file Day Two(ish)

• blueteak
  • blueteak's Avatar Topic Author
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 1
19 Jul 2013 19:21 #1
After a very long night, and with constant feedback from Trace and Jeff, I was able to fine tune the physics and add chat to the multiplayer! Also, thanks to Trace, I was able to use his Apex map to test with, which is awesome. Added a couple more tweaks as well, but have a look for yourself.

Because I don't want people to have to enter credentials to play, you just get assigned a random player number 1-100. Press t to chat!

As always, links in signature.

Check out my website: alvios.com/ !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 57
19 Jul 2013 20:17 #2
Coming along great, keep up the good work

• Thank you received: 67
19 Jul 2013 20:47 #3
Really looking good! Love how the sky pulls it together

• blueteak
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
19 Jul 2013 23:22 #4
The current game mode is TAG! Check it out if you haven't (also added back in chat since I broke it this afternoon XD).

• AlexTheProMacGamer
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 15
19 Jul 2013 23:40 #5
Mouse sensitivity is way too strong, is there any way to reduce it? + and - keys

Anyway, this is a very good start, looking forward to more stuff

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Thank you received: 21
20 Jul 2013 00:47 #6
For me, the side of the screen is cut off (the chat is cut to the right of the player name). Also if I press t, it pulls up the chat box but doesn't let me type, nor exit out of it so I have to quit Chrome.

• blueteak
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
20 Jul 2013 02:13 #7
Jul 19, 2013, 5:47pm, perishingflames wrote:For me, the side of the screen is cut off (the chat is cut to the right of the player name). Also if I press t, it pulls up the chat box but doesn't let me type, nor exit out of it so I have to quit Chrome.

There are currently no player names for chat, just a | to begin the chat text, so I figure your screen is set correctly since you described being to the right of where player names should be. The typing is a bit worrying, I'm not sure why you wouldn't be able to talk, I'll have to make the chat box more robust...

Added friction data for ice and the green bouncy stuff. Also fixed powerup problems.

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
20 Jul 2013 02:51 #8
@pf: I've found that this doesn't work well in Chrome. Trying it in Safari ran smoothly, though. You might have to use that.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
20 Jul 2013 03:40 #9
It was working fine in IE10, but its been lagging a bit for a while now. Time to try firefox I guess :3

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

• blueteak
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
20 Jul 2013 06:12 #10
Added a menu screen, now there is just one link for single player and multiplayer (old single player link will no longer be updated). Inside the menu there is a settings tab that will let you change (and save) mouse sensitivity and quality, if it lags too much, pull the quality down, as the highest settings use expensive anti-aliasing and realtime shadows.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.895 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.