file Life of Lee #2 - I want to be an architect!

• Lee
  • Lee's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • huehuehue
  • Thank you received: 198
09 Oct 2016 10:43 #1
Hello guys! It's been a loooong time since I have written my last blog. In this blog, I want to talk about something that I want to be when I grow up - an architect! Now, I've been into drawing house sketches and doing models of houses in Autodesk Maya. I also just bought some really thin pens for me to draw (0.1mm, 0.2mm, 0.4mm). Now that's out of the way, I wanna show those sketches and models to you guys! (Some of you may have seen them before through Discord, especially Nobody)

Note that the house models are NOT textured entirely. I can tell you a lot of reasons for that, but the best reason I can say is: I'm lazy.

1. My first house model:

I built this when I just started learning Maya at my school. It was okay at first, but the weird part is the wall with the folds. It looked a bit odd for me, so I added a wall, and a balcony fence, looks 100% better:

2. My second house model:

I made this a month after I made my first model. This looks way better than the first one, and it's my proudest yet. I think it took me about a week or so to make (I can't remember), but it's worth the time. I also remade (almost entirely, I didn't put in the wall on the right side) the house in Minecraft:

3. My recent house model:

The first picture is a drawing of the house model that I did on school (and continued in Maths class :P) and the second picture is the model which I haven't finished yet. Though I wish that I can find the right textures for this house, if I could this would be the best house that I made.

Anyways, that is all! If you have any opinions about the recent house that I made, feel free to reply. I'm off!

~Lee

lee is awesome

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 3
09 Oct 2016 11:24 #2
Ahhh. People who like to design play Minecraft. Anyways cool!

Also your drawing skills are really good and would come in handy when designing a house. Just make sure you can recreate them in maya :P

Shrek Is Love, Shrek Is Life. Btw I make crappy levels.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lee

• Weather
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 262
09 Oct 2016 14:34 #3
Very nice! Have you done any other 3d stuff?

You might want to take a look at Autodesk's software made specifically for architecture (one of the 21 freaking variants of AutoCAD), and see if it's much better than Maya for what you're doing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lee

• Kalle29
  • I blame ping for losing
  • Thank you received: 754
09 Oct 2016 22:47 #4
I think it's great that you already have a passion and know what you want to do when you're older. I was very lost in my lfe after high school and spent a year doing nothing really worthwhile (studying language at another university). I wish I also knew what I wannted to become at an early age :p

And now I see why you did your Roman City custom level. I remember being really impressed with it when you showed me it the first time; and now it all makes sense why you put in so much work on a Marble Blast level.

༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽ You have been visited by the Nivea™ Donger of moisture. Soft skin and good fortune will come to you, but only if you post "thank you Mr. Skeltal" in this thread ༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lee, Weather

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.754 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.