file 4/4/2012 - Marble Blastationizationism

• Ticket2Ride
  • Ticket2Ride's Avatar Topic Author
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 5
04 Apr 2012 21:00 #1
Okaaaay, okaaaaay, I know I've been neglecting my blog updates for a while.

Anyway, I'm also working for a mod, MBWorld and making around 0.7 levels per day. So no updates on my levels thread yet because all my newer ones are gonna be given to MBWorld.

I don't know how to program at all, but I've a had a few .dts ideas:

Powerups:

Ghost Powerup
You can go through interiors but not .dts shapes. (using a colmesh could be handy to prevent falling off the floor...

Immunity Powerup
For a limited number of time, you're safe from the effects of hazards and oob triggers.

Time Stopper
For a while, the rotation of powerups and gems, movement of moving platforms and the movement of hazards and their effects are all slowed down. But the clock and marble movement won't be affected

Hazards:

Disabler
Collectible like a powerup, but hazardous. Upon contact, you lose one part of marble control. (could be jumping, forward movement, camera movement, leftward movement, powerup use, etc.) Wears off in a while, respawns.

Earthquake pole
Upon contact, the whole level, interiors and .dts shapes alike, will all shake for a while. (magnitude level is random)

Parasites
Moving .dts shapes that trigger you oob upon contact.

Floor Sufaces:

Quicksand:
You move slow as hell and you can't jump. Super traction

Electric Field:
You move fast as hell and you can't jump. Super traction.

Awkward Force
You move in the opposite direction of the keys that you're pressing.

Booster
Kinda like the Random Force, except that you move in one fixed direction depending on the direction of the chevron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.772 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.