first day, and played a bit here and there when I got bored. I haven't actually touched music in roughly a week because of that, since I did all my summer work for English within the past week. After I got to school, I went straight into the office to tell principal that all the assignments were sent to her via email. That was sufficient, so I left and headed towards the room everyone stays in before dismissed to homeroom.

The reaction that I got from my peers was remarkably satisfactory. Many were surprised, of course, and many people also teased me about my purple hair. That was cool though, so I let it all be and socialized briefly. Now, recall that there was one girl in particular of whom I used to like and who was resentful towards me chasing senior year with her (my blog "Pride and Prejudice" almost entirely encompasses that if you're interested to know more of the subject, and in my 2013 year review you can see that a bit in there if you missed it). I did not actually speak to her in this setting, despite her being present in one of the far sides of the room. But the important thing was that the reaction I got was positive. However, one of my friends told me something that really touched me and made me tear up a bit.

He told me that when his mother told him I was skipping, he almost cried. That touched me because it made me realize that I really am important to him and that he is really a friend, and it made me realize that I'm basically leaving all the people who were my classmates and who really were my friends. It's a touchy subject even now, but it's part of life. During lunch my best friend cried after we talked a little bit. This is going to be a year of crying. But that's okay. Moving on, I did actually converse with the girl I mentioned before. You see, it turns out that she is in Calculus as well, but the interesting thing is that her and I are the only people in Calc. We are basically pacing the class, which means we sort of have to learn on our own. This meant we had to talk to each other and help each other, which personally I do not have a problem with. She didn't actually mention anything of the subject of my being in her grade, and I refrained as well. We conversed lightly, tried to understand the concepts together, asked questions, etc. It was great - so far no hard feelings from her have been spewed. My hope is that it stays that way. But I have a feeling at the end of the year this will come up.

Today I also learned that I can change my schedule in such a way that brings my GPA closer to a 5.0 than a 4.0. I'm not saying this to sound gloated, but I'm saying it to express part of why the day was alright. Obviously this is an exciting thing, so I've chosen to share it. See, when I came in this year, I did not expect anything above 4.0 because I opted not to take college courses for mostly financial reasons. However, given that I could choose to take honors courses (my school doesn't actually offer AP) and the option was given to me to take an early college class at school for like $60, I've decided to do that. Currently there are two classes stopping me from getting all the way to 5.0, and ironically those two classes are the ones I would have taken as college credits: Government and Art/Humanities. It's still exciting though, so I intend to go all the way with it.

That about wraps up the day. It was good, the environment was very new because I felt important, and the class schedule for me is about to be very new and exciting. The future looks interesting, and I'll keep you posted if anything worth talking about happens. Oh, I should get my permit in roughly two weeks, so you can expect a blog then. :)

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
24 Aug 2014 15:27 #2
Nice reading techwarrior. Happy to hear everything worked out. I start class tomorrow :F

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.856 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.