file The Better Side

• Joey
  • Joey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
  • Thank you received: 191
11 Nov 2014 23:36 #1
Hope is life's great lie. There are two sides of what comes from hope; either you 1) get what you want, or 2) lose the anticipation you expected because everything you hoped for was outside the realm of realism. Now, that being said, there are many who can hope realistically. For them, hope is less of "I dream this will happen magically" and more of "I expect this will happen because I will make it happen." Unfortunately, the problem with that mindset is that you are limited to your resources and your environment. While ambition is far from a negative thing, over-confidence is dangerous. Fortunately, I've learned that the easy way, but just a tad late in the race.

It's 2014. And much to my resentment, it's dangerously almost 2015. There are a few things I don't yet have that I "hoped" for: A job, college, and musical progress. So, basically, I don't have what I intended to base this year around. I've worked to try and make these things happen, but then I've had to realize that - because I'm still under 18 and really don't have a lot of experience out in the world - I have limitations based on my resources. First of all, I have an interview on Saturday but it definitely isn't my first; I'm "hoping" for a positive outcome this time, and I intend to give it my all to make it happen. However, I also hoped for something that is slightly out of my control: early college admittance. Based off of circumstances, getting a full ride or even a good scholarship is an opportunity that looks awfully grim at this point. But that's more long term than now. I signed up for college classes in the spring, but that's only going to let me graduate. I've probably switched the college I wish to attend at least seven times; there's a bit of reason for why that is, but it is far from personal conviction. Deadlines are approaching, and at the moment I'm back at ground zero because of things which I will not discuss at the moment (basically because it's difficult to pinpoint definitiveness).

So, that's that. But I hate to talk about bad things when there are some good things. I've started driving, although I don't actually get my intermediates until March; but, everyone starts somewhere. I did change up my appearance drastically this year - one that I'm almost happy with, despite that having little influence over the future. I decided that I'd like to major in English, with a focus on Theatre and at the least a minor in Theatre/Acting; though, I have yet to determine where that will be attained. Although I'd like to excel in producing music, I really need something to fall back on. In the background of my college years, I plan to work on excelling in the music industry given that a degree is far from necessary for that.

This will probably be my last blog of the year prior to my 2014 year review, which will eclipse every dynamic that I've missed and capture the atmosphere for what the future just might hold. Despite the fact that this year has been culturally depressing, it was actually not nearly a bad year, for many major decisions were involved in regards to my future (even though nothing has happened yet). But beyond that, one of the biggest things for me this year was building character; this year really helped me to explore aspects of myself that I either didn't consider before or didn't really want to think about, and the experiences/circumstances have changed the way I think and feel about nearly everything. Conversely, one of those things involves hoping for the better side.

~ TW

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.809 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.