• Joey
  • Joey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
  • Thank you received: 191
26 Jan 2015 14:23 #1
Hey guys, happy 2015!!11!!1!1

So I had two options. I put together this long list of things I wanted to have done and accomplished by the end of this year, in hopes of actually getting those things done. However, because I presumed that would be a bad idea, I got rid of the list. So now we're going to option two - no limits. You see, when you set yourself on a mission to get a specific thing accomplished, you're going to do what it takes to get that done. That's good and all, but what happens when that doesn't happen? You let yourself down, and get disappointed with yourself. Because I want to avoid that, I'm not going to set any stipulations. The way I look at it, the sky is the limit, and whatever happens will happen for a reason.

Recently, I've acquired something of an interest in collecting cubes and cube-like puzzles. But it's nothing more than a hobby; I have no interest in going into it professionally. But everyone needs a hobby. Despite that, though, I had some ideas of things I wanted to publish this year that were not related to music, mostly because I felt like I could offer something else besides music. Over the years, I've written probably three or four novels that I didn't release for my own reasons. But, there is one in the works now that I'm positive in releasing, mostly because I think it will make an impact. The title of this novel is The Last Zaex, and it combines elements of philosophy and reason with political conspiracy and a supernatural war. There are a lot of subplots throughout the story, but they all tie down to one important concept: the supernatural (that of course would be the Zaex). Inspiration for actually writing the novel didn't happen until months after I finished the production on my album that bears the same name. I decided that I wanted my audience to know the story, rather than simply get an idea of it. I do plan on posting an excerpt of it here at some point in the next few months.

But plans don't always work out. I mean, I would know that. But, perhaps that might be the incentive for working outside the box. Sure, if something doesn't go our way, we can just try it again, right? Alternatively, we can try something different - something more grand. Obviously, we have to consider why our original plan didn't work out. Believing in hope is only the first step to moving forward, because it isn't a step. It is only an incentive. Okay, so maybe high school wasn't the big "hot shot" experience that I envisioned in my head. Maybe I saw myself going somewhere by senior year. Maybe 2015 looked differently in my head. My point is that regardless of everything you've planned in your head that encompasses your idea of what your future should be like, reality will set in at some point because time doesn't stop. It's likely normal that often times we set our expectations higher than we should, but what's the point in sitting, hoping and wishing that you could just magically pop into that reality you had in your head? I mean, I did that all the time last year, but I'm beyond that now. This is 2015, and there are more doors to open.

As far as good things go, this year really does have the potential to be the best of them. If all goes well, I'll actually get to Florida and continue college, move out, visit Atlanta, film in Pennsylvania, visit New York at the end of the year to see the ball drop, and finish all the musical and literary projects I have planned for the year. No matter what circumstances arise, always make an effort to push for the things you want. I mean, the sky is yours; you should take advantage of it. :)

~ Joey

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
  • Thank you received: 188
29 Jan 2015 18:49 #2
Really inspirational post! You should definetly continue doing writing, this is pretty deep and your ideas could be put into something really great and enjoyable.
Though as you said the reality is quite different from our visions. The biggest struggle i experience is accepting failure and understanding that is one step further to succsess. I think that's the main reason why our plans fail, it's because we don't want to deal with with failures that upset as and are unevitable. It's more of a principle that if we feel pain then our natural reflex is to not do thing that causes it again. The proper ways is to do things so that they don't cause us pain but are still done, or as you said, doing things differently, from different angle. Indeed i made same conclusion as you didn't I but from different point of view.
I wish you good luck on this years endeavors, keep strong and never give up. :) , I for myself finally plan on visiting few distant places this year (unfortunately not USA this year, but i eventually plan to go to some event) and I have few modeling projects in works so it should be really interesting year.

Some guy that does DTS shapes and levels.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
makes life easier for you and everyone else :)

• Thank you received: 156
30 Jan 2015 00:48 #3

Joey wrote: Recently, I've acquired something of an interest in collecting cubes and cube-like puzzles.

I approve ;)

Looking through a few of your previous blogs it's evident that you have progressed as a person. It's really enjoyable to see. I admire that you have opted not to set any overly ambitious goals for this year - I've set myself up for disappointment so many times in the past. Year-long schedules can really be a pain in the neck, especially if your interests have drifted elsewhere.

My advice to you is this: Think about the present. Not the past, not the future - the present.Think about what you want to be doing and where you should be going. There's no reason not to do whatever you feel like. And don't let what you've said about yourself in the past change anything. Adopting this mentality has really helped me keep relaxed this year, and I hope you will agree.

On an unrelated note, I would totally read one of those novels you mentioned. :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff

• Joey
  • Joey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
  • Thank you received: 191
31 Jan 2015 16:22 #4
Thank you both for discussing your thoughts with me; I really like to see insight from others on these things, so it's much appreciated.

RDs, I think you are absolutely right. Accepting failure is a huge struggle for me because I don't like to fail (nor does anyone, I'd presume). I'm a person that wants to succeed as quickly as possible, and sometimes trying to succeed so quickly can lead to failure. I think sometimes failure is one of those things that both encourages us to do something better, yet discourages us to try something new; it's all about the mentality you choose. I'm trying to use failure as a means of moving forward, but it's definitely a process since it kills motivation. But alas, good luck to you as well and hope you do have a great year! :)

Nihahhat, I think you have the right idea. Something I've learned from last year's experiences is that nostalgia is a killer, and thinking backwards cannot work if I want to move forward. I constantly have new ideas about things I want to do or engage in, and I agree with you in that there is nothing wrong with going for them. I mean, I never really thought I would pick up writing too much in the past, but now I'm realizing that writing could be a potential for my success. The close of last year was different than every other year because I had no idea where I would be in a year from then - a year from now. And I think the best plan is to not make a plan. :)

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.890 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.