file 11/3/2012 - List of New Powerups, Hazards & More

• Ticket2Ride
  • Ticket2Ride's Avatar Topic Author
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 5
03 Nov 2012 18:01 #1
I'm just continuing the list from my previous blog.

Anyway, here's a compilation of my ideas.

Powerups:

Ghost Powerup
You can go through interiors but not .dts shapes. (using a colmesh could be handy to prevent falling off the floor...

Immunity Powerup
For a limited time, you're safe from the effects of hazards and oob triggers.

Time Stopper
For a while, the rotation of powerups and gems, movement of moving platforms and the movement of hazards and their effects are all slowed down. But the clock and marble movement won't be affected.

Hyperactivity
Triggered upon getting the powerup. Makes rolling and jumping so fast.

Hypoactivity
Triggered upon getting the powerup. Makes rolling and jumping so slow.

Rewind Powerup
Should you fail at a certain point in the level, this powerup will reverse the clock and undo whatever you did and whatever happened for the past N seconds (depending on the settings of the power up)

Hazards:

Disabler
Upon contact, you lose one part of marble control. (could be jumping, forward movement, camera movement, leftward movement, powerup use, etc.) Effects wear off eventually.

Earthquake pole
Upon contact, the whole level, interiors and .dts shapes alike, will all shake for a while. (magnitude level is random)

Parasites
Moving .dts shapes that trigger you oob upon contact.

Geyser
Kinda like a duct fan with smoke particles and a narrower, but stronger, force push. Can turn on and off in patterns.

Thunderclouds
Not collideable, but rolling through or under these may make you vulnerable to random lightning strikes, which have bumper-like effects.

Repellant Force
Basically a force that will repel the ball from it. Think of it like the force of a duct fan in all angles.

Black Hole
Opposite of the Repellant Force. Kinda like the tornado, except that it won't spit you out. However, the strength of the marble can still escape it (even though real black holes wouldn't)

Electrocutor
When triggered, going OOB makes the player's keyboard static, giving the player an electric shock.

Floor Sufaces:

Quicksand:
You move slow as hell and you can't jump. Super traction

Electric Field:
You move fast as hell and you can't jump. Super traction.

Awkward Force
You move in the opposite direction of the keys that you're pressing.

Booster
Kinda like the Random Force, except that you move in one fixed direction depending on the direction of the chevron.

Glue
As long as you don't jump, you can pretty much walk up walls or even go upside-down.

Rubber
Rolling on it will not make you launch you up like a bouncy floor would, but it absorbs less shock than usual. Think of it like a super-bounce, which just makes your ball bouncier upon contact with something.

Metal
Kinda like water, but there is still some minor recoil, but usually less than usual.

And I happen to notice that the Random Force in MBP actually moves you in the opposite direction of the spin of the marble...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
03 Nov 2012 18:05 #2
And I happen to notice that the Random Force in MBP actually moves you in the opposite direction of the spin of the marble...

Sorry to disappoint you but there is no true random force. You would be correct

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
03 Nov 2012 20:34 #3
Actually, in the older MBPs (as via matan's old videos) it was known as the backwards force. The main premise is that its friction value is -1, so as the marble spins one way, it gets pushed the other. This usually amplifies and adds in spin value from jumping to create a random-ish effect. Roll forwards onto some and notice what happens.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.791 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.